1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know Elmer Fisher?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Lynch, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]I need some help to find a man called Elmer Fisher who was born I think around 1860 perhaps earlier or later, who lived in Minnesota somewhere during 1880-1900, where his father owned a farm where they hired immigrants to do jobs for them. My great-great grandmother Maria Nilsson came to that farm and got pregnant with Elmer 1891 then she moved back to Sweden and gave birth to two twins 1892.
    By the way, Elmers parents where Irish immigrants.

I wonder if someone recognize this? I dont know where that farm where or if Elmer got any kids, it would be un if I could find out where my relatives are and learn more abou Elmer Fisher and his family.

If this help can I also mention that the Fisher family gave Maria Nilsson some money to return to Sweden and afford to raise her child(which became two) and they had some contact with her a short while before they found out before they got angry about something, that had to do with the money and they broke the connection.

I hope someone could help me out with this[/align]

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
    it probably would help if you could find the Minnesota town they were in..

3. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If he was born in 1860, sadly im pretty sure he isnt here anymore.

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    LOL

try Wikipedia.org

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I would also suggest writting this info on a Viking fan site. They might be able to help you more, as it's their state where Elmer lived.

6. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lynch,
    Try Ancestry.com. Search with whatever information that you have. There is a Elmer Fisher that was born in 1862 or 63 in Massachusetts but lived in Minneapolis in 1880 and Hennepin, MN by 1900. His wife's name was Carrie (Where have I heard the name Carrie Fisher before? Hmm)

It might be the right Elmer -- might not. A lot of Ancestry.com is on a subscription basis but some of the searches are free. Try it and see what you can find.

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Do The Vikings have a fan site? :-?

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    They sure do! And if you are lucky and get there at the right time, ALL THREE of their fans will be online!
    (It only happened once though!) :lol:

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Three Fans online at once? you sure they have 3 LOL