Does this sound like a happy OC?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds to me like TT made a move with out even talking to his OC to see how the possible new guy might fit into the system...hmmm...

Packer Plus

Morency's first day: Running back Vernand Morency took his physical exam with the Packers on Thursday morning and practiced soon after with his new team. The 5-foot-10, 212-pound second-year running back was acquired by the Packers on Wednesday in a trade with Houston for Samkon Gado.

"Saw a couple times where (Morency) got around the corner pretty fast," Jagodzinski said. "He looks very fast, so we'll see what we've got with him."

It's not clear if the Packers can get Morency up to speed in two days of practice, even if it is just for third-down plays.

"I don't know much about him other than he comes from Houston," Jagodzinski said.

As a result of the late Gado-for-Morency swap, the Packers could be down to just backup running back Noah Herron if anything happens to starter Ahman Green. General manager Ted Thompson said Wednesday that he didn't think that was putting the coaches in a bind.

"That's the answer from the boss," Jagodzinski said. "If that's what he said, what do you need an answer from me for?"

This probably concerns me more than anything I have read about this fall. Any good leader will rely on his downline for input. If I was going to trade a player for another, I would certianly talk with the coach that needs to fit that player into the system....wow

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trippster.

Careful with those conspiracy theories. That kind of stuff is frowned upon around here, don't you know?

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cause I'm sure if he had talked to him, he wouldn't have made the trade. IDK why everyone is so up in arms about this. So Gado maybe knows the offense better, by how much? A few months? It's not like we traded some all-star. The only reason this guy even sniffed the field, on a bad team no less, was because everyone and their aunt's sister got hurt.

OP
OP
T

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No consipricy theories here...just trying to read into what Jags was saying.

It may very well be a good trade. As I said before, Gado was having trouble picking up the new system and finding the holes. However, it concerns me that Jags was not at all involved in the conversation...at all!

As he stated, the only thing he knows about Morency is that he is coming from Houston. Am I the only one bothered by this?

I have faith that TT has an eye for talent considering some of the unknown talent he has brought here (Jennings, Collins, Gado...etc) My concern is the possible lack of communication with the staff.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hear ya, trippster. but i'm not sure that it's lack of communication or just the way he's dealing with the media. i'm sure jags doesn't want to step on MM's toes so he said whatever the HC said is how it is. :shrug:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster,

You have a right to be concerned with one more bit of evidence regarding TT's communication / teamwork skills as a leader. You are not the only one concerned !!!

This quote says it all:

"I don't know much about him other than he comes from Houston," Jagodzinski said.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
Sounds to me like TT made a move with out even talking to his OC to see how the possible new guy might fit into the system...hmmm...

Packer Plus

Morency's first day: Running back Vernand Morency took his physical exam with the Packers on Thursday morning and practiced soon after with his new team. The 5-foot-10, 212-pound second-year running back was acquired by the Packers on Wednesday in a trade with Houston for Samkon Gado.

"Saw a couple times where (Morency) got around the corner pretty fast," Jagodzinski said. "He looks very fast, so we'll see what we've got with him."

It's not clear if the Packers can get Morency up to speed in two days of practice, even if it is just for third-down plays.

As a result of the late Gado-for-Morency swap, the Packers could be down to just backup running back Noah Herron if anything happens to starter Ahman Green. General manager Ted Thompson said Wednesday that he didn't think that was putting the coaches in a bind.

"That's the answer from the boss," Jagodzinski said. "If that's what he said, what do you need an answer from me for?"

This probably concerns me more than anything I have read about this fall. Any good leader will rely on his downline for input. If I was going to trade a player for another, I would certianly talk with the coach that needs to fit that player into the system....wow

wow. i love the overracting on this site. its so .......funny.

-he says he doesnt know much about him. why is that 'news' ?
-TT said he didnt think the coaches are in a bind, Jags said nothing different.
-we've also established that the new RB has some success in the zone scheme(gado doesnt...at all), so Jags putting him in the offense wont be a problem

conspiracy theories are fun.... :roll:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, that would be the comment i'm most concerned with. why tf would your OC know NOTHING about a player that your team just picked up?!?! i'm just hoping that jags possibly said it in a joking manner.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that TT realizes that Coaches form relationships w/certain players that can affect their judgements. TT can sit back dispassionately and see what a player is actually accomplishing, not what he might do. If TT had asked Jags about Gado, he would have received a glowing report that would mean $hit in the final analysis. I'm all for TT using his power to cut ties with a one-year wonder and add some speed. My opinion of our coaching staff is not a high one.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This OC needs to be fired from the Packers again. He should know every single player in the NFL. That is his job. I'm really losing faith in the Packers now.

<sarcasm>

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
zero = sarcasm.

silly guy!! :)

Sorry. SOme of the comments and threads lately just bedazzle my tooshie. Suddenly everyone is Ron Wolf. I don't get why they don't contact NFL teams an get paid for their 'talent'.

That is not directed to the thread poster here. It's a generalization of what I've been reading here.

I could leave, but then Ryan would tear up.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT knew Gado didnt fit the system very well so he went out and got a rb that fits our system who ran almost the exact same system in college. This topic is pointless we have a rb who no longer works in our system so why keep him tt went out and got one that did. All I can say is wow people use your head.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now....know where did it say the OC didn't KNOW it was going to happen, just that he didn't know much about Morency.
He might not have liked the move, thus his snotty response. It doesn't mean he didn't know about it BEFORE it happened.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[/quote]

wow. i love the overracting on this site. its so .......funny.

conspiracy theories are fun.... :roll:[/quote]

This seems to be your answer to every question that is asked about what TT is doing.
Come on Trom you can come up with better excuses, I'm waiting....make me believe The Packers are better off.

I want to follow blindly back to the 70's and 80's, but I need more to make me take that first step.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ted is making some questionable moves. I just hope they pan out best for the Packers. So far the lack of re signing Wahle ... well I'm still STILL peesed off about that. Learning that has got me wavering a bit on Ted.

I'm going to give him the chance to prove himself before I ask for his ugly albino head.

OP
OP
T

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
TT knew Gado didnt fit the system very well so he went out and got a rb that fits our system who ran almost the exact same system in college. This topic is pointless we have a rb who no longer works in our system so why keep him tt went out and got one that did. All I can say is wow people use your head.

Legend, the post was not regarding the trade itself...I am fine with that. I trust TT's judgement (in regards to talent that is).

From what I read, it sounded like jags was a little ticked off that he knew nothing of Morency (thus I believe he did not know of the trade) and the comment regarding "not being in a bind" was sarcastic towards TT (IMHO).

This is just an observation of mine. Doesn't make it a conspiracy theory...or anything else for that matter. I just find it odd.

I am heading up to the game tomorrow with my son...I will talk with TT and find out what the hell is going on. :wink:

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i hope it was a gooe,because this new r.b. they are saying has a past like robinson,he was charged with **** but it was dropped not enough evidnce,then he and a group of guys stole bikes they made a big deal out of that,int the paperthat is the only bad thing about them signing these guys,is t.t. making a circus out of greenbay with guys like this? :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if Jags is a little upset...

at least we have coaches who actually give a damn...

but most of us agree, on paper, this trade makes sense in every possible way.

unfortunately we lost a good kid with a good heart, and most(if not all) of us wish him the best of luck!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
packerfan4ever said:
well i hope it was a gooe,because this new r.b. they are saying has a past like robinson,he was charged with **** but it was dropped not enough evidnce,then he and a group of guys stole bikes they made a big deal out of that,int the paperthat is the only bad thing about them signing these guys,is t.t. making a circus out of greenbay with guys like this? :roll:

Al Harris had some legal issues with something like that not to long ago correct?

Members online

Latest posts