Do you honestly think the Packers will win the Super Bowl under Rodgers and McCarthy?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
This week's certainly an odd week to come here spewing anti-Aaron hate, considering he just won what was basically a Playoff game (win you control your destiny, lose and you're out) and threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns while doing it.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa Mr. Blood, cart in front of the horse, Aaron needs to pull out a few come from behind victories before he can win championships. Remember folks, the loss goes on the coaches AND the QB's record. Not really on anyone else's, it's kinda like baseball that way.

Come from behind wins? How many games did The Traitor put us behind?

I'll take ARod anyday over Bert. Personally, I like QB s who don't gunsling us into holes.

On another angle tho, how do you support a selfish, All Pro Liar who attacked the Packers on his ****** way out?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa Mr. Blood, cart in front of the horse, Aaron needs to pull out a few come from behind victories before he can win championships. Remember folks, the loss goes on the coaches AND the QB's record. Not really on anyone else's, it's kinda like baseball that way.

Losses go on the team's record.

Game-winning drives are a figment of your hero's imagination, and his followers:

This article was written in Aug. of 2009.....

Quarterbacks and fourth quarter comebacks, Part II » Pro-football-reference.com blog » Blog Archive

"Brett Favre is supposed to stay retired, so hopefully that will spare us any chance of the media claiming he is chasing the comeback record. He is credited with 42, but only has 27 comebacks, and is not exactly known for any real famous ones. Maybe the long game-winning TD pass to Sterling Sharpe against the Lions in the playoffs would be worth mentioning. Just not a situation Favre thrived in. The opportunities were certainly there for him to have more than anyone, but he did not come through with the record amount. A propensity for turnovers via forced throws is not what you look for in a QB in this situation. "

Your hero's heroics are exaggerated, to say the least.

We could have won several more Championships if you took away his astounding 30 interceptions in playoff games.

PackersFan28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure how this thread switched attention to Brett Favre. Let the man live. He is gone so there's no reason to keep discussing it. Only time will tell if Rodgers can/will win a championship and we all hope he can.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
This week's certainly an odd week to come here spewing anti-Aaron hate, considering he just won what was basically a Playoff game (win you control your destiny, lose and you're out) and threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns while doing it.

Excellent point. And it was against a top ranked defensive unit as well.

Chalk one up for Rodgers regarding "winning the big games when it is needed". Many more to come hopefully...

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never, EVER forget a Traitor.

You must be Irish. You should know that.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

unfortunately the haters are never going to recognize these kind of accomplishments until it is officially a playoff game.

Even though in his one and only playoff game he completely dominated and almost willed the team to the W.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With MM: Well, he hasn't taken the Pack to the SB yet.
With A-Rod: Yes.

I'll feel better about the Pack if/when they become a lights out elite team such as the winning teams this year like the Falcons, Patsies, Bears etc.
Under MM this year, it's hard to see that.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Right, because he called for Favre to throw that pick in OT in the NFCCG three years ago.

MM's clock management sucks ***, but he's an otherwise great head coach. You'd be hard pressed to find many better head coaches.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
With A-Rod: Yes.

I'll feel better about the Pack if/when they become a lights out elite team such as the winning teams this year like the Falcons, Patsies, Bears etc.
Under MM this year, it's hard to see that.
Dude, Rodgers hasn't taken us to the SB either right? So if they've not done it yet they never will?
Also, each of those teams you mentioned as "lights out" have all lost. And we played each and every one to the last plays of the game.
To everyone who brings up last year's Arizona game, that was our first year in Dom Caper's D. I think everyone in the NFL was surprised at how good we had become in one year under the system. Without the injuries this year, we'd be DOMINANT!
I think that's what defined last year, first year in Capers D, what defines this year is the injuries and still tough in Capers D. The offense is winning and lighting up teams without Grant and Finley.
Holy smokes, you don't think this team can win a Super Bowl?
If you doubt it, I don't know where to direct you, I don't think there's any team more feared in the NFC by opponents.

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am 50/50 on this. There are times I want to reach thru my TV and grab MM by his ear, and there are times i want to give him a high-5.

This year turned out to be a year loaded with injuries, but the positive out of it is we got a GOOD look at TT's draft picks and our overall talent. We are loaded with 2nd and 3rd stringers that can step up and play. So my opinion of TT's ability to spot talent has changed drastically.

I am still on the fence with MM. He did a damn good job this year holding the team together against all odds. However, I am still reserved when it comes to his play calling and his ability to win close games, let alone a Super Bowl.

I like MM enough and believe he deserves at least 1 more year to prove he can go all the way. If he fails next year, while remaining relatively healthy, then I believe it may be time to look at other options.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I think we will.
If Rodgers wins any, so will McCarthy.

Remember, Dungy only won one.
Parcells got lucky to win one, thanks to Bills kicker Scott Norwood missing the FG.
Holmgren only won one.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time will tell. Jury is still out on MM and this year was a miracle in light of the injuries, so not smart to judge on that. I did know we were NEVER going to win another with the Mississippi Queen at the reigns right after his second Super Bowl. Too concerned with himself and not the team. He has, at least, been consistent in that. Hopefully the trolls will join him in retirement and the HoF as a Viqueen. They are NOT Packer fans.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RPB

Can you provide us with any article from a legitimate expert on NFL players that Rodgers sucks as bad as you claim?

No, because the experts kiss the a**es of Ted and Aaron so they get their interviews with players. Remember when ESPN bagged Greenbay about 15 years ago and Wolf threatened to lock them out? They don't want that to happen again.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Game-winning drives are a figment of your hero's imagination, and his followers:

Quarterbacks and fourth quarter comebacks, Part II » Pro-football-reference.com blog » Blog Archive

"Brett Favre is supposed to stay retired, so hopefully that will spare us any chance of the media claiming he is chasing the comeback record. He is credited with 42, but only has 27 comebacks, and is not exactly known for any real famous ones. Maybe the long game-winning TD pass to Sterling Sharpe against the Lions in the playoffs would be worth mentioning. Just not a situation Favre thrived in. The opportunities were certainly there for him to have more than anyone, but he did not come through with the record amount. A propensity for turnovers via forced throws is not what you look for in a QB in this situation. "

We could have won several more Championships if you took away his astounding 30 interceptions in playoff games.

You're throwing that quote in here? PLEASE! Try Greg Jennings in OT @ Denver. Oakland drive with the busted thumb. That's 2 more well known than the Sterling Sharpe throw.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No, because the experts kiss the a**es of Ted and Aaron so they get their interviews with players. Remember when ESPN bagged Greenbay about 15 years ago and Wolf threatened to lock them out? They don't want that to happen again.

Then your full of hot air i guess..

You cant even find ONE article from even a 3rd rate paper not written by you?

In other words, your the only one that thinks he sucks

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the only one who doesn't have to worry about getting Packer players to talk to me for a job, so yeah I'm the only one saying it. Media is gutless.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Did you know that Longwell had 18 game winning kicks with Brett as q/b?

How many has Mason missed? I know of two at least

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm the only one who doesn't have to worry about getting Packer players to talk to me for a job, so yeah I'm the only one saying it. Media is gutless.

Even Bretts *** slobbers on his own forum say Rodgers is a good q/b

You call Rodgers inept

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fine, name 5 games where Aaron won the game on the final play or drive. If you can do that I'll say he's a great QB and shut up about how he sucks in this situation. I say 5 because I can name 4 of Brett's and everyone here claims he's sooooooooooooo much better than Brett.

Ready!

GO!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fine, name 5 games where Aaron won the game on the final play or drive. If you can do that I'll say he's a great QB and shut up about how he sucks in this situation. I say 5 because I can name 4 of Brett's and everyone here claims he's sooooooooooooo much better than Brett.

Ready!

GO!

So out of 297 games you can name 5...

Name 5 Brett had in his 1st 3 years

Rodgers had 2 chances off top my head, but kicker missed the fg

But Brett had how many chances compared to Rodgers?

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Kitrick Taylor, in his 2nd game as a Packer, the week before his first start.

And well there is...oh yeah wait, I don't have to answer your question because this is YEAR 6 for Aaron, NOT year 3! And by yours and everyone else's logic since Aaron is better or at least as good as Brett, Aaron will win the Superbowl this year, and if he's better than Brett he'll be Superbowl MVP!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts