1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Do you miss the trolls?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Yeah.
    There were some trouble makers here from a Stealers forum.
    On their own SF, one of them was like "Guys, go talk trash on the Packers forum." And they took up the invitation.

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Talking trash is a way of life in PA.

3. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Thats exactly why I'm not a Browns fan. Well said.

4. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    With all due respect Jules18 acknowledges she's a Colts fan. In spite of their poor year she comes here to talk football. She doesn't have a split screen homage to the Packers and Colts like some goof with a split screen with the Packers/49ers. She's an AFC fan and I think it's delightful she comes here to talk football.
    She wishes well for a franchise she respects and it's shallow to not accept her contributions here as she's contributed for some time. I apologize in advance if you are not a female Jules, I thought I saw a post somewhere that denoted that. Your football knowledge is solid and regardless of having and "innie" or an "outie" your posts have been insightful and informative to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Ohhh I do think that poster was joking. And I took no offense. I appreciate your kind words though. I also enjoy your posts very much.

I do like the Packers second A LOT. They have sorta become my second team in a way. I always liked them under Favre but I ADORE the Rodgers era...and feel drawn to follow them. I still won't ditch the Colts though and I grew up with these guys, but they better make some changes. I see no reason why both the Colts and Packers can't get my support right now. And they are not going to be in direct competition for a championship (at least not for a while IMO lol). The last decade was more the Colts time to get a SB win or two. This decade will be tough sledding I feel for a while. I think this is the Packers time and I plan on enjoying watching and rooting for them. I hope Aaron gets as much as he can in his prime. And really the Colts situation is okay with me deep down. No way should a team go 0-16 but at the same time I did not feel this was a contender the last few years. Poor drafting, poor coaching, aging stars and just teams getting better in the league and leaving them behind will catch up to you.

Yep I am female. I think my gushing at times over Aaron made it obvious enough?;) Well I guess not everyone has seen in me in the chat in games once in a while. (lmao)

Aaron freaking Rodgers!!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I do like green and gold eye makeup. I guess thats the least I can do at times. Deck out my eyes in Packers colors for their big games? Might bring them luck.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Yeah mods on one forum were encouraging their posters to cause issues

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
  9. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    He couldn't have been all bad, he did get one (1) like. ;)

10. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    Just this morning I was thinking about this topic. I was going to come here and post a sarcastic "Fire TT-Fire MM" thread largely to see who would take it seriously(other than the administrators). I was an original poster on many of the former Fire Ted Thompson sites and saw the light. It's amazing how quickly the "Packers fans" will arrive and leave depending on the outcome of games. The Packers have won so much over the past 20 years it's hard to drum up much negativity these days, and that's a good thing. But the trolls will return. I suspect if the Packers get upset in the playoffs, you'll see much name-calling and finger-pointing arrive again, as if winning most of the games in the past two seasons wasn't enough. Quite frankly, if McCarthy keeps winning, he's going to top Vince Lombardi here, as unbelievable as that seems. The Packers played fewer games then, both in the regular season and playoffs, so it was relatively easier back then, from a numbers standpoint, to win it all. But there were also fewer teams and the talent was condensed so you had teams with 5-7 superstars on them. It's just good, not much else to say.

11. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Yeah, I was joking :). Can a man not be sarcastic around here? :D love ya Jules.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Jules is a female? huh... never knew....

Is Jules between the ages of 18 and 30? ;)

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    since you were a HUGE anti Ted guy I would have seen your post and knew you were being sarcastic

14. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Be careful what you wish for. I have a funny feeling we are going to see trolls start to come out of the woodwork. NEPatriots is already back in action.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Close. 31.

On that note maybe we should all go troll a Titans forum to let off steam?

Kitten, that NE troll can....well he knows what he can do. What a freak.

16. SyX

SyX Stranger in a strange land

Ratings:
    +90
    I'd be far more enthusiastic about that if I weren't so depressed that Caldwell probably just got a 28 year contract extension. I probably shouldn't have posted in the Suck For Luck thread that it would be a good idea for the Titans to throw the game, apparently Munchak reads the forums here.

You're welcome, Mike, jerk...

17. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754

I am still not convinced they keep Caldwell. If they do then things went from bad to worse.
    Part of me thinks the best way to clean house is if they do go with Luck in the near future. If Manning comes back and things go back to the same I am afraid they keep Caldwell maybe to keep the continuity.

18. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I'm glad we have Jules here.

She adds a good light to conversation, and I'd trade all the goofy trolls that we don't miss for her.You need someone that thinks outside the box too to talk to. When you're surrounded by fans of all the same team, you could easily miss a different angle of opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  19. eric

eric Hater gonna hate

Ratings:
    +22
    I'm the best troll yall have, feel proud to have me. I was just unbanned from my home cowboys forum, you all were like my home away from home.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,335
    In all fairness to Steelers fans. I was out and about this morning and ran into more than one Steelers fan who saw my coat and took time to talk to me about the loss yesterday. Not a one of them was rude. Most of them said they were hoping the Packers would shut the '72 Dolphins up. A lot of them said they were just shocked at the outcome of the game and told me they wished the Packers good luck through the rest of the season. So, not all Steelers fans are Maroons.

21. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I've had Cowboys fans here, and Chief fans here, say the same thing.... but the Cowboy fans are now climbing back onto their bandwagon.

22. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,335
    Hey! They're starting to come out from under the bridge again in the form of Lions and Giants trolls.

• Like Like x 1
  23. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466
    Why do that? The Chicago Bears message board is so much more satisfying!

24. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Pics or it didn't happen!

25. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    If you really want trolls, go read a PFT forum. Here's a classic:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/01/mccarthy-upset-packers-are-underdogs/