Does Better Attitude = Better Record ?

Who will step up and be the team leader this year ?

• Barnett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawk

• Favre

• Kampman

• Other

• Total voters

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this just cracks me up - now we're arguing about positive attitudes???? anyone who can argue against having a positive attitude is just............
negative!! ahahahahaha!!!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Ask the Indy Colts if talent wins championships there bucko.

Every NFL team has talent its an elite league with the best athletes around, and there isnt a single team made up of no talent. even the 49ers and jets have talent. the fact is, like my pops always says, attitude is everything. YOU NEED BOTH TALENT AND ATTITUDE. and since every NFL team has talent, then attitude goes a long way towards improving a team.

To say the Colts don't have what the All-Star Wrestling crowd here calls attitude is really off the mark. They were beaten by teams with equal talent. Maybe it has something to do with media presentations. The Steelers aren't as flashy, but they have the players.

Pro football players know that "nastiness" can get your knees, and career taken out.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
net said:
Lets flush a load of crap posted above first....FLUSH! If American business possessed 10% of what you mention above it might be true. What I've seen is greed, nastiness, loyalty to those who kiss **** and total desire to strip as much from the situation as possible while staying in business long enough to get the 'nut' then pull out and let someone else handle the headaches. Then on Sunday(sleep in) and tell people you have a higher spirit in front of you(until Monday then repeat the cycle).

Attitude. Bullcrap. Talent.

Talent is what wins in the NFL. Every athlete who steps onto the professional football field knows his job is to produce or be canned. The teams that win put together a collection of talent capable of winning consistently. Sprinkle in a little intelligent coaching and you have the makings of a winner. Attitude schmatitude.

If I put the nastiest 'attitude' players from Division III onto one professional football team does that make them a winner? The reason they all played at Division III is THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE TALENT TO PLAY AT A HIGHER LEVEL REGARDLESS OF THEIR ATTITUDE.

I don't give a damn if someone has attitude. Just tackle the runner, block for your QB and runner and deflect the pass that comes your way.

Surprise! you win.

Did you even read my post?

Good football teams are good football teams. They have proper leadership and a winning attitude that comes down from the top (see the Steelers, Patriots of the 2000s etc). Bad football teams are exactly that... entirely because of a lack of leadership. Whether that's the front office bringing in players or a quarterback who can't look his guys in the eyes and demand more.

Good business is good business and bad business is also exactly that. It still relies on proper leadership and a certain mentality, a certain way of treating those around you gets you more than the next guy. A quick buck can be made through swindling and everything you described but ask the guys at Worldcom and Enron about that... oh, wait... you probably can't. They're in jail.

I'm 25, grew up on welfare and am a three semester college dropout. I run an advertising agency with 10 employees in Atlanta doing sports marketing for the Braves, Hawks and Thrashers. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would have put me in this position without an incredibly crazy great attitude, proper perspective on life and helping those around me become even more successful than I am. People with more education, more talent and more character. My job is making these people better and ask any of them -- even former employees -- and they'll have nothing but great things to say on the impact I've made in their life and how it's helped them advance (in any direction they've decided to take it)

Attitude is EVERYTHING.

Period.

If I had to venture a guess... I'd say you aren't a very successful man. Dont live in the neighborhood you want, dont drive the car you want and dont have the flat screen that you want to watch football on Sundays. Define success how you will, possessions or otherwise, but you tell me if you've reached it. I could be wrong, but judging by YOUR attitude, you've limited yourself along the way.

Just as every NFL player who lacks it pays the consequences in some regard.

Ask Jerry Rice or Joe Montana about a "winning attitude". Then have them hold up their hand for you... marvel at the rings, baby.

I see you have a very 'high' opinion of yourself. Too bad no one enlightened you that humility also makes a person whole.

I live quite nicely, by my standards. I don't have to possess your values to consider my life successful. Who are you to suggest I'm not? Perhaps your "attitude" won't allow you to see my point.

I congratulate your 'success'. But please spare us your opinion on non-football things unless you care to respond to people who don't agree.

People who say attitude is everything never watched American Idol. William Huang told everyone he had the attitude...too bad he didn't have the talent. Someone else WON didn't they? Rice, etc. had TALENT.

Have a very, very nice day.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
William Huang made a ton of money with nothing but attitude. In fact my guess is he made more money that year than you did your entire life AND he probably gets more ****!!!!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
William Huang made a ton of money with nothing but attitude. In fact my guess is he made more money that year than you did your entire life AND he probably gets more ****!!!!

No, he made money because there are still enough people out there who enjoy a good freak show.

The same reason people slow down to gawk at an automobile accident or follow the career of Paris Hilton

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
DePack said:

No, he made money because there are still enough people out there who enjoy a good freak show.

The same reason people slow down to gawk at an automobile accident or follow the career of Paris Hilton

hee hee - good stuff, philbert!! :lol:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Attitudes really don't matter?

It's about buisness? Making money?

I believe thats all true.

And I believe that every team has those on the scouting staff evaluating players from this perspective. That's all they do. Check out the players character and attitude.

Many players get dropped from draft boards because of attitude and many players have fallen way down in the draft because of it.

And it's cost them a bunch of money. I would care to surmise that EVERYONE that posts on this board could RETIRE with the money lost by players drafted much lower than they would have if there ATTITUDE was better.

Most NFL staffs play close attention to this and give great consideration to what a players attitude will do for the chemistry of the team. If it wasn't important why would they spend so much effort in regards to it.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net

sorry but you are dead wrong on this. While talent does have bearing I would take all the division three guys with good attitude desire and some skill against your hocus pocus bad attitude team any day.

it is not that you have talent it is what u do with it that matters.

atleast my division three guys wuld play thier guts out every down for 60 minutes and well i may not win them all i would win a majority

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Come on who else but Favre would be the team leader? He has only been the leader for the last 10 and more years! Why would that change this year??????

I would agree that on any offense the quarterback is generally the leader, so obviously the same goes for the Packers. Driver is also up there as a huge inspirational leader for this team.
On the other hand, there are also defensive leaders on teams, and this is the part that makes me very happy. Look at all the talent we have on this team and all the different players who are leaders or can step up as leaders:
Nick Barnett
Charles Woodson
KGB
Al Harris
A.J. Hawk (He'll step right in and lead a very good Packer defense)
Aaron Kampman

Things look good to me on one side of the ball at least.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, a better attitude does equate to a better record, so does talent.

If I have my choice between a player with a great attitiude and good talent, or a player with a good attitude and great talent. I would recruit the more talented player, as I think I could adjust his attitude.

However, if I had to choose between:
A great attitude with bad talent
or
a bad attitude and great talent

I would take the player with the great attitude, and that is a workable situation.

Members online

Latest posts