Does James Jones lack chemistry with Aaron Rodgers?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember half of the catches thrown my way. I do however remember every time I woke up, LOL!

I went to college for free catching passes over the middle:) so altho i knew there was a chance i could get blasted it paid off!! Being 6'2 195 pounds helped just a tad.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
5ft 8 and 225 is ground and pound size for sure.

I am back to my size I was in HS ball. 6' 3" 245 lbs. Only time I lost weight was when I was a US Marine for 5 years, got down to 200 lbs even, after I got out, back up to 245.....what can I say, I love brats and cheese. lol

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Have you ever even palyed the sport?
Yes, I played three years in what used to be called "Pop Warner" football, then junior high school, then high school, and then one year with a relatively crappy college team, all of which occurred decades and decades ago. Before I started playing organized football I was a Packers fanatic. And before and during organized football I played sandlot football and I was on a flag football team in grad school (which had more to do with partying and drinking beer after the game than actually playing football). I don't mean to sound immodest but don’t my posts on this forum indicate a knowledge of the game which falls within the range of the average fan on this site? If so, why ask such a question? Your comment looks to me like a continuation of the nonsense you posted about Jones which, as I posted IMO reflects poorly on you, not Jones.

The issue of this thread is whether or not Jones and Rodgers have chemistry. The OP after posting two items which are easily dismissed IMO, listed two games worth of stats to support his inference of lack of chemistry. In response to that I posted, "Take a look at the stats from last year and you'll see Jones' stats are better than Drivers all across the board. Was there a chemistry problem between Driver and Rodgers last season?" That was my attempt to knock down another item advanced as support of the OP. Nowhere did I challenge Driver's record or his position within the franchise relative to Jones' which is an obvious point recognized even by the most casual fan.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
ok, good to go. We are all allowed our own opinion of a player. I have stated mine. Weather he lacks "chemistry" or he has his head up his *** could be considered the same thing. I agree that 2 games cannot merit a judgement, but previous year and continued poor performance and lack of cinsistancy has earned him a reputation that will continue to haunt him unless he performs at a much higher level. For him, as a player, to whine and complain that he does not get enough catches, is a cry baby move, like or not, it is. He is on a winning team, he should be happy of that alone. He seems like a disgruntled punk some times. He needs to sit there, earn big bucks, catch the damn ball when asked to, run the proper routes, and shut the hell up. Granted he could go some place else to a much much much more mediocore team and be their "#1" guy and get paid better, but does said team have a shot at the ultimate goal, no.

Does he lack chemistry after 5 years w/ his QB? No, he should not, but I think he didn't give it his "all" during camp and his lack of off season preparation is showing. He is not as good as he thinks he is. Bottom line.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
wow 5'8 and 225? you must be built like Maurice jones-Drew lol
Not as lean as he is, and I carry it low, but I'm pretty stocky. I'm back down to college weight now that I spent a summer sweating off 20 lbs of water weight. I feel too light now.

ok, good to go. We are all allowed our own opinion of a player. I have stated mine. Weather he lacks "chemistry" or he has his head up his *** could be considered the same thing. I agree that 2 games cannot merit a judgement, but previous year and continued poor performance and lack of cinsistancy has earned him a reputation that will continue to haunt him unless he performs at a much higher level. For him, as a player, to whine and complain that he does not get enough catches, is a cry baby move, like or not, it is. He is on a winning team, he should be happy of that alone. He seems like a disgruntled punk some times. He needs to sit there, earn big bucks, catch the damn ball when asked to, run the proper routes, and shut the hell up. Granted he could go some place else to a much much much more mediocre team and be their "#1" guy and get paid better, but does said team have a shot at the ultimate goal, no.

Does he lack chemistry after 5 years w/ his QB? No, he should not, but I think he didn't give it his "all" during camp and his lack of off season preparation is showing. He is not as good as he thinks he is. Bottom line.
If Jones wants more touches, he'll have to do more with the touches he gets. Like Driver has this season IMO. Chemistry however is not something that transfers from season to season. It's like riding a bike, you still remember the mechanics, but the tricks take a bit to get just right again. Timing/synchronization is something you have to do all over again every year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts