1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else watch AFL?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Rhino58, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Rhino58

Rhino58 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if any of you watch the AFL after the NFL season is over? My favorite team is the Desperados. I think its weird watching a guy kick a field goal from the other end of the field. :lol:

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i caught a few san jose sabercat games over the last few years...it seems like the running game just isnt really present in the arena league. i can see why, when the WR's get a running start. talk about an advantage.

i think i liked the XFL better though...the NFL made sure that didnt last long.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    AwFuL?

4. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Columbus Destroyers is my team coached by former Buckeye and NFL great Chris Speilman . I go to 1 or 2 games a year and it's fun to go to the games , the crowd really gets into it they get loud , the music is loud and you are up close to the action . The game itself is fast pace and exciting to watch , although i think they should do away with the FG , i mean you can kick a FG from your own 5 yard line and make it ( 53 yards ) as the end zone is only 8 yards deep - now if they just kept the FG's to drop kicks only that would be ok thats risky - the current rules have it - a regular FG = 3 points - a drop kick FG = 4 points . It's something to do and watch when the NFL is over - I'll still watch a good college hoops game first though .

GO PACK :mrgreen:

5. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i try to watch it on sundays. sure they can kick a 53 yd fg but they also miss 10 yders. i was turned off opening week tho. it was chicago and dallas i beleive. chi came back from down 2-3 tds and went into OT. dallas clearly fumbled the opening KO and chicago recovered and the ball was given to dallas who went on to win. need replay.

i agree, i liked the xfl. good to see some of the guys that didn't make the nfl cut. rassan saalam etc etc

6. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I watch some of the xfl,it was interesting for a while. All I remenber from the xfl is "he hate me". :lol: :lol:

7. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah rod smart right?

at least he got some work afterwards...the rest of those guys are workin the drive through.

8. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    yea rod smart.He was on the Panthers last year,if I'm not mistaken.

9. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    he still is. hurt this yr.

quite a few guys got looks cuz of that. i can't remember the qb who got a shot cuz of xfl. maddox?

10. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, Tommy Maddox. It's not like he was some nobody who tore up the XFL though; wasn't he drafted really high as Elway's would be successor?