Does anyone else feel this way?

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
When I was watching the last few Packers game I have seen a few incidents I do not enjoy watching on my beloved Packers. 1) AJ Hawk acting like a complete ****** bag. From last years finger to the masses to the soccer 'dive' for the personal foul.
2) Jermichal Finley whining and crying or throwing a tantrum when something doesn't go his way.
What does everyone else think? I know Hawk isn't the most lovable player in this Forum.
I would love the players to just play, if you blew up a play, scored or did something great then by all means go to town with the individual celebration but till you do.......... Shut Up And Play.

AROUND THE LEAGUE
Aaron Rodgers' leadership called out by Finley's agent
+SHARE
Blake Baratz, the agent for Green Bay tight end Jermichael Finley , probably delighted Packers fans with his online criticism of Jay Cutler . His related sideswipe at Aaron Rodgers -- a god in Milwaukee -- wasn't received as warmly.

Baratz lashed out at Cutler on Twitter after the Chicago Bears quarterback was critical of his teammates in a press conference following Thursday's loss to the Packers .

"Jay Cutler , u serious in ur press conf last night?U sound like a 6 yr old who just had his animal crackers taken. Quit being a *****, own up," Baratz wrote on Friday.

Baratz isn't the first to question Cutler's demeanor on the sideline, his interaction with teammates and the general aura of crankiness surrounding the man.

"There's a major difference & drop off in leadership from Manning, Brees, Brady, to the next best QB's in the league. Cutler doesn't get it," Baratz followed up .

Baratz was badgered by followers about why he left Rodgers -- Finley's quarterback -- off that list.

"ARod is a great QB he isn't a great leader," Baratz wrote . "There's a major difference. Leaders take the blame & make every1 better. He doesn't."

You'd be challenged to find others who feel that way about Aaron Rodgers .

This is coming from an agent, not a member of the Green Bay Packers . Still, interesting territory for Baratz to tread, and probably not a great service to his client. Baratz states clearly on his Twitter account that his thoughts are his own, but going out of his way to prod Rodgers isn't a service to Finley, who hasn't exactly enjoyed a pleasure cruise with the team over the years.

Despite the online clamor, we're going to assume Rodgers isn't losing sleep over it.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL .

By Marc Sessler
Published: September 18, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Modified: September 18, 2012 at 9:24 AM

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
What a moron. What does he know about Rodgers' leadership. He has never been on the field or in practice with him.

H

HardRightEdge

One should not drink and tweet, Mr. Baratz.

Peyton Manning in particular has a low frustration threshold on the field. Who could forget his sideline shouting match with Saturday, where his message was "shut up and block the play I call".

Brady too has not been shy about exhibiting dissatisfaction with teammates on the field.

Brees is more the picture of equanimity from what I've seen.

I don't get to watch these QBs play very often, two or three games per year, but I've seen plenty more of this stuff from Manning and Brady than Rodgers who I see regularly.

So, was it the booze talking? Or is Mr. Baratz frustrated his client is not getting 10 targets per game? We await the apology and perhaps some clarification.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Good tweet ya ****...lol....what does Arods leadership have to do with the ball hitting finley in the numbers and he still drops it? How does Arod need to take the blame for that? " oh, wait, my bad...I threw the ball to hard"

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
we won a rivalry game against Da Bears. And we kicked em hard. This isnt last year when we were trying to go perfect record and repeat. In today's NFL what you want to do is make playoffs and get one home game and stay healthy and win super bowl. Peak at the right time. Why hit the panic button? other then that none of this matters. Finley will play hard come Monday. Bet the ranch!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I do not think so. I like pack team this year more then last year. why you hating so much. I am the one that is gonna have to have skittles thrown at me if Lynch scores a touchdown. I was at Cowboy game and at Pack thursday game against bears. I was in a suite for the gay husky game. Did 3 games in four days! What I am saying is Rodgers is golden. WE DONT HAVE A RECEIVER PROBLEM. If you want to worry about something then worry about the offensive line. Oh and by the way I will be there at the MONDAY NIGHT FRENZY next week and PACK will win! 3 point dogs? COMMON MAN!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
do we need to get a jersey or something or what? Pack favored by 3 on the road. 20k plus packer fans are gonna be there? U gonna be there? so take the dumb loudest weirdo's and let Rodgers GO!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
well give him a chance. he gonna get it done on Monday. he understands this and I suggest you do as well. Thank you.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Finley just needs to fire his agent. Finley shouldn't even allow for his agent to say anything negative out of his mouth about Rodgers who is his quarterback. Like it or not rodgers has alot to do with Finleys worth because he's the guy that decides if he wants to throw the ball to him or not.....not Borat. If i was Finley i would be real nice to Rodgers because he's also the one who has a major hand on how much production he has this season.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of Finley and the fact he forgot how to catch a ball. This just adds more to it. Let him go so we can keep Jennings. At least he lets his performance on the field talk for him

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well. Those 2 guys are the 2 most "disliked" players on this roster along with JJ. I stood up for JJ at the start of the year. He maked me look good in week one. Not so much in week two.

Don't mind the flopping by Hawk so much. It happens. 15 yards is 15 yards. The middle finger on the other hand. How stupid. You're in a frickin bowl with thousands of people (many kids included) staring at you after a huge play and that's what you do? Whatever his intentions were aside, it's really just stupid.

Finley is well.. Finley. Maybe i'm still hung up on his (first?) year when nobody could stop him. Tremendous size, great speed, matchup nightmare... blah blah blah you guys already know that. Don't see why Finley should get blamed for this one though. He didn't do anything wrong. He wants to keep his agent after his agent made a mistake. That's it.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Well. Those 2 guys are the 2 most "disliked" players on this roster along with JJ. I stood up for JJ at the start of the year. He maked me look good in week one. Not so much in week two.

Don't mind the flopping by Hawk so much. It happens. 15 yards is 15 yards. The middle finger on the other hand. How stupid. You're in a frickin bowl with thousands of people (many kids included) staring at you after a huge play and that's what you do? Whatever his intentions were aside, it's really just stupid.

Finley is well.. Finley. Maybe i'm still hung up on his (Second) year when nobody could stop him. Tremendous size, great speed, matchup nightmare... blah blah blah you guys already know that. Don't see why Finley should get blamed for this one though. He didn't do anything wrong. He wants to keep his agent after his agent made a mistake. That's it.
100% agree.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, Finely gets way to much hate directed his way for a guy that does produce, even if he can and should produce more, he's still up there as an top 10 TE. While Rodger gets a pass for not playing very well the last couple weeks and the playoff game. Both need to step up their games.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually LOVED Hawk taking that dive when the player shoved him.... drawing the flag is always great.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, Finely gets way to much hate directed his way for a guy that does produce, even if he can and should produce more, he's still up there as an top 10 TE. While Rodger gets a pass for not playing very well the last couple weeks and the playoff game. Both need to step up their games.
LOL, tell me you're a stat guy right? Yea, Rodgers, the best QB in the league should step up his game. Did you watch the first two games?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to dump on Hawk without knowing the context of why he gave that shove to Carimi. I know that it happens in football all of the time, but there is usually a reason. The two could have been going at it all game or Carimi could have given a similar shove several plays earlier. I'll try to watch the tape again tonight to find out. However, if it was just Hawk taking a cheap shot without provocation then, well, it was a weeny move by him. I'm not the type of person that will approve of such behavior just because it somehow benefited the team. That's how teenagers think. Play with attitude and command respect by your actions.

Finley's agent is a moron. I truly hope that he wasn't speaking for Finley. If anything, I think that this shows that Finley has the wrong people in his corner providing guidance and wisdom. He might consider finding a different agent that knows to not run his mouth on social media.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to dump on Hawk without knowing the context of why he gave that shove to Carimi. I know that it happens in football all of the time, but there is usually a reason. The two could have been going at it all game or Carimi could have given a similar shove several plays earlier. I'll try to watch the tape again tonight to find out. However, if it was just Hawk taking a cheap shot without provocation then, well, it was a weeny move by him. I'm not the type of person that will approve of such behavior just because it somehow benefited the team. That's how teenagers think. Play with attitude and command respect by your actions.

Finley's agent is a moron. I truly hope that he wasn't speaking for Finley. If anything, I think that this shows that Finley has the wrong people in his corner providing guidance and wisdom. He might consider finding a different agent that knows to not run his mouth on social media.

Knowing Finley he would fire this guy and hire Drew Rosenhaus lol

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing Finley he would fire this guy and hire Drew Rosenhaus lol
Unfortunately you may be right. I don't propose to know how Finley thinks, but more often than not there are people in this world that tend tend to compound their problems by making bad decisions on top of bad decisions.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, tell me you're a stat guy right? Yea, Rodgers, the best QB in the league should step up his game. Did you watch the first two games?

Actually, no, I haven't been able to watch any game this season due to work. But from every thing I've read and heard, Rodgers is NOT playing up to par since prior to the KC game, hell probably go back to the 1st Giants game last year to see it.

I'm not saying he hasn't been good, but he hasn't been playing as good as he can play. There is a lot of criticism directed at WR's and TE's for drops, particularly Jones and Finely. But VERY little directed at Rodgers for his play.

I like Rodgers, have backed him since he was drafted, I would tell people to give him time and he would be a very good QB for the Packers. But he has be given a free pass since the end of 2010, and rightfully for the most part. That doesn't mean he can't be criticized for his role in the bad play the last two games.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts