1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Do you owe Mike Neal an apology?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Dec 23, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I remember alot of hate and people calling for him to be cut, are you one of these people? If so this is where you can apologize ;)

Honestly tho, he has been an asset while he has been healthy and I hope that continues.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I owe nothing!!! He still hasn't earned my trust. 1 more year...

3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Really. :roflmao:

The guy is playing better. Why should we owe an apology to him?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. mor4les

mor4les Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    The guy have 8 tackles and 5.5 sacks in 3 years with the Packers....
    If he can stay healthy he can help our defensive line but he is not worth an apology right now

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    2.5 of those sacks came in the last 2 games. He is playing very well, but hey you're not doing it right unless you got haters.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    He's showing why Teddy wanted him badly, even though all of us, Kiper, McShay, said WHO THE HELL when we took him, that high.
    No he's no JJ Watt there on the D-Line, but he's been giving us the pass rush that we wanted from Worthy and Mike Daniels.
    Funny, all 3 of those bruthaz are from the Big Ten.
    So is JJ Watt ironically. How bout that?

8. dantastic

dantastic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    Can't someone have an opinion anymore without being called a Hater or a Nut-swinger?

Neal's injuries, suspension, and inconsistent play justifies questioning from fans (I'm sure from the front office as well).

Personally, I'm glad that he is playing well. Apology? Absolutely not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,858
    Why are you such a hater of us 'nut swingers'?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Down playing his past two games because you are holding his struggles earlier in his career is pretty much textbook hating. Gotta call it like I see it, sorry I'm not sorry.

Not predicting future performance, but the kid has played well lately.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. dantastic

dantastic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +43
    Again, I'm glad that he is playing well right now. I hope he keeps it rolling.

Am I going to apologize for questioning his work ethic when I see him take plays off? No.

Am I going to apologize for being pissed at him for making stupid choices about what
    he is putting into his body (and getting caught)? No.

You're using the term "hater" for anyone who has an opinion that differs from yours.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,190
    He’s certainly playing better than CJ Wilson was starting at RDE in the base and he’s been getting some push as one of the two down linemen in the nickel. Having Wilson back will add to depth but IMO it’s an instance (like in 2010) where a replacement for an injured player ends up playing better than the starter. I don’t know if “hater” is appropriate and of course Neal has to sustain his good play going forward but there are some fans that form an opinion of a certain player and don’t change it even when there’s evidence contrary to their opinion.

13. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Hater or not, Neal was headed down Justin Harrell Blvd, and for the moment, it seems he's made the turn off it, hopefully to Charles Woodson Lane.

Remember Woodson was brittle & injury-prone when Oakland spit him out. Then he had 5 amazing healthy seasons for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    Don't owe him anything... He had two dreadful seasons followed by a four game suspension... He's been more bad than good over his career

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    I like how people on this Forum are finally taking a stand against people calling them "haters"! Just because a person doesn't blow all 53 players on the roster 100% of the time, it doesn't make him/her a "hater".

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Cough**** Mason*** greenblood

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Clearly some people are a little peeved that a player they publicly wrote off is having some success. Always hard for someone to say hey I was wrong about so and so, they turned out to be an asset, or of course the other way around. We can can call that one a "Favre"

You see the same thing from the same posters, look at it with bush. Did he develop into a dominate corner? No, but he rebounded from a terrible early career to a key player on the packers with an important role.

I'll even give props to Aj hawk today for a great game today. See, that wasnt so hard.

18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Hmm twisting things much?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +133
    Ahhh who cares hater shmater. He is a good addition to the d line rotation right now. WHEn Wilson comes back along with Worthy they will have some real depth there.

For Neal, next season will be big. With a full-ish year under his belt and a good off-season he should really step it up. Hoping he progresses into the player Ted thinks he is capable of being.

20. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,858
    All just more evidence that TT knows far more than any of us. But that won't stop, for even a second, those who will rip TT for any pick that doesn't go to multiple pro bowls. And wondering why he didn't take player XXXXXX when that was the player 'I' was endorsing. Course poster promoted 25 players and one of them happened to succeed.

21. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    He's finally playing like a high round pick.....so how exactly is that a reason to praise him?

He's doing what we had expected him to do, but wasn't doing for one reason or another.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. favre95

favre95 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +34
    Using the word "hate" like this simply is not using it in the right context. Since when is being critical of someone "hate"? Using the word "hate" like this is not only very distasteful but it is an incorrect use of word.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I'm going to assume you aren't keeping up with the kids these days, so I will avoid using words like "dope, fresh, hyphy, rachet, swag, ect." But hey, feel free to stop an ask a young person what "hatin" means.

I would suggest reading the thread in its entirety. Repeating myself is becoming an annoyance. But here we go again. It's hatin when you refuses to acknowledge his recent success bc you wrote him off publicly awhile ago. When you refuse to give him "props" (google it) just bc you have an already established opinion of him. Sometimes AJ hawk will have a good play and I will still say he sucks but will follow up by admitting I am hatin. I hope this has been educational for you.

Favre supporter?

24. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,858
    Because being a high round pick does not guarantee success. Looking back at the 56th pick in the draft over the last 18 years, you have:

Mike Adams
    Vereen, Shane
    Michael Neal
    Fili Moala
    Brian Brohm
    Tim Crowder
    Chris Chester
    Darrent Williams
    Madieu Williams
    Osi Umenyiora
    Ladell Betts
    Tony Dixon
    Michael Boireau
    Larry Smith
    Dorian Boose
    Mike Minter
    Derrick Mayes
    Todd Sauerbrun

You probably don't recognize most of those names. I see: Umenyiora and Saurebrun as having good careers. Darrent, Betts, Minter, Mayes and Smith all had their moments. If your expectations are for every player to succeed, that just isn't realistic.

Some people are angry that roses have thorns, others are happy that thorn bushes have roses.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    He looked good in 2010 (not Geno Atkins good thou)
    He ....was on the team in 2011 ? (unlike Geno Atkins who was making plays)
    He's been .... pretty productive in 2012 so far. (unlike Geno Atkins who's having a probowl caliber season)

I'm probably gonna keep comparing him to a guy we could of had .... That's unfair I guess.
    But I'm liking what I'm seeing from Neal this year. He's providing Pass Rush and Complimenting Matthews - If Neal continues to improve and what not - I'll probably warm up to him a lot more.