Do you want a Brett Favre statue in Green Bay?

M

Mr Pickle

Did anyone see the Dion Sanders/ Favre interview? Favre has turned his back on Green Bay and it's fans with much arrogance... Statue? HELL NO!

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Wow, I can just feel the love in here ! Do you guys still hate Japan & Germany ? So he did some goofy stuff, left a bad taste in our mouths', drink some beer and move on. No statue, yet I do remember the 70's & 80's. I will not forget what it felt like to be winners again and not just the NFL's Siberia for unwanted players. Tell me that none of you have ever screwed up(*****). We never forget. He has his awards and trophy's, plenty of money, and a spot in the hall of fame. Perhaps someday he will earn some forgiveness as well. I may someday, how about you ?

M

Mr Pickle

Dude, I too remember those crappy seasons. I grew up in NY and had to listen to Giants fans.... only to see highlites of usually (other teams beating the Pack)... I believe in forgive and forget, but Favre needs to do that as well, wouldn't you agree? Why continue to hold such arrogance towards Green Bay and it's fans? We loved that guy! He brought life back to a team that, had forgotten what winning was about... But his attitude now (did you see his response to Dion's interview question regarding a Brett Favre Day in Green Bay?) "Why".... "For What"... This exhibits an arrogance that probably will never end??? I moved to Tampa in 1990 and saw The Pack (with favre) kindle that whole NFC North rivalry with the Bucs... Loved every minute of being a Favre fan and all the times he pulled it off against them and against others as well!... Times have changed. Maybe one day Favre will realize his actions of his Packer after life... Then we will forgive and forget.... GO PACK!!!

M

Mr Pickle

Not right now, it's not the right time. There is too much tension still, maybe in 20 years or so when things die down but I'm not sure he deserves the honor. Having a statue put in Lambeau field is one of the highest honors, I'm not so sure even 20 years down the road that it would fit.

I agree green and gold kitten....

M

Mr Pickle

Honestly folks? Any mention of any statue should be squashed for any Packer player. What about players like Kramer, Ray, Taylor or even Starr?? Were they not equal in respect to guys like Reggie, Rodgers,or even Favre??? Do you see statues of any of them? The statues that line the entrance of Lambeau should be remembered for their true Packer legacy. Vince and Curley deserve that honor. Without them... the likes of Rodgers, Reggie, *Favre* and all other Packer greats would not be who they are. There's a reason they are in the circle of fame and Vince and Curley stand tall where they are.

M

Mr Pickle

Maybe they should have statues of fans. Maybe a drawing each year, 5 bucks a pop!

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Commission a painting for the Packer HOF of the first Lambeau Leap !!! :cool:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Wow, I can just feel the love in here ! Do you guys still hate Japan & Germany ? So he did some goofy stuff, left a bad taste in our mouths', drink some beer and move on. No statue, yet I do remember the 70's & 80's. I will not forget what it felt like to be winners again and not just the NFL's Siberia for unwanted players. Tell me that none of you have ever screwed up(*****). We never forget. He has his awards and trophy's, plenty of money, and a spot in the hall of fame. Perhaps someday he will earn some forgiveness as well. I may someday, how about you ?
Yep, still hate Japan. And here's the thing Smokey, you have no right to question that. Your experiences are different than mine. That's a family thing and it's larger than football.
You also have no right to question my position on BrInt. It's my position that he lost all his shine when he decided he was better than the organization. I get everything else he did and will do. It's just that you can never be larger than the Green Bay Packers and it's fanbase. It's total bs and it will take BrInt to think it over and recognize that he is only as large as the fanbase holds his esteem. Until he gets his head out of the cave I will maintain my position.
I appreciate all he did but like a person who helps you out in a time of need, there's no need to keep rubbing their noses in it. He banks on that. I'm not even certain that one of his backups couldn't have done as well under the Packers tutelage. In fact, I'm not entirely certain Mark Brunell wouldn't have had an outstanding, HOF career with the Packers.
We all screw up as you suggest Smokey, but the better of us recognizes that it was US who screwed up and call it that way. As you said, someday he might earn some forgiveness as well. Maybe, as soon as he apologizes to the fans of this great team.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know about a statue. But as someone has already said, he is deserving of his number being retired. He's a real Packer icon, even if he did create an amazing amount of bad blood after he left GB.

Hall of Famer, holds numerous Packer and NFL records, help revitalize the entire franchise. Retire the number, and if he can somehow to mend some fences (and not make things worse as he has done), who knows?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I figured out a solution... 2 birds 1 stone...

Penn state sends us the Joe Pa statue and we put it with Lombardi and Lambeau. We send them a Brett statue.

Everyone is happy. ;)

L

Lunchboxer

HEY HEY HEY NO SPAMMING LINKS ON THIS BOARD.'

RONNIE THE GREAT WILL CAST A CURSE ON YOU!!!!!

AHGGG ALPOIHJ AOIHGBN AJINGPJ

NOW YOU CANT SPAM ANYMORE :D:p

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Somebody earlier suggested a statue of the "Lambeau Leap". Fantastic idea. It was totally unique to us, even though a few have tried to copy it miserably. It is truly iconic of the Green Bay Packers !!! IMHO

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Somebody earlier suggested a statue of the "Lambeau Leap". Fantastic idea. It was totally unique to us, even though a few have tried to copy it miserably. It is truly iconic of the Green Bay Packers !!! IMHO

That was me in post #59, this thread !!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The museum already has something dedicated to the Lambeau leap if I am not mistaken

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Do I want a statue of a giant cell phone displaying a pair of wranglers with what seems to be a remington shell sticking out of the fly? I'll make like a QB and pass

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Not a fan of building a statue of Brett Favre, number retired is enough. There are too many issues brought up, like if Rodgers does better, would we have a Rodgers statue shadowing Favre's? Or if we build a Favre statue do we make it have some kind of irony like having him pass to a statue of Woodson who will be known for all his great interceptions. Number is enough, let the issue cool down, wait till the Packers are doing bad again and use it as a publicity stunt, and right now let the current members of the team bask in their glory.

Members online

Latest posts