1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Does anyone else watch AFL?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Rhino58, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Rhino58

Rhino58 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if any of you watch the AFL after the NFL season is over? My favorite team is the Desperados. I think its weird watching a guy kick a field goal from the other end of the field. :lol:

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i caught a few san jose sabercat games over the last few years...it seems like the running game just isnt really present in the arena league. i can see why, when the WR's get a running start. talk about an advantage.

i think i liked the XFL better though...the NFL made sure that didnt last long.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    AwFuL?

4. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Columbus Destroyers is my team coached by former Buckeye and NFL great Chris Speilman . I go to 1 or 2 games a year and it's fun to go to the games , the crowd really gets into it they get loud , the music is loud and you are up close to the action . The game itself is fast pace and exciting to watch , although i think they should do away with the FG , i mean you can kick a FG from your own 5 yard line and make it ( 53 yards ) as the end zone is only 8 yards deep - now if they just kept the FG's to drop kicks only that would be ok thats risky - the current rules have it - a regular FG = 3 points - a drop kick FG = 4 points . It's something to do and watch when the NFL is over - I'll still watch a good college hoops game first though .

GO PACK :mrgreen:

5. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i try to watch it on sundays. sure they can kick a 53 yd fg but they also miss 10 yders. i was turned off opening week tho. it was chicago and dallas i beleive. chi came back from down 2-3 tds and went into OT. dallas clearly fumbled the opening KO and chicago recovered and the ball was given to dallas who went on to win. need replay.

i agree, i liked the xfl. good to see some of the guys that didn't make the nfl cut. rassan saalam etc etc

6. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I watch some of the xfl,it was interesting for a while. All I remenber from the xfl is "he hate me". :lol: :lol:

7. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah rod smart right?

at least he got some work afterwards...the rest of those guys are workin the drive through.

8. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    yea rod smart.He was on the Panthers last year,if I'm not mistaken.

9. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    he still is. hurt this yr.

quite a few guys got looks cuz of that. i can't remember the qb who got a shot cuz of xfl. maddox?

10. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, Tommy Maddox. It's not like he was some nobody who tore up the XFL though; wasn't he drafted really high as Elway's would be successor?