Does Pack need to draft DD's replacement?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read a couple of articles about the draft where they say the Packers need a receiver who can replace Donald Driver in the next few years. I don't buy that. I think Driver has at least three more good seasons in him, barring injury. He's 32 years old, but he reminds me a lot of Charlie Joyner, the Chargers' receiver of the late 70s/early 80s who played and played well to the age of 39.

Of course it would be good to have another high quality receiver. I just don't think it's a priority yet to look for Driver's replacement.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's always a priority to look for quality players at key skill positions like WR because they are hard to find.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I've read a couple of articles about the draft where they say the Packers need a receiver who can replace Donald Driver in the next few years. I don't buy that. I think Driver has at least three more good seasons in him, barring injury. He's 32 years old, but he reminds me a lot of Charlie Joyner, the Chargers' receiver of the late 70s/early 80s who played and played well to the age of 39.

Of course it would be good to have another high quality receiver. I just don't think it's a priority yet to look for Driver's replacement.

Not Driver specifically, but we could always use another good WR. Agreed Driver is like Joyner. I could see at least 3 or 4 good years out of Driver yet.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep Driver keeps himself in tremendous condition, hes good for another few years yet

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus he's said he wants to play for another 8 years in Green Bay. He's definitely got another 3-4 in him, at least.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did. Jennings.

Right on.

I have said before that these two are so close both physically and what they do best we are missing the components of both a burner and a big WR.
One of those two is what we need to grab up next.

DD's good for another three to four years with injury being the major concern. Older guys just seem more prone to getting hurt although the WR position doesn't take the pounding other postions banging every down get.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It NEVER hurts to add quality WR's to your team. Especially since it usually takes a few years for them to mature and be big play makers.
I think Jennings has a bright future.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think DD won't have to play such a critical role in this years offense. Randy Moss should relieve some of the pressure for DD.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, they need another receiver regardless of Driver's age or the possible trade for Moss. The depth chart realistically looks like this currently: Driver, Jennings, ?, ?, ?. We cannot count on Ferguson, Martin, or Holiday to be anything. That leaves # 3 and 4 wide open and even if a trade for Moss is made, you still have 2 30+ receiver and a 2nd year man at 1, 2 and 3.

Members online

Latest posts