1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you coach football (at any level)??

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by tromadz, Jun 5, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I know some people here do, and I would like to know who else does as well...from pee wee to NFL(that would be a hoot)

Who coaches?

When I get my criminal justice career going I plan on coaching a pee wee team or something like that. Help the community\kids..blah blah blah...that old chestnut.

2. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Been coaching a Jr team for several years - before that I coached Pee-wee football and flag football. I love it

I also helped organized the local youth foundation and am in the process of getting our own mini stadium put together. We have had the land donated and hopefully if all goes well with fund-raising we will be ground breaking soon.

It takes me back to my playing days. We play on the same field/stadium that I played in back in high school. When we started this foundation it was plain and boring. Now we have announcers a newsletter distributed throughout the community, the national anthem, a end of season banquet and lots of other fun things.

I also coached baseball and basketball before my current job overtook my life. I still assist and coach 10-11 year olds in both.

3. MNPackerfan

MNPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I coached football last year (4th grade), never was good or healthy enough in high school to play much (bad knees). My son had had a great baseball coach who was constantly positive. It was amazing that some parents thought he wasn't serious enough and did not ride the boys enough(that fun stuff was for 1-3rd grade). Anyway we ended up 2 - 6. I enjoyed the fact that the boys always played better in the second half and never gave up or got down.

4. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I coach at the NCAA D 3 level, just not football.

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    What do you coach?

I referee NCAA D1 :) - Soccer ;)

6. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Really? Wow, cool...for the cornhuskers?

Anywho, I coach track and field (distance events) and cross country in Virginia.

7. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I've been coaching one sport or another at the middle school and high school level, basketball, football, baseball and softball for about thirty years.

8. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I coached 7th and 8th football years ago and most recently helped a few times in late summer with the U. Montana grizzlies helping the holders for the kickers. Not paid....just a volunteer.

9. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Coached and umpired a ton of baseball from 8 year olds through high school. Assistant coach for CYO 7th and 8th grade football.
    Currently GM for the Packers!!!

10. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Coached Basketball and Hockey in college. Also refereed hockey in the Western Hockey League and the Manitoba Junior Hockey League in college. Too busy to do any of that now though.

11. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I coached Soccer for four years when living in WI, havent done it in CA though...

12. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have coached Pop Warner football, Little League Baseball and Youth Wrestling.
    These days I'm only on the local American Legion Baseball Board of Directors.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Haven't coached.......but did ref for a summer for a local high school many years ago.

14. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Coach Pee-Wee Football and T-Ball, working with the little ones is a riot and it is more for the fun than the W-L. True sports experience.

15. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I have had the Huskers before, Creighton, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa schools in the BIG10 BIG12. Hopeing to move up to a National status so I can do bigger games. We will see ;)

16. Noisey Packer Fan

Noisey Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been an asst coach for 2 yerars on my sons team and this year they are turning it over to me so I will be a coach come July :shock:

17. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Ryan....given out any Red Cards?

18. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    5-6 last night. Given a few in HS, some in club (USSF/FIFA) Not in college yet, though. I would imagine as I have more heated centers this coming season, I will be handing some out.

19. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I coach my kids little league baseball teams, 10-12 yr old major girls softball, and 7-8 boys competitive T-ball. No football as of yet.
    Funny story when I was reffing soccer. The opposing teams coach was screaming at me the whole game so I decided to stand right next to him to ref. He asked why I wasn't out on the field and I told him that apparently this was the best view. I never heard another word from him.

20. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Ha it only gets better as you go up the ranks too my friend. D1/D2 coaches know everything ;)