Does an unusually high number of ACL Tears sugggest defective training and medical oversight

Does an unusally high number of acl tears suggest defective training protocols or medical oversight?

• Total voters

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Questioning the relevance of a posed question is now trolling... If something that simple is going to get your ******* all in a bunch maybe you should be the one utilizing the "ignore" options.
I like my ******* bunched up and shoved in some lady's mouth, but that's neither here nor there. Why would you bring that up? :confused:

In all seriousness though there is nothing in the title or the OP itself that specifically implies or states that the OP thinks the Packers have an unusually high number of ACL injuries. He does acknowledge a generally high number of injured players we've had over the last few season. That's a statistical fact actually. The OP merely solicits information on ACL injuries relating to sports, preventative care employed by teams in an attempt to divine a possible correlation. "why" you've asked previously; to which I say: "well because it's something interesting to talk about".

No one is forcing you to view this thread, or preventing you from ignoring it. Yet you're choosing to waste your time and berate people over their choice in prefered conversation topics. Nevermind that you've thoroughly mischaracterized this entire post; your basis of contention is faulty. Yet you insist on berating people over what you think is a worthless conversation as if we'll all just pack up and leave the thread. For that, you are being a troll.

My personal reaction to your posts is irrelevant but if you must know it is actually indifference and mirth at your small mindedness.

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am very interested to see how the season goes with this radical change to the practice schedule that was facilitated by non other than Lovat. From what it sounds like his research has led him to believe and convince MM that having the traditional Friday walk through practice on Saturday will decrease lethargy during warmups and early in the game on Sunday.

I wouldn't say game day lethargy or starting slow has lost this team games over the last few seasons....injuries to starters has lost them games if anything (and its not like they have even lost that many). This is a pretty bold suggestion from a guy who has had quite a few injuries under his watch. It will also be interesting to see how this resonates with the players since it apparently cuts their Friday evening short as they have early full speed practice the next morning.

I have not heard of any other team doing this so I find it hard to believe that he found some research that no one else has found or believes....or at least believes in enough to make this change. The last S&C coach that I remember going outside the box on this large of a scale was the guy the New York Yankees had in 2006 I believe. He had the guys all use foam rolls for the majority of their warm up/stretch. An astronomical number of players blew their hammys that spring training and they fired him. Mind blowing how the great Yankees could allow that to happen. Kind of a weird tangent....

This will be interesting to keep tabs on throughout the season.

Members online

No members online now.