Does anyone know??

gopack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could use a little imput from anyone out there. I have a Brett Favre signed Packer helmet and am going to a Packer signing where there will be three players Aaron Rogers, Nick Barnett and Kevin Barry. Will the helmet be worth more with these signatures or more with just Brett's signature. Any help would really be appreaciated.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would imagine that it will be more valuable with Favre alone. Barnett is a rising star, and Rodgers and Barry are unproven and second stringer, respectively. I think, in the end, their addition would diminish the value.

Just a hunch.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep Favre's signature on there by itself. Have Barnett, Rodgers, and Barry sign something else. I'd actually put Barnett's by itself as well. He could end up being pretty good one day.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think the sentimental value would greatly exceed the monetary value ( $50 to $100 for the Favre autograph + the value of the helmet) I'm no expert any longer but I would assume it would be in that neighborhood.

I've got a few Favre autographs from his playing days at Southern Miss. and as far as I'm concerned they're priceless.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be worth more if you do not add other signatures to it.

It may seem wrong to put monetary value on autographs, but there was a moment once where I was talking to a manager of a memorabilia shop. He said collecting autographs is all about having fun but the day comes when they toss you into the old folks home and you get a single room with one dresser. So when you're selling off all your stuff, you of course will want as much money as you can get for it.

So if you're going to seriously collect autographs, do it right.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin Barry is worth a fortune!!

If you want monetary value, Super Bowl participants have a larger group of collectors. Packer collectors might like the added signatures.

Adding lesser signatures limits the timeframe on the helmet. Rodgers signature identifies the helmet with one of Favre's worst years and only losing season, 2005 and the 2006 season. Long term who knows how the value is affected.

The Barnett signature adds value to Packer fans. 2003 was a very good team and season. Barnett was a rookie that year and his signature will remind fans of how it ended prematurely.

But I'm just spouting off. I know nothing of the signature market. It's okay for children to collect but I have low regard for adults who stand in line begging for another human to sign their name to a meaningless object. I just don't understand it.

OP
OP
G

gopack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These were my thoughts, but wanted to see what others thought...and you are very right...the sentimental value is priceless,but you always like to have some idea what the value might be...just in case!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know from an autograph collector standpoint, Favre alone on the helmet is more valuable.
I have a super bowl 31 mini helmet signed by Favre, and i took it to an autograph signing with Desmond Howard, and had him sign the other side of it. Being the super bowl MVP is what had me have Howard sign it, otherwise i wouldn't have added him onto it.
I have been collecting autographs for about 14 years, and do it because i love the challenge of trying to get sigs of my favorite Packers. I really like getting their sigs on photos i have taken of them. I have a pic i took of Donald Driver i want to get signed, hopefully i can pull it off this season.
I have never sold any of my autographs yet. I told my wife that when i die she can sell it all then!
But for sure, Favre alone on the helmet is the way to go, IF you are looking at it in a purely monetary value. Now, IF it brings you more pleasure to have more sigs on it, then go for it.
Emmitt Smith won't sign any helmet unless there are already other sigs on it. If it's a blank helmet, he won't sign it, cause he knows it's more valuable with his sig alone. So he wants to make SURE it's going to a real fan, not someone after money.
Bart Starr won't sign anything unless it's personalized to the fan, as that also makes sure it's going to a REAL fan, and not someone that is going to sell it on EBAY for big money. The personalization brings the monetary value way down. (Unless of course you are lucky enough to get a buyer with the same name as yours!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts