Do you want an 18 game season?

Do you want an 18 game season?

• Total voters

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I searched this website and was surprised I didn't see this poll somewhere. Roger Goodell says the fans want an 18 game season but is that really true? Let's see.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never to date, heard any player interviewed in favor of 18 games.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Negative. As much as I'd love some extra football time, all I am hearing from the players is it's going to be too ******* them and they are the ones who really matter.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I would lean toward Yes, but strictly for selfish reasons. How is this being considered in the lockout negotiations? More games would clearly bring in more revenue. Players are looking for more players & additional bye week(s). Sounds like opening a whole new can of worms. IMO. So ultimately, "no".

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Nope, when I have kids I would want to take them to a preseason game and not a full game and pay for the cheaper ticket. Figure their attention span would be about long as the starters on the field. Plus it lets to be deemed players actually play and try out against other teams, and allow everyone to over analyze everything.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
The last two preseason games are a joke. You may have your starters play 1-2 series, then sit. You may have them not play at all. Might as well make them worth something.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Under an 18 game season, we will look more like the NBA.

Sorry but it's all about money. Goodell sees it is a way to cash in for more money with 2 more games. The NBA makes an *** load of money off their stupid playoff series instead of having things at 1 game. After an 18 game season, that is what I would expect, a series for playoff games lol

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I said yes but I couldn't add an asterisk. Add two games. Another bye week, maybe as part of the European games the league has spoken of, and maybe a 6 game disabled list like baseball has where injured aren't counted against the roster for those games. Has to be something with less duration than injured reserve but not necessarily count against the roster. Thus no real need to enlarge.

Matty Flynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be sweet to have an extra 2 games a team but the players don't want it it wont happen. They could just send them all on vacation again then vote on it.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
As I understand it, the leading proposal is that there would be two fewer pre-season games. If that is the case then it seems like a distinction without a difference as far as how many games the players play (although the starters would certainly play more minutes sooner in the season), although it would have potentially major consequences in the standings since basically two of the four pre-season games would not "count."
Ultimately, as much as I love football, I am satisfied with a 16 game season.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't fix what is not broken. Though, a cool idea would be to have 18 game season, but players can only play 16 games in a season. Would have to up the roster number, but it would really make getting good back ups a priority.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts