1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Think We Need Another WR?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerLegend, May 13, 2006.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just Wondering Do You Think We Need Another WR? And IT Says....

Tom Kowalski, of mLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions could part with either WR Charles Rogers or WR Mike Williams before the regular season.

Mike Williams 6-4 Age-22

2005- 29 Rec, 350 Yards, 1 Td

Charles Rogers 6-3 Age-25

2003- 22 Rec, 243 Yards, 3 Td
    2004- 0 Rec, 0 Yards, 0 Td
    2005- 14 Rec, 197 Yards, 1 Td

If They get rid of anyone i would hope it would be Mike Williams i Would want the pack to sign him if the price was right he has great height and is young he also had better rookie year then Javon who had 23 Rec, 319 Yards, 1 TD

2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No way Detroit trades one of those WR's to a divsion rival.

3. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not trade. They Would cut them, besides i wouldnt want to really trade for them.

4. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldnt mind getting Mike Williams. Lets get Favre all the help we can get. But even if they would trade them who would the Packers give up?

5. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The lion's can't afford the cap hit to get rid of either of them after the Harrington trade.Kowalski tends to write exactly what his sources tell him. Alot of times his sources have an alterior motive for giving him info knowing it will get out. I think it is BS from the lion's trying to motivate the 3 divas (williams, williams, and rogers) into putting out more effort.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Charlie no question would not take him if he was given to us.
    Mike, I think he could be a good WR with the right QB, ya know one that isn't a girl.

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    YES...to your question. I don't think the lions will cut Mike Williams though. It would have to be a trade. How about Fergy for Williams?

8. carlos

carlos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does the pack need a WR?...NO... Would I like either of the two if available...Yes.

9. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it would be nice to add williams but i don't really see the lions trading him to the pack

10. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't want Rogers under any circumstances.

11. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Mike Williams could be cut, the reports said he came into trainingcamp overweight and unfit.

12. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    bingo and there's no way the Lions even considering cutting Mike Williams after one year. Rogers maybe but very unlikely. He'd have to do something very stupid between now and August not to be at Lions Training camp (unless they trade him which I did hear about last year)

13. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I always thought Rogers was pretty good but cannot stay healthy and has off the field problems. I think we are set at WR but would welcome Rogers.

14. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :) First; no on either of the WR's in Lion territory. Neither have really lit up the NFL and the Lion's certainly wouldn't want GB to get a player that knows their offense right now.
    We could use another WR of height with hands and good spped. Someone that can go downfield. It may well turn out GB can pick up a decent WR during camp but, if not, think we have enough capable receivers available .

15. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    It's not exactly like these guys have been involved with an efficient offensive system or good qb to get them the ball.

They both came as highly regarded receivers that are part of a poorly managed organization.

I could see either one of them helping our receiving corps but doubt either will make their way over to Lambeau.

16. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :) I'm hoping this WR Leo Bookman 6-2, 212, age 24 can be the answer. He apparently has blazing speed and perhaps the GB coaching staff cann groom him for that all important downfield threat we've sorely needed the past few yrs. This guy certainly has far better speed then either of the Lion receivers. Be nice to find out what kind of baggage this Bookman is coming in with.

17. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  18. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, unless we can get the OL in shape, there's no need to worry about another WR who can go deep. Favre will not have the time to toss it. For that matter, our RB's will be getting a bit beat up as well. If the OL was ready to go I'd love to have M.Williams. Whoever we get better love to go across the middle for the 5 yard slants.

19. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

BINGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!