Do you think Sherman is feeling the heat??

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the interviews and even the coachs show, it seams to me that Sherman is deflecting the blame for poorly coached and prepared teams. What do you guys think his state of mind is? How long can a guy blame his players and assistant coachs before they give up on him? Lets hear what you guys think.

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on outcome. I don't think he's blaming others, he's just deflecting it.

If we get deep into playoffs all will be forgotten. If we don't it could get nasty.

King Kamali

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Sherman

Mike Sherman is definately feeling the heat.

The Packers had a nice 6 game win streak against weak teams and got exposed against the Eagles.

Packer organization should definately bring in new GM after season to replace Sherman's buddies with experienced coordinators and assistant coaches and to bring in proper player personnel.

"Ron Wolf stuck the Packers with Ray Rhodes. He corrected that mistake by sticking the Packers with Mike Sherman."

v00d00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion, I would think that a man with his resposibility would have to be pretty thick skinned. Because it's the Green Bay Packers, and because it makes Wisconsin news, Sherman has to be used to having cameras and mics stuck in his grill all the time, and I'm sure he hears plenty of opinions about his performance....but I do believe that he is beginning to feel the heat, and righfully so.

Right now, the impact of his decision making is being felt by the team, by the fans, and I don't think there are many teams in the NFL right now that would be too worried about playing the Packers.

For me, I'm sick of Sherman having total control. The time we've spent waiting on this guy to revamp the team has been anything but successful, and at the rate it's going, the few good players he did draft will be walking out of Green Bay leaving more and more holes for Sherman to try to patch up.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I hope he's efeling some heat. I don't know how a GM and Coach can be one person. The roles somewhat conflict. Coachs vie for certain players and the GM does the necessary moves because he sees the production drop. How can you do that with such close personal ties to them? I think sherman is too soft to make the tough calls.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman does not have what it takes to be GM and that has to change for sure. He has no clue when it comes to handling free agency, his drafting is just short of pathetic and his choices regarding coaches and coordinators is pretty iffy. We need a strong GM and Sherman aint the man.

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was so bummed out the day Wolf announced Sherman's appointment to GM. I thought it was a mistake then, and I still think it's a mistake. The qualities and attitudes I want in a coach I do not want in a GM, and vice-versa. Therefore, one person can not be right for both positions.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow way back in 2004 people were calling for a change...And no one stepped up and tried to defend him in this thread...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This makes "two" posting threads of yore - being brought back for posterity. NICE!

I didn't really appreciate the startup of 2003 - anyone remember the Arizona game... in 106 degree heat?
My VP of the Club and some of the crew went out to that game...

I saw the cracks in the mirror then - Having a "great" Offensive front five slowed the deterioration down a bit - but eventually everyone could see the writing on the wall. And, understandably - had Sherman(GM) been smarter with the dough - we could have, at least, re-signed Mike Wahle - the real anchor of that Offensive Line --- and this last year may not have had so many injuries to the core group.

Good to see so many not climbing on any 'bandwagon'...even back then!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Wow way back in 2004 people were calling for a change...And no one stepped up and tried to defend him in this thread...

Yup and lets hope you don't get smashed for bringing up an old thread lol

Members online

Latest posts