Dolphins hire Joe Philbin as head coach

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Watching the story on NFL Network right now. And they keep showing sideline video of Jimmy Robinson. Do they even know who Philbin is? lol

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
May God bless Joe Philbin and his family; and the best of luck against all teams save one! I hope the change in scenary and fresh start help heal you and your family.

Who takes his place? TOM CLEMENTS!! At least I hope so. I have been more worried about the exodus of Clements than Philbin so I hope Clements gets promoted to OC. IMO it would be the most seamless transition for Rodgers and McCarthy. I don’t know exactly how involved Clements was in the development of Rodgers but according to stories on the subject he certainly played a part and he has to get some credit for it IMO. Flynn too.

I hope the question becomes, who is the next QB coach? Because that person (along with Clements if he stays and McCarthy) is going to have a lot of important work to do in QB camp and beyond this year.

D

Dan115

May God bless Joe Philbin and his family; and the best of luck against all teams save one! I hope the change in scenary and fresh start help heal you and your family.

Who takes his place? TOM CLEMENTS!! At least I hope so. I have been more worried about the exodus of Clements than Philbin so I hope Clements gets promoted to OC. IMO it would be the most seamless transition for Rodgers and McCarthy. I don’t know exactly how involved Clements was in the development of Rodgers but according to stories on the subject he certainly played a part and he has to get some credit for it IMO. Flynn too.

I hope the question becomes, who is the next QB coach? Because that person (along with Clements if he stays and McCarthy) is going to have a lot of important work to do in QB camp and beyond this year.

YES, listening to Rodgers it sounded like Clements had a lot to do with his developing as a qb. Clements is the coach I hope the Packers don't lose.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was I Italy upset about this. Hopefully Clements gets promoted. Interesting to see now if Mckenzie hires one of our guys for the top job in Oakland and who else we lose. Hopefully no one. The thought regarding Philbin wanting Flynn in Miami is intriguing. I wonder if Flynn is thinking the same thing.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I was I Italy upset about this. Hopefully Clements gets promoted. Interesting to see now if Mckenzie hires one of our guys for the top job in Oakland and who else we lose. Hopefully no one. The thought regarding Philbin wanting Flynn in Miami is intriguing. I wonder if Flynn is thinking the same thing.

:confused:

justcallmedaddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys, Dolphins fan here. As most of you know, Philbin was just hired as head coach of the Miami Dolphins. But there has also been speculation that Clements may be going with him to be the OC of the Dolphins(he might also stay with the Packers) so I was wondering what your thoughts were on these 2? Do you think Philbin is going to be a good Head Coach? Do you think Clements would be able to help our QB situation?

Members online