Does Driver or Woodson get their numbers retired?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Driver? The fact he is the Packers' career leader in receptions may get him into the NFL Hall, particularly since he now has a Championship.

Cris Carter's numbers dwarf DD's and even he's having trouble getting in.

And before someone says it, Super Bowls aren't as important for receivers.

OP
OP
brett2520

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that DD probably wont make the NFL Hall at all, but I was wondering if we retire his number based solely on what he means to the Packers and our fans. Woodson, on the other hand will probably make the Hall with a few more productive seasons (three hopefully.)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver has never even had double digit TDs in a season. No chance of Hall of fame. come on guys.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both should be in the Packers' Ring of Fame, but retiring a jersey number is tough. 53 players on a team, 100 possible numbers, each position has a certain number range... It would just be tough to retire two more numbers in Green Bay.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before this season, I"d say no freaking way.

I still don't think both numbers will be retired, but I could see it, and I definitely think both numbers won't be used anymore, even if they're not retired per se.

Also, Woodson is a surefire HoF. And Driver, with this ring, got a lot closer. I'd say he has a better shot than Andre Reed and Cris Carter, simply because of his history, and him winning the SB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that DD probably wont make the NFL Hall at all, but I was wondering if we retire his number based solely on what he means to the Packers and our fans. Woodson, on the other hand will probably make the Hall with a few more productive seasons (three hopefully.)

I think Woodson has a very very good chance of getting in. Last night helped alot because when you think of this SB you think of Woodson cheering on the sideline from a broken collarbone and with voters they like that sentimental moments. Some, many actually, feel he got hosed on the brady tuck rule and with his numbers I see him getting in sooner than later.

Only two* other player in history have won a NCAA championship, a Heisman, and a SB. Does anyone know who the other two* are?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think Woodson has a very very good chance of getting in. Last night helped alot because when you think of this SB you think of Woodson cheering on the sideline from a broken collarbone and with voters they like that sentimental moments. Some, many actually, feel he got hosed on the brady tuck rule and with his numbers I see him getting in sooner than later.

Only two* other player in history have won a NCAA championship, a Heisman, and a SB. Does anyone know who the other two* are?

Reggie Bush. The asterisk gave that one away.

I'm going to guess Peyton Manning but that seems wrong.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Desmond Howard

Ironic that both are Michigan guys....sadly :(

I don't think Desmond got the NCAA Championship part of that equation. I could be wrong on that, though.

And after a quick Wikipedia trip I see Manning never got the Heisman. He lost to... wait for it... Charles Woodson, who is, I believe, the correct answer because he has a share of a national title at Michigan.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Desmond got the NCAA Championship part of that equation. I could be wrong on that, though.

And after a quick Wikipedia trip I see Manning never got the Heisman. He lost to... wait for it... Charles Woodson, who is, I believe, the correct answer because he has a share of a national title at Michigan.

yeah you're right...their last one was '97 thought they had gotten one while he was there...

Members online

Latest posts