1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Jeff Saturday Return in 2013?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Dec 12, 2012.

1. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,678
    GBPG reported Barclay has been added to the injury report as questionable with an unspecified illness.

2. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Flu? There's a lot of it going on.

3. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    What would that mean for the O-line? Lang gets kicked out to RT and Saturday comes back to C and EDS to LG? That would be my guess, anyone know for sure? Van Roten is on the injury report as well, if he can't play what would we do if there was an injury, would Raji come in haha.

4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,678
    Yes, if Barclay can't go.

5. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    GVR is sick, Lang couldn get cleared because he was sick, Barclay is sick, House was sick last week. Quarantine them before someone else gets sick :ninja: *knocks on wood* *throws salt over shoulder*

6. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,486
    Well we have a good look at the future of Jeff Saturday, after getting replaced by EDS against the Titans.

7. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    I called this weeks ago that EDS was the future starter at center when i created a thread about the future o-line..some people thought otherwise. Hmmm???;)

8. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    It's one game. We'll see how he does against the Vikings. We still need to improve our OL in the offseason even if EDS does look promising. I'm still hoping for either Jonathan Cooper or Barrett Jones. Jones is a very, very versatile lineman who can play almost any spot including C. If we could nab him in round 2, which would probably require us to move up a bit, while reserving our Round 1 pick for someone like Tyler Eifert, that'd be awesome.

9. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,486
    Saturday and EDS has varying positive and negative attributes, and I'm sure that EDS and Rodgers have been putting in extra time during practice. MM and TT probably figure that this is the right time to see what you've got at center, heading into the 2013 draft.

The Vikings D-line is certainly better than the Titans line. This will be an important stretch of games for EDS

10. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    True but any signs of struggle MM has to go back to Saturday. Can't mess around in the playoffs.

11. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,486
    I'm sort of with you on that statement, because it is the playoffs. But it flies in the face of conventional wisdom which would be that you weather the initial problems as someone adjusts and grows into a new role. Knowing how MM and TT handle personnel issues, it seems unlikely that they would yank EDS unless he was stinking up the place. They must have seen a decline in Saturday's play enough to insert EDS just two weeks prior to the playoffs. Heck, they won't yank Crosby but they yank Saturday....

12. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +856
    I don't know why the Packers would not bring back a pro-bowler like Saturday.

13. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Still disagree. It will take more than one game to convince me otherwise.
    Cooper and Jones will likely go in the first, especially if ATL picks ahead of us. I like Ertz better than Eifert.

14. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,406
    I don't think he comes back

15. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +374
    He only got voted to the Pro Bowl because fans recognize his name and most people have no idea how to evaluate O-line play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +392
    U figure if AD can come back from an ACL/MCL Perry should be able to come back & be better