Do you honestly think the Packers will win the Super Bowl under Rodgers and McCarthy?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what you think. Do you think the tandem of McCarthy and Rodgers will produce a Super Bowl victory? I personally think we have a decent shot at it. I don't know if this year is the year but down the road perhaps. What do you think? Do Rodgers and McCarthy have what it takes?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we would have had Finley, Barnett and Grant all year, or even just for the playoffs I think we would have won this year!

This year isn't over yet.

How about a little credit for how far we've come WITHOUT those guys, eh?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still undecided on how I feel on MM, it's like it changes week to week. However, with Rodgers, I don't think there's any question that he is a special type of player that MORE than has the ability to bring us multiple championships.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think we can for sure. I do have to agree with stylez though, I wont be entirely confidant until we can win some more close games whether it be playoffs or the regular season.

Also to stylez- I think we went one and done last year because the defense wasnt really that good against elite qb's and I think dom capers defense has set in a bit more. If our defense this year plays last years arizona game I think we win easily, even with the injuries.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm still undecided on how I feel on MM, it's like it changes week to week. However, with Rodgers, I don't think there's any question that he is a special type of player that MORE than has the ability to bring us multiple championships.

In other words MM is inconsistent. My thoughts exactly.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think we can for sure. I do have to agree with stylez though, I wont be entirely confidant until we can win some more close games whether it be playoffs or the regular season.

Also to stylez- I think we went one and done last year because the defense wasnt really that good against elite qb's and I think dom capers defense has set in a bit more. If our defense this year plays last years arizona game I think we win easily.

My point was more that anything at any time can go wrong. And this year proves it happens to us quite a bit. When we face huge adversity in a game, I've yet to really see us come out ahead. I haven't seen us make big errors in a game and overcome them yet.

Examples: 18 penalties vs Bears = loss; Matthews gets injured against Skins = loss; Rodgers gets injured against Lions = loss; Can't buy a running game vs Atlanta = loss.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must admit I feel the same about close games. Never mind can we win a close game in the playoffs, can we win a close game period? It is excruciating to watch the Packers come up short in so many close games. I do like McCarthy but I think he must deserve some of the blame for the closs game losses. I sometimes think he plays not to lose, rather than to win.

Then again he has made some good calls in big games. Like the onside kick in the Cardinals game, or the onside kick against the Patriots.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the last decade, just one SB team has blown everyone out in the playoffs. That team was the Buccaneers. Every other team had been in at least one tough 3-4 (or less) pt game. I don't have any confidence in those type of games at the moment. One win though will probably change that.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based off what I've seen so far... Gut feeling is no.

But the optimist in me wants to say yes.

Thing is, it's not Rodgers fault, or McCarthy's I don't think up to this point. There are some key personnel moves that need to happen I feel that will give us a much better shot. O-Line coach needs to go, Special teams coach needs to go (Although I'll cut the guy a slight break bc he's been killed this year with us losing so many guys who are also special teamers) and the strength and conditioning program needs to be looked at.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to think so, but honestly I want to see if they can even win a division title. This year it was wide open with the Vikings falling apart, and the opportunity was blown. I expect that MM will probably be gone before this team wins a Super Bowl.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
One fine *** Packer chick... lol... I have no idea... just found it on the net...

Isn't that the **** star that's a Packers fan? Ashlynn Brooke or something?

The fact that it'd be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway at this point makes that picture 60% less hot. I did the math.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Isn't that the **** star that's a Packers fan? Ashlynn Brooke or something?

The fact that it'd be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway at this point makes that picture 60% less hot. I did the math.

Ashlynn Brooke is a Packer fan, but that is not her.

Reaction score
I must admit I feel the same about close games. Never mind can we win a close game in the playoffs, can we win a close game period? It is excruciating to watch the Packers come up short in so many close games. I do like McCarthy but I think he must deserve some of the blame for the closs game losses. I sometimes think he plays not to lose, rather than to win.

Then again he has made some good calls in big games. Like the onside kick in the Cardinals game, or the onside kick against the Patriots.

I agree, although, I'm still on the fence with MM. Don't know what it is about playing sub-par teams {this year and past seasons} where we just don't seem to have enough focus, let them hang around and not put them away and our mistakes then costs us wins in those games. That's what's so frustrating to me! We seem to really gear up against much talented teams equal to ours and play our best games and again, the losses could have certainly been avoided. GOT to win those close games! Yes, there have been some bone head calls, but MM is still not the one on the field who is turning the ball over, getting flagged for stupid penalties, missing field goals, etc., yet, coaches have to accept the blame, too, for a loss. You win as a team and lose as team from the coaching all the way down the line. I would rather view the glass as half full rather than half empty as far as MM is concerned and give him the benefit of the doubt with the way things have gone this year for us, so I would have to say that I am "cautiously" optimistic about MM. We have an outstanding "young" team with a bright future and NO doubt, Rodgers can lead us to a SB and we're NOT done yet, this year. If we can play the remaining season the way we did last Sunday, we're going to be a very tough team to beat just as we have all year.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
We were one and done last year due to the D being in a conversion year to the 3-4. The offense remember scored way more than enough points to win if our defense had merely been decent.

This year the D is significantly improved.

Yes, I believe we can win a SB with a Rodgers/MM combo.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
hey mine are hot too and all natural :p
but honestly every year it feels like something just stands in our way. before it was brett and last year it was defense being inconsistent and this year its injuries

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rodgers and MM hung 45 points on them. Neither coach or play on defense. Can't really pin that loss on them.

That wasn't the point. My point was winning close games. Defense is 1/3 of winning. The question was if McCarthy and Rodgers can win a SB. Well, if nothing else was involved besides offense, sure they could.

Members online

Latest posts