Does Brooks Bollinger have any talent?

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since he played his college ball at Wisconsin some of you may have some input on his ability. Does he have the ability to be a starter in the NFL? I have never seen him play.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he would need the perfect type of system to be a starter..Would he be a really good starter? Who knows..

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/bollinger_brooks

there is a link to his prospect before entering the nfl..

ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a well-developed, yet compact frame … Shows quick feet in his drop and set, getting good depth … Can put decent zip behind his release … Has above average arm strength and can make the long throws … More accurate on the underneath tosses with average accuracy on his deep ball … Shows good touch on fade routes, screens and short throws … Gets good movement in the pocket and can find the rush lane when forced to scramble (school's all-time leading rusher among quarterbacks) … Will sit in the pocket and step up to make his throws, showing good toughness under pressure.

Negatives:

More of an option-style quarterback who seems to lack the passing skills for the next level … Does not have ideal arm strength and shows only marginal timing and accuracy on his deep tosses … Has very poor mechanics, dropping his elbow in his release, throwing more with a sidearm motion … Sometimes misses reads and throws to areas where his receivers are not occupying … Too hot and cold — can get rattled under pressure at times and then keep his cool to move the team downfield … Moves too soon and looks to run at the first sign of pressure; needs to stand taller in the pocket rather than looking to run … Concussion and a couple of liver injuries are a concern … His deep ball seems to float … Prone to taking sacks, as he tends to wait too long for the route to develop rather than look for his secondary targets.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Under-rated arm strength, throws better on the run but overall wasn't real accurate in college. A little on the short side, think Brees. Had happy feet in college, but that is several years ago.

With his mobility he could surprise, but better put in alot of roll outs and short to intermediate routes.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, remember that his coach was also his OC in college so he may have that "perfect system"

Went 2-7 for the Jets 2 years ago after every other QB went down or was benched.

Came in for an ineffective Brad Johnson against the Bears -- was 7/9 for 70 yards before getting hurt and being replaced by Jackson.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is/will be a career back-up. Can probably manage a game alright and has a stronger arm than advertised, but is a little skittish in the pocket and could be more accurate.

Now that the Queens have traded for Holcomb, I would think Bollinger may be on the way out unless they keep 3 QB's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts