Do you all understand now?

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Here is the one deficiency in Bretts game the last three years, he tries to make the great play instead of the right play. That interception was just another boneheaded play. Now if he makes the play everyone salutes Brett, but all too often he doesn't make the right play. He throws another interception and you can all but kiss this game goodbye. If he throws the ball the back he lives for another play. And I know there are going to be a ton of people who will defend that and I'm telling you right now, you're not going to win when your HOF QB plays like that.

Man you people are such trolls. You wait and wait all season for Brett to make a bad decision. Here we go, week 4 and Brett makes his first bad decision that has an effect on a game. 3 minutes later you come with this post. Are you kidding me. Is there another quarterback in the league who is expected to be perfect every play?

The difference between Brett and other quarterbacks is this. Bretts team sucks so bad that when he does make a mistake like not taking that checkdown, his team is usually tied or losing and we cant come back from it because our defense especially #28 is worthless. Most other teams can overcome these miscues.

Ok, so you found out that Brett isn't perfect. Big suprise. His receivers drop passes. His running backs fumble balls near opposing goalines and cant catch easy passes which get tipped and turn into interceptions. Tight end #88 is worthless. Offensive line is so bad that we need to be in the shotgun just to get passes off. I see we unexpectedly have a good place kicker though. Thats a bright spot. But really. The first two eagle touchdowns were cuz of a halfback fumble at the 5 yard line and the halfback tipping a ball in the air. We were in this game. We made alot of mistakes but we didnt lose because of Brett.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you guys are the same people who think Donovan McNabb had a great game. The guy threw every pass short in the first half. The only way the Eagles could move the ball is by his scrambling early in the 3rd quarter until Ahmad Caroll decided to "take over". Not once did i see a Packer receiver open as much as the Eagle receivers were open like 10 times. They have no speed. Its just a bad team. Only Michael Vick could win more games with this team than Brett Favre.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wished we would win every game because when we dont people pick apart Favre and put the blame solely on him. Come on!!!!!!!!!! Even the announcers said that he still had what it took to play the game, that Favre makes plays NO other QB in the league does. When your team is down you want NO other QB then Brett in their, with him you still have a chance to win the game..they are totally right..its the lack of a good team behind him..

Some of you can trash Favre all you want, but "Me" I stand behind him, he is the "BEST"...yes he has interceptions, but when they are down on points, Brett wants to make things happen, he puts it on his back to win...give him a break people...

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Favre, Ryan, Rayner and a few others. It's like watching the Titanic go down with Captain Brett bravely trying to keep the ship from sinking. Only we all know what happened to the Titanic...even Captain Leonardo De Cappicino couldn't prevent it from hitting the bottom of the Atlantic.

1-15 :cry:

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
You are exactly right. Brett has put this game out of reach. Another "gunsling" for the books.

Game was over by the second pick my friend....unless you were in dreamland watching the game.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's alright.

Bears will choke in first round of the playoffs again this year!

And at Soldier's field, no less..

haha.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys watch the Monday night game?
Brett BADLY overthrew 2 receievers who were in their correct routes.

EVEN THE ANNOUNCERS were apologizing for Brett."oh..the receiver should've gotten there.."

Are you kidding me????

Aaron should've been put in after the first quarter

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Driver catches the first touchdown pass in the first half, it might had been a different game.
By the time the second INT happened, the game was well over. Some people just like bashing Favre, when the truth is, our pass defense is the thing killing us.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, I'll no longer be public enemy #1....

thanks Cal2GreenBay! lol.

I agree about his overthrows though. It happens, nobody is perfect, but people refuse to believe favre isnt perfect.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's no mystery that BF will get frustrated in a game like this.

I, for one, do not blame him.

Driver misses a couple of key passes. Mo let's one bounce off his chest for an INT and the defense falls asleep to start the third quarter. Boom. We're down by 20+ just like that.

It DOES seem that BF often makes bad decisions when he's given TOO MUCH TIME. Much has been said about the protection in the past but I see him making that deep pass too late after he's checked off several receivers.

It's like he just can't stand it and has to let the long one go down the middle. In the case last night the receiver was actually wide open 20 yards back downfield. By the time Brett got done checking off it was too late.

But you know, so what? If others had been stepping up and the game was kept close he doesn't make that pass.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a Favre basher or a Favre apologist.

Please don't categorize me w/other who want to flame him.

I am a Packer realist. I've been a Brett Favre fan, but I'm a Packer fan more than a Favre fan..it gets dicey when people are more Favre fans...and that's the kind of people you are referring to (which I am not)

The thing is, like you said, the game would've been different if Driver caught that pass.

When the game was out of reach, they should've put Aaron in earlier.
He should've played in the mid 3rd quarter. 2nd quarter was a stretch.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
I'm not a Favre basher or a Favre apologist.

Please don't categorize me w/other who want to flame him.

I am a Packer realist. I've been a Brett Favre fan, but I'm a Packer fan more than a Favre fan..it gets dicey when people are more Favre fans...and that's the kind of people you are referring to (which I am not)

The thing is, like you said, the game would've been different if Driver caught that pass.

When the game was out of reach, they should've put Aaron in earlier.
He should've played in the mid 3rd quarter. 2nd quarter was a stretch.

Packer realist? "Rodgers should have been put in in the 1st quarter?" Not a Brett Favre ******?

I don't think so...

I have news for you people. It takes a rookie QB about a FULL SEASON of playing in the NFL before they get their sea-legs so putting in Rodgers just to see him toss a few wouldn't accomplish anything.

It's either put him in for good, or let his *** "ride the pines"....

And guess what it's gonna be..?

I hope he has a good set of tweezers at home...

Swamper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read what Tromadz, Cal2greenbay and majikman have recently posted and I think the theme is to stop treating our starting QB like JC.

Brett's been good for Green Bay and I respect his contributions. They have been significant. Lately, not so good.

He's not alone on the team.

Carrol really performed poorly. Driver was dropping balls he shouldn't have.

I saw some pretty pathetic missed blocks and covereage by our D.

The last four plays of the game were sad. When a pro team can't move the ball 1 or 2 yards down field in 4 attempts you've got real "team" issues.

Coaching needs to improve. General Management has made some poor picks.

Folks, on a winning team all of these factors are better.

Everyone on the pack is to blame for the pathetic performance last night and no one should be safe. No matter what they did for us last week, last year or last decade.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It comes down to winning right now and playing for the future.

Yes Brett is better than Aaron right now. That's a given. It's the fact that Aaron hasn't had a chance to play yet to prove his worth with Favre there.

I'm just saying...he's going to be up and down all year ..(favre is) and do you want that and stunt Rodger's growth and further Favre's decline?

Or give Aaron the dev time during a DOWN YEAR(let's face it) and plan for the future???

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look I'm in the bay area...and we had a situation where Joe Montana was playing forever and Steve Young was waiting in the wings.

Joe actually played better than Steve and gave the 49ers the "best chance to win"..but the 49ers had to make a tough decision to let Joe go and give Steve the reigns. It was either 1-2 more years of "okay" years w/Montana declining, or 4-6 more years of playoffs and another superbowl w/Young.

Believe me, the Bay Area fans hated Steve Young coming in WAY MORE than Green Bay Fans hate the suggestion of Aaron Rodgers coming in over Brett Favre.

And you can't argue that Young was a HOF QB also because at the time....NO ONE KNEW THAT.

STeve waited until he was 30 to start for the 49ers and rode the pine for 4-5 years. I can't see Aaron waiting that long for Brett to move on.

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre simply should not have come back to this team. He claims he knew the team wasn't going to be any good and that he came back cuz he loved playing. Isn't that kind of selfish considering Aaron Rodgers is probably itching to get his career started. Not to mention, Brett looked absolutely furious during that Monday night game. Gonna be a rough season fellow fans....

LIFE GOES ON....AS DO THE CHANTS OF "GO PACK GO!"

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still sticking with #4. So he had a rough outing as did the whole team. By the time he threw that last pick I was pist anyway and ramming my fist threw the wall. Forget putting Rodgers in, the only joy this team brings me this year is still watching Brett play. May be good may be bad but no one else will ever keep me glued to the TV. Next week he'll be back and everyone will kiss his *** again. I for one never take my lips off his ***. LOL. Maybe I should edit that but WTF

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Favre threw 1 legit INT. Driver also dropped a TD pass. Driver also stalled a 3rd down coversion pass due to dropping it. Franks drops a for sure first down pass. Morency couldn't even receive a simple hand off, all the while Favre is getting pumbled in the back field. Funny how the throws became more risky after the D let the game get out of hand.
By the way Rodgers did go in. He had 4 chance to score from the F'ing 2 yard line and couldn't score. The 2. Couldn't score. Yeah...bring Arron in, he'll help brilliantly.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:
Cal2Greenbay will get his wish after our eighth loss (which will be here shortly).

Doubt it.

TT may use Rodgers as trade bait if he can get another QB in the first round next year. Did ya' ever think of that?

That would make Cal2Greenbay happy, wouldn't it?

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Yeah Favre threw 1 legit INT. Driver also dropped a TD pass. Driver also stalled a 3rd down coversion pass due to dropping it. Franks drops a for sure first down pass. Morency couldn't even receive a simple hand off, all the while Favre is getting pumbled in the back field. Funny how the throws became more risky after the D let the game get out of hand.
By the way Rodgers did go in. He had 4 chance to score from the F'ing 2 yard line and couldn't score. The 2. Couldn't score. Yeah...bring Arron in, he'll help brilliantly.

LOL! They ran FOUR straight running plays. How is that Rogers' fault? You Favre guys really crack me up.

The guy who posted this thread hit the nail on the head. If next year, Rogers comes in and stinks the place up, it will be another year just like this one. However, if you get him playing time now, and he stinks it up, the pack can spend another pick on a QB. Favre is basically delaying the team a year each year he comes back to throw frivilous INTs to the opposition. Did I say INTs? I meant "Gunslings".

Also, yeah, he had only TWO picks, but it SHOULD have been FOUR.

EDIT: Did I say "picks?" I meant "Gunslings".

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR can't audible when you see 11 stacked for the run? Why are you even here Bear Poo. He also should have had a TD. Of course a Bear fan wants Favre gone. You Bear ****, I mean fans, crack me up coming over to Pack site to rub salt.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who cares if he should have had 4 ints the point is that he didnt and thats all that matters.

Members online

Latest posts