Do you think Bush and Bibgy should still have a job?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok I have giving them a chance and both have done ok at times but im sick of watching them, they suck.

Bush has pretty much stunk it up over and over, he cant cover and gets alot of penaltys. He cant even block on punts because in the Lions game, Charles Woodson would have ran it all the way back but he couldnt even get a block on the last man that would have been easy, instead he runs by him and they looks like an idoit which he does when he covers someone. He is starting to remind me alot of Ahmad Carroll but without as many penalties but he still gets alot. I would like to see Tramon Williams play some more and have Bush gone. Tramon has shown his speed when he chased down the kick returner in the Lions game and covered well in the Dallas game when he played, he did get a pass interference but I thought that was a very question and very bad call. He also has more value then Bush because he can return Kick offs and Punts.

Bigby cant cover, he gets alot of penaltys, and he really is out of poistion and does nothing besides make an occasional big hit, which doesnt even come close to making up for all the mistakes. Im not gonna lie I was kinda impressed when he first played and thought we might have something but he has really sucked and I would like nothing more then to see him gone. I would like to see Rouse and Collins on the field at the same time as our safties not sure how it would work out but somehow. Collins is also kinda dissapointing as he isnt done much and seems to be late on some plays but still think he has played 2nd best behind Rouse.

Again I would like nothing more to see both these guys gone, hopefully soon or atleast ride the bench until the offseason because there are limited options out there right now to fill there spots.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
put rouse in for bigby and get a new NB after the season. bush isnt good and the two teams that are in the way of a GB SB win this year is dallas and NE, both have dangerous slot wr's(if they play dallas in the playoffs, glenn should be back and crayton will be the slot, YIKES!) and NE has welker... double YIKES!!

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cut them both at the end of the season. and collins too if he doesnt start making plays. GB needs a Bian Dawkins type saftey back there, :drool:

just watch, were gonna find great safteys by the time wood and al are geezers, then we gonna have cb issues. :wall:

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was tremendoulsy dissapointed with bigby last night, getting burnt is one thing but those penalties shot us in the foot late in the ball game

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was tremendoulsy dissapointed with bigby last night, getting burnt is one thing but those penalties shot us in the foot late in the ball game

Not to mention they were completely boneheaded

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think saying they should be cut is a little over exaggeration. They're NFL players. More so depth players though. I definitely believe Rouse should start and I'm not sure about then nickel back position. I would probably go with Williams but Blackmon could challenge for it too.

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't cut them just yet, but I would play Rouse over Bigby and Williams/Blackmon over Bush in the nickel. See what happens at the end of the season.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Williams and Frank Walker are probably going to be our dime and nickel backs for the remainder of the season, or at least until either starts playing terrible.

Bigby has had ample time to adjust to being our starting SS, but I don't really feel he's the long term answer. Just seems to get penalized and be out of position to much. Probably would be a respectable reserve and special teamer, but not a full-time starter.

I'd say let Collins and Rouse duke it out for the starting FS gig next year, and either draft or sign someone to be our SS next season. We'll probably have to run with what we've got for the remainder of the year.

NormaL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My vote is definately for Rouse, but Bush might just need a bit more experience. I've seen some flashes from Bush that lead me to believe he may work out at some point. So in conclusion, Bigby possibly limited, Bush until he gets the hang of things better and Rouse should be a starter (until he proves otherwise).

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush needs more experience and we need to STOP WITH THE ****ING ZONE.

Bush should a lot of flair late last season and in the pre-season. I'm not giving up on him yet.

Bigby needs to stop playing. All he does is Ahmad Carroll stuff.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think saying they should be cut is a little over exaggeration. They're NFL players. More so depth players though. I definitely believe Rouse should start and I'm not sure about then nickel back position. I would probably go with Williams but Blackmon could challenge for it too.

Agree. I wouldn't cut anyone until we get some depth built up. We all know what injuries can do.

Bigby is a huge upgrade over Manuel. But in the off-season, we better be getting some more DBs. We really need them. They're our weak link on D (besides Harris and Woodson, but that goes without saying).

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
both those guys played well in the preseason bigby is fast he just needs to contain from making big penaties bush will be good given time but he has four games left i like rouse think he will be better than bigby :)

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go with Collins and Rouse up the middle for sure. Collins is usually good in coverage and Rouse is a play maker. The D was so out of whack with the injuries and making it VS the Cowboys makes it worse. They will have good success with Rouse and Woodson back in the secondary.

And Tramon Williams has great speed and is a potential play maker I'd definitely keep him around. He can learn the positions.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go with Collins and Rouse up the middle for sure. Collins is usually good in coverage and Rouse is a play maker. The D was so out of whack with the injuries and making it VS the Cowboys makes it worse. They will have good success with Rouse and Woodson back in the secondary.

And Tramon Williams has great speed and is a potential play maker I'd definitely keep him around. He can learn the positions.

i honestly dont think collins is good in coverage at all. gets beat by backup te's. always arrives late with his safety help. more bout this is in another thread.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw we cut them and sign 2 pro bowl DBs in the prime of their careers!

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rouse needs to stay healthy. Tramon needs more reps. His speed is awesome.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Replaced, maybe - but would anyone else on the roster currently be better?
Cut, no.
I think GB needs to look long and hard at either adjusting its defensive scheme or spending several draft choices(high) and CB and Safety. I was totally amazed how taking Woodson out of the lineup really affected their ability to execute. When one or both are out or limited, GB is left with changing its scheme to some extent, causing confusion or attempting to play the same scheme with poor results.

I think Rouse has shown good football awareness and has great size for a S - he needs to be starting. Collins does not seem to hurt us, although he does not appear to be around the ball like he should. This position could use an upgrade. Bigby is a big hitter and has some speed, but has no ball awareness making him a liability in coverage. He is also not very mature, causing him to make dumb mistakes.

Woodson and Harris are getting close to the end, and we do not have another corner on the roster with their man, bump and run skills. A corner should be a priority next offseason.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Replaced, maybe - but would anyone else on the roster currently be better?
Cut, no.
I think GB needs to look long and hard at either adjusting its defensive scheme or spending several draft choices(high) and CB and Safety. I was totally amazed how taking Woodson out of the lineup really affected their ability to execute. When one or both are out or limited, GB is left with changing its scheme to some extent, causing confusion or attempting to play the same scheme with poor results.

I think Rouse has shown good football awareness and has great size for a S - he needs to be starting. Collins does not seem to hurt us, although he does not appear to be around the ball like he should. This position could use an upgrade. Bigby is a big hitter and has some speed, but has no ball awareness making him a liability in coverage. He is also not very mature, causing him to make dumb mistakes.

Woodson and Harris are getting close to the end, and we do not have another corner on the roster with their man, bump and run skills. A corner should be a priority next offseason.

We need depth. In the offseason, we should really be picking up both a CB and an S. With Woodson out, we just fell apart. And Harris looked pretty bad against TO. But it was partially because Romo had time to pick his nose back there before getting the ball off. You can't cover someone forever.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee. Another thread throwing players under the bus after a bad game.

Imagine that.

Bush had a bad game. No doubt. He also played very well in other rolls over the last three or four weeks.

I don't even know what to say about Bigby because I, and no one here either, is totally clear about his responsibilities in every formation. I think that the Safey can look real bad going over to try and make a play from a position on the field he supposed to be. That can look bad but was he in the wrong place? Maybe not. Maybe he was where he was supposed to be and came over to make a play.

As far as being an idiot with the penalties well, that's obvious.

I will say that it appeared we got outside of the coverages we have seen in the past that have worked. On that third and eighteen Harris pushed off on the receiver on the line of scrimmage and let him go.

I HATE WHEN THEY DO THAT. It so often seems the guy behind those corners is confused about the coverage and doesn't pick the guy up.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More importantly, do you think the referees that refereed this game should have the job?

Members online

Latest posts