Doesn't this apply to HIS coach too?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
"I don't think the general public wants to see overindulged athletes who are getting a lot of money who don't respect the responsibility and the privilege they have," New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft said. "I don't think major sponsors want to brand with us if we're not diligent in that area."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10089728

Here is the double standard though that I have been waiting for, to illustrate a point that has been sitting in my craw for a little bit. We blast the athletes each and every day for there misteps and lack of judgement, and I believe we as the audience and supporters have the right to do that.

But here is a owner that has a HEAD COACH that is involved in a affair that has ended a families happiness, but yet you don't hear much of an outcry for his disgracing the name of the Patriots and the NFL? Isn't a entity that the NFL uses? How about his poor sportsman ship and lack of respect to people that used to stand and fight with him on the gridiron? Shouldn't he be scorn with a scarlet letter for his wrongs as well?

Granted that he hasn't broken a law, but I don't want my kids to utilize his lack of judgement and morals as a role model for their decision making in the future.

:soapbox:

Okay I will jump off the soapbox, but dang, shouldn't everyone be held to the same standards. To be fair, I am using him as an example, but we have more than the players to hold to a "higher" standard.

Members online

Latest posts