1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Do you honestly think the Packers will win the Super Bowl under Rodgers and McCarthy?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by red4tribe, Dec 29, 2010.

1. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +875
    I just scanned the play-by-plays that I have from the Brett-led Packers over his career. You can find 5 examples of him winning on the last play or drive??? Ok, upon your return, please do. I'd like to see them.

I can find only a few. Last play or drive. No seconds left on the clock after...

2. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Love the troll cage idea!

I for one feel a SB a'comin! :clapping:

3. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Yes, Rodgers is good, McCarthy is good, Capers is good. Running game is improving (except getting tired of Kuhn at 1st 2nd 3rd & goal). Most of the pessimism is because everyone seems to expect perfection always and that is just not how life goes. There is going to be bad calls, fumbles, picks, bad execution, penaltys, bad challenges, no challenges, and if everyone needs your football dished up perfect and can't accept anything less, then go watch soccer. No one seems to be happy with a loss unless it's by 21 points. Sheesh! Rodgers and McCarthy will get to a SB.

4. Matty Ice 2010

Matty Ice 2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As a falcon fan, I am hoping the packers beat the eagles and they can come back to the dome for a rematch. I think it will be the same result but it will be close like in the regular season.

5. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    They are discussing this very topic right now on ESPN Milwaukee.. Both hosts don't believe MM is a SB caliber coach.

ESPN Radio

6. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +45
    I think Rodgers is a Super Bowl and even Hall of Fame caliber player, but I've seen little over the past five years to make me believe that McCarthy is a Super Bowl coach. It's a shame, because this team has so much talent that there really is no excuse for not winning at least one championship at some point in the next several years. I desperately hope McCarthy can prove me wrong, because TT isn't getting rid of him any time soon.

7. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    They put Rodgers in number one spot for QB and GB Defense in number two spot under Defenses.

8. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    In case you MM haters missed it. Look at LeRoy Butler's Xs and Os to see how the Packers bomb to Jennings was set up by the play action.
    For all of you who continually call MM's play calling bad, please see exhibit 1. Most teams tend to run from the two back formation, the Packers do too. But they've had alot of success throwing from that formation, the opposing D has to respect it, even if we're not good at the run, because if you don't respect it, we will get yardage from the run. That's why you see stuff over and over sometimes, it's displaying a tendency.
    Most teams will expect a dive from Kuhn at 3rd and goal right? But just that once, we do play action and it's a toss to Lee who's seldom thrown to. Brilliant? yes, I think so.
    There is a heck of alot of chess match going on that the average fan doesn't see. I certainly don't understand it all but I do see some of it. Every good team has tendencies because they work, you can't always game plan against it either because if you cover the lead play, there is something on the other side you can't cover.
    I really don't understand everyone questioning MM's play calling. When it works it's a good call? No coach in the history of the game gets it 100%.
    Watch Sunday, see if the Iggles don't respect our run what happens. The Packers are slick that way, I expect some yardage on the ground and if not, it's only because it's too easy to pass on them.

9. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    I agree, I think his play-calling is better than people give him credit for. And to those who say that Roders is a Super Bowl Quarterback but McCarthy is not a Super Bowl coach, do you not remember 2007? McCarthy was an ill advised pass by a certain quarterback from taking the Packers to the Super Bowl without Rodgers.

10. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    I may have my head in the sand, but watching McCarthy coach the Pack through this year's injury's made me a believer. Rodgers will get to a SB and I truly believe MM will be right there beside him. Call me crazy, but until he does something as stupid as the Childress/Favre combo in the NFC Championship game, he's still my man. I still watch that 12 men in the huddle call and the subsequent interception every time I need to cheer up my day.

11. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    I don't agree with your statements above at all, except the last one.

Most Packer fans just can't stand watching some of the players making bone head mistakes. Also can't stand watching coach's making stupid mistakes or making bad decisions. We see it all the time. We have a problem winning close games too. As far as Slocum is concerned, when was the last time you watched the Packers special teams have two good games in a row??? The guy should have been fired last year. If I went to work and did a crappy job every day I would get kicked to the curb in a heartbeat and so would you. We all love the Packers here and we all have our own opinions and should respect them. I respect your opinion but I am not going to tell you to go watch the National disgruntled short haired womens checkers championships because be disagree!!!

Right now we have just as good of a chance of making it the SB as anyone else...........and it starts this weekend. Everyone is undefeated!!!!!!!

12. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    LOL! Would that be the NDSHWCC. Yeah, I know what you mean, but what really annoys me is when special teams or defense screws up after a game winning drive and the world blames Rodgers. At least most Packer fans don't do that and are capable of putting the blame where it belongs. But I would still rather have them lose by a few points than get blown away on their losses. Would it be better to be a Giant or Viking on those last games? Now THAT would suck.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979

LOL realpackerbacker

Hows it feel?

• Like Like x 2
  14. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    I was going to bring this thread back up.

I think we should change the title to, "Will the Packers win more than one Super Bowl under Rodgers and McCarthy?"

• Like Like x 3
  15. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    Answer: YES!

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979
  17. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +113
    HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH BABY!!!!!!!!!

cant say it enough

WORLD CHAMPION GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!!!

18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I was proven wrong.
    And I don't mind it at all.

I would still like to see the Packers be a lights out elite team.
    But I'll just have to be satisfied as long as they get the job done.
    And they did.
    Welcome home Lombardi. Welcome home.

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979
  20. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    this thread should be closed because we all know the answer is a resounding yes!

21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979
    This was more for realpackerbacker aka profile_removed lol

I know he is reading this

Recall how he said Rodgers has to win the SB this year for him to be a fan?

Well, to bad he is banned eh?

22. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    So funny. On the way home, this was the first thing I thought of. The full-retards who started this thread. I won't bother going back to the beginning and calling you out, because you know who you are. All I gotta say is, can we please STFU on all the criticism of Thompson, McCarthy and Rodgers now?

We won the f*cking Super Bowl. This year. We won. Please, admit your mistakes and don't be stupid and call out or leadership any more. They just proved they're smarter than you.

23. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    Yeah this is hilarious. People are eating their words tonight.

24. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979
    He emailed me

lol

See how he says Rodgers only got 3 points? But fails to mention how Jordy drops a pass in endzone?

Or and the harassment? LOL I sent him one email

Sp he wont get anymore from me

25. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    LOL, what a jerk off! Rodgers threw for 3 f*cking TD's! James Jones and Jordy Nelson dropped what would have been 4 and 5 TD passes by Rodgers. How is that his fault?

F*ck him and everyone who thinks like him. Go root for the Vikings. We don't need or want them.

• Like Like x 1