Do you want to the Packers to acquire Bradshaw?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
1454 yds and 11 td's it was. Yeah, I know he went 31st and that would have meant perry's spot and it is unlike TT to draft a runner that erly on, but I can dream of having a productive runner damn it. Besides that (joking here guys) I think Martin was more productive and durable than perry, right? lol

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hindsight hahaha. Would Martin have gained 1,400 for the Packers? I doubt it - partly because of the line but mostly because of offensive philosophy. For sure, we still have D needs that are higher priority than RB, but I think 4th or maybe 3rd, we could see Thompson pick one. If so, I hope it is Montee Ball, and I certainly hope it is a better pick than those previous three mentioned (although the jury is still out on Green). Don't automatically be negative about whatever "scrub" we might get in the 6th or 7th round either. Production or lack of it in college doesn't always translate to the pros, especially among RBs.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, not necessary. If cheap, sure, go for it. But I am not upset that we didn't pay Jackson. Nor will I be upset if we don't take a RB in the first 2 rounds. Nor will I be if we don't take Bradshaw.

Honestly, the RB position is one of the easiest to fill. As long as you have a group of guys up front that can get the job done, most backs can produce. In the rare instances that you get an Adrian Peterson, the line isn't as important but for 99% of the backs out there, they just need a line in front of them. I would like our guys just fine, if they could stay healthy. And I think behind a line like Denver or San Fran's, they would be putting up good numbers.

Bringing in a RB, with the line we had last year wouldn't do anything... Honestly, a stud offensive lineman would probably do just as much for our running game as a new RB would.

There's a reason that Lacy is prob going to go in the first round, there's a reason he produced like he did. And yes, he is gifted, but that line he was running behind was RIDICULOUS.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1454 yds and 11 td's it was. Yeah, I know he went 31st and that would have meant perry's spot and it is unlike TT to draft a runner that erly on, but I can dream of having a productive runner damn it. Besides that (joking here guys) I think Martin was more productive and durable than perry, right? lol
I'm not a big fan of Perry. We'll see how he does in 2013. I hope he proves me wrong. :unsure:

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Here are some realistic backs we could get in rounds 3 and later.
Joesph Randle
Andre Ellington
Stepfan Taylor
Marcus Lattimore
Mike Gillislee
Kerwynn Williams
Dennis Johnson
Knile Davis
Christine Michael
Rex Burkhead
Kenjon Barner
Miguel Maysonet
Jawan Jamison
Ray Graham
Cierre Wood

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big fat NO on Bradshaw. He's not very athletic or big.. I like the way he runs but he will continually get hurt because he's not built to run that way.. If we didn't pay Jackson we SURE AS HELL better not pay bradshaw.. He might be younger but I bet they both only have about two years left and I'd argue Jackson would be more productive in those two years

Cheddar17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say save the money and draft a power back in the 3rd or 4th round. Montee Ball fits our scheme and Stephan Taylor looks good as well. If TT did sign Bradshaw it would be at a very low price after the draft is over.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly would love to see a back in Green Bay who once he hits a seam he's gone. I'm talking Chris Johnson/Adrian Peterson type explosiveness. We havn't seen that in a loooong time. A back with great vision and game breaking speed in this zone blocking scheme.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I honestly would love to see a back in Green Bay who once he hits a seam he's gone. I'm talking Chris Johnson/Adrian Peterson type explosiveness. We havn't seen that in a loooong time. A back with great vision and game breaking speed in this zone blocking scheme.
You mean like Harris? I'd like to see us complete our stable with a back that can actually handle 3rd and 1. THAT'S something we haven't seen in a year or so.

J Mills

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure Bradshaw is what we are looking for. He's a fumbler and I would still categorize him as a complimentry back who is looking for starter money. I would prefer to see the Pack resign Benson for a year and go with Benson and Harris, or wait and see what Carolina does with their 3 backs. Maybe take a flier on Lattimore mid to late in the draft, redshirt him and re-evalute next season.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
He worked out for the Steelers but is still available. Just keeps getting cheaper at this point.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He worked out for the Steelers but is still available. Just keeps getting cheaper at this point.
The only reason he made it out of there without a contract was a failed physical. If he can't pass theirs, no way no how he passes ours. The dream is over.

Members online

Latest posts