Do You Think We Need Another WR?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just Wondering Do You Think We Need Another WR? And IT Says....

Tom Kowalski, of mLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions could part with either WR Charles Rogers or WR Mike Williams before the regular season.

Mike Williams 6-4 Age-22

2005- 29 Rec, 350 Yards, 1 Td

Charles Rogers 6-3 Age-25

2003- 22 Rec, 243 Yards, 3 Td
2004- 0 Rec, 0 Yards, 0 Td
2005- 14 Rec, 197 Yards, 1 Td

If They get rid of anyone i would hope it would be Mike Williams i Would want the pack to sign him if the price was right he has great height and is young he also had better rookie year then Javon who had 23 Rec, 319 Yards, 1 TD

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Just Wondering Do You Think We Need Another WR? And IT Says....

Tom Kowalski, of mLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions could part with either WR Charles Rogers or WR Mike Williams before the regular season.

Mike Williams 6-4 Age-22

2005- 29 Rec, 350 Yards, 1 Td

Charles Rogers 6-3 Age-25

2003- 22 Rec, 243 Yards, 3 Td
2004- 0 Rec, 0 Yards, 0 Td
2005- 14 Rec, 197 Yards, 1 Td

If They get rid of anyone i would hope it would be Mike Williams i Would want the pack to sign him if the price was right he has great height and is young he also had better rookie year then Javon who had 23 Rec, 319 Yards, 1 TD

I wouldnt mind getting Mike Williams. Lets get Favre all the help we can get. But even if they would trade them who would the Packers give up?

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lion's can't afford the cap hit to get rid of either of them after the Harrington trade.Kowalski tends to write exactly what his sources tell him. Alot of times his sources have an alterior motive for giving him info knowing it will get out. I think it is BS from the lion's trying to motivate the 3 divas (williams, williams, and rogers) into putting out more effort.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Charlie no question would not take him if he was given to us.
Mike, I think he could be a good WR with the right QB, ya know one that isn't a girl.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YES...to your question. I don't think the lions will cut Mike Williams though. It would have to be a trade. How about Fergy for Williams?

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does the pack need a WR?...NO... Would I like either of the two if available...Yes.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
The lion's can't afford the cap hit to get rid of either of them after the Harrington trade.Kowalski tends to write exactly what his sources tell him. Alot of times his sources have an alterior motive for giving him info knowing it will get out. I think it is BS from the lion's trying to motivate the 3 divas (williams, williams, and rogers) into putting out more effort.

bingo and there's no way the Lions even considering cutting Mike Williams after one year. Rogers maybe but very unlikely. He'd have to do something very stupid between now and August not to be at Lions Training camp (unless they trade him which I did hear about last year)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought Rogers was pretty good but cannot stay healthy and has off the field problems. I think we are set at WR but would welcome Rogers.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:) First; no on either of the WR's in Lion territory. Neither have really lit up the NFL and the Lion's certainly wouldn't want GB to get a player that knows their offense right now.
We could use another WR of height with hands and good spped. Someone that can go downfield. It may well turn out GB can pick up a decent WR during camp but, if not, think we have enough capable receivers available .

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not exactly like these guys have been involved with an efficient offensive system or good qb to get them the ball.

They both came as highly regarded receivers that are part of a poorly managed organization.

I could see either one of them helping our receiving corps but doubt either will make their way over to Lambeau.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:) I'm hoping this WR Leo Bookman 6-2, 212, age 24 can be the answer. He apparently has blazing speed and perhaps the GB coaching staff cann groom him for that all important downfield threat we've sorely needed the past few yrs. This guy certainly has far better speed then either of the Lion receivers. Be nice to find out what kind of baggage this Bookman is coming in with.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, unless we can get the OL in shape, there's no need to worry about another WR who can go deep. Favre will not have the time to toss it. For that matter, our RB's will be getting a bit beat up as well. If the OL was ready to go I'd love to have M.Williams. Whoever we get better love to go across the middle for the 5 yard slants.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
First of all, unless we can get the OL in shape, there's no need to worry about another WR who can go deep. Favre will not have the time to toss it. For that matter, our RB's will be getting a bit beat up as well. If the OL was ready to go I'd love to have M.Williams. Whoever we get better love to go across the middle for the 5 yard slants.

BINGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts