Does A-Rod play QB this year?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way GB is going, they will be in a position to not have to have the best players out there come some of the later games. No need for Driver to be risked, or Favre,etc.

So if things continue to go well for GB, does A-rod play in the later games. Obviously he wouldn't start cuz of the record, but 3 quarters or something.

Think they go that route?

Could you imagine if Favre got hurt when the playoffs were wrapped up? "MM wanted Favre dead! This was TT's master plan!"

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not see Aaron playing any signifcant minutes this year outside of an injury.
Brett has always said that playing in the game is the fun time. The rest of the week is the boaring part.
Aaron may come in late 3rd or 4th Qtr but that is about it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way GB is going, they will be in a position to not have to have the best players out there come some of the later games. No need for Driver to be risked, or Favre,etc.

So if things continue to go well for GB, does A-rod play in the later games. Obviously he wouldn't start cuz of the record, but 3 quarters or something.

Think they go that route?

Could you imagine if Favre got hurt when the playoffs were wrapped up? "MM wanted Favre dead! This was TT's master plan!"

Sure. Let him play a quarter when we have a comfortable lead. The problem is, we never have a comfortable lead.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if it will happen, but if we keep up this pace, I would like to. Since this preseason, I really have wanted to see what Rodgers could do in a game.

Our last three games are Rams, Bears and Lions. The Lions right now actually have the most INT of any team right now. Put Rodgers in against them and see what he can do.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
soon we'll have a comfortable lead in the standings though....
(possibly)

I'm sure Favre would rather be healthy and bored, knowing he can do his thing in the playoffs than to be excited, play and risk injury for no reason and not play in the playoffs in what could possible be his last season.

that was the best run-on sentence ever.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure. Let him play a quarter when we have a comfortable lead. The problem is, we never have a comfortable lead.

True dat. Out of eight so far, seven Packers games have made NFL Networks "Replay" during the following week.

The one that didn't make it? The Monday night contest in Denver, which is befuddling how that didn't get in.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom I ain't saying that they SHOULD NOT sit Brett. I am saying that his buring desire to play is a part of what has made him a HOFer and he will not want to sit.
I think Mgmt will let him do what he wants for the most part which is to play unless they are up by a lot in a game.
I would like to see AR get some time under center. I like it when a baseball manager put his bench in to a few games a week to help keep them sharp.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now there is no reason to think this could happen. The Packers are not winning big, they are winning close games.

Even if it is a blowout, Rodgers won't play anything near 2-3 quarters. Part of the 4th quarter at the absolute most.

The only exception I think is if the final game of the season is meaningless. But that is very unlikely. That would mean the division champ would be already determined and our playoff seed already determined.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would like to think we could get up big sometime and let him play.

The problem I see is that our own conference has been a big surprise with not any of the patsy's we've seen in the past and out of conference has been pretty brutal along with rather unkind scheduling.

We play a couple of easier games later on. Maybe he can get in there then but a lead you can rest on needs to be three scores or better and that's not easy....

....unless of course you have the Giants schedule.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have everything clinched by the last game then Favre might only play a few series and Rodgers probably goes for the rest of the game. Outside of that he won't see any action this year. We also seem to always be involved in close games so that's another reason why.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
What you don't have enough "now" topics to talk about? ;)

Anywho.. I see us battling for home field advantage or at the very least a bye week, so the only way I see him getting in some game action is that was have a comfortable lead within a game. Otherwise.. play'em like there is no tomorrow.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont see what close games have to do with 7-1 and probably being in a position to not need to risk having key players hurt.

Pack93z

Reaction score
i dont see what close games have to do with 7-1 and probably being in a position to not need to risk having key players hurt.

Didn't know that 7-1 halfway through the season established a first round bye, a playoff spot or home field advantage.

If we want to make it deep into the playoffs or even to the big game, having home field will be important.. wait.. with our road record.. maybe not. :-?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Close games have a lot to do with why Favre stays in the game. Your not going to bench Favre in the middle of a tight game. Now if GB blows someone out, Favre and the rest of the starters could be taken out early to prevent injury. GB hasn't been involved in a blowout win or loss yet this season.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Didn't know that 7-1 halfway through the season established a first round bye, a playoff spot or home field advantage.
With the way GB is going

keep trying

I'm not saying bench Favre when there are still things to be won (seeding, home field).

WITH THE WAY GB IS GOING (you know, ONE loss halfway through the season) and the fact that the NFC suuuuuucks, things could be wrapped up earlier than normal.

This was my mistake. I should have known a thread somewhat suggesting sitting Favre (even though it's for his own good\health) would be met with skepticism.

Pack93z

Reaction score
tromadz said:
With the way GB is going

keep trying

I'm not saying bench Favre when there are still things to be won (seeding, home field).

WITH THE WAY GB IS GOING (you know, ONE loss halfway through the season) and the fact that the NFC suuuuuucks, things could be wrapped up earlier than normal.

This was my mistake. I should have known a thread somewhat suggesting sitting Favre (even though it's for his own good\health) would be met with skepticism.

With the way it is going logic.. doesn't that put Dallas in the same boat?

How about the 2 loss Giants and Lions.. Or they don't count?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

If we want to make it deep into the playoffs or even to the big game, having home field will be important.. wait.. with our road record.. maybe not. :-?

This is the best argument right here. We're only half-way through the season -- tied with Dallas and Detroit is only 1 game back (#3 in the NFC actually).

We have a long ways to go before even securing our own division, much less securing home-field advantage. That last game against Detroit could be very important to us. Let's talk when there's actually something to discuss here.

GO PACK GO!!!

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless the Packers find a way to put the game away, which they don't do until the final 30 seconds of the game--I don't see him taking any snaps that aren't kneel-downs this year.

Hell, we don't even have the luxury to kneel the ball down.

darkslayer2249

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or to get the naysayers away for good that he is washed up by posting his best stats of his career. That will show them.

Pack93z

Reaction score

I think you miss the point here.. I don't care if it is Kampman, Driver, Favre or whomever.. I don't see us sitting atop the NFC at the end of week 16 without anything to play for.. Weak NFC or not.. we have 3 teams within a game of us at the halfway point..

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

I think you miss the point here.. I don't care if it is Kampman, Driver, Favre or whomever.. I don't see us sitting atop the NFC at the end of week 16 without anything to play for.. Weak NFC or not.. we have 3 teams within a game of us at the halfway point..

Actually what's funny about the situation is that the 4 top teams in the NFC come from 2 divisions. If one were to predict the playoffs now, it's safe to say that those 2 divisions will get the wildcard spots. The last game of the year against Detroit could actually determine whether or not we have a bye in the playoffs.

I doubt that anyone with an 8-8 record will be making the playoffs in the NFC this year. If things continue the way they are, as suggested above, then a 10-6 record may not be good enough.

Which obviously points to why this is not an issue half-way through the season. We need to figure out how to contain AP and win on Sunday.

GO PACK GO!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, we would have to have a BIG lead. (Ain't happened yet)
Or if we had homefield wrapped up, and there was really nothing to play for.(Which the way the Cowboys and Lions are playing, might take till the last game of the regular season).
Thats the only way i see Aaron getting any field time.

Members online

Latest posts