Do we rest Favre & others next week?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the Cowboys have homefield wrapped up, do we pull Favre after a quarter of action against the Lions?

Others to sit:

Pickett
Woodson
Harris
Driver

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough call.....dont want to go into the playoffs with a two game loosing streak but dont want key players to get injured.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play them until they have a two-score lead and have their confidence back.

Yes. We have to have morale going into the Playoffs. We'll go one and out if we lose 2 in a row.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We must play starters until they get consistency again on both sides of the ball. Otherwise, there is absolutely no sense of a team with any kind of momentum at all. That is necessary in the playoffs.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say rest a lot of them.

A lot of you think the team has lost their way(consistency) but the bottom line is the Chicago game was in the most harsh and odd conditions they will ever play. This was the most weather effected game since the ice bowl.

But yeah....GB 'needs' to get their act together.

riiiiiiiiiiiight.

rest them.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a young team who needs momentum. Young players have a tendency to remember bad games, those need to be wiped from their hard drives and we need to pummel the Lions with everything we got.

1 1/2 - 2 weeks off is a recipe for disaster.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a young team who needs momentum. Young players have a tendency to remember bad games

I think you might be confusing 'young' with 'mentally weak' and this team is not mentally weak. They have rebounded from ALL of their losses this year. They know what losses are and how to react.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looked to me like the staters took this week off, why would you rest them next week? If Favre could play in the fourth quarter in a sure loss why rest him next week. This team needs to regroup before the playoffs or it will be an early exit.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
get up on the lions then pull the starters no need to risk injury. who really cares about HFA? I think playing in dallass would be better but then if dallass loses HFA goes to us and by then we we should be better acclimated to take this to the Big Game!

GO PACK GO! ! !

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got to agree with others, you've got to play to win within reason. I think you tell the starters "You'll play until you get a big enough lead to sit".

I just hate the thought of going into the playoffs after losing 3 of our last 5 games.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hate the thought of going into the playoffs after losing 3 of our last 5 games.

I hate the thought of going into the playoffs with injured starters who would have been injured for no good reason(homefield is decided).

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised one bit if this team represents the NFC.

We can still win the SB this year. We just had 3 really bad games. If we don't have any more bad games, we have a shot.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
axelred13 said:
This is a young team who needs momentum. Young players have a tendency to remember bad games

I think you might be confusing 'young' with 'mentally weak' and this team is not mentally weak. They have rebounded from ALL of their losses this year. They know what losses are and how to react.

Apparently this team needs a wake-up call every few weeks. I always thought ONCE was enough.

This team is young and they let the weather conditions effect thier effort, which is troubling. Bad passes, dropped balls, fumbled punts I can deal with. The O-line and Def. just taking plays off because they are cold ****** me off.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
isn't playing the lions the equal of taking a rest anyway?

That's the thing though. I thought this was an easy win and gave the guy I was betting 10 points, 2 over the spread. You don't want to underestimate anyone in the NFL.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
get up on the lions then pull the starters no need to risk injury. who really cares about HFA? I think playing in dallass would be better but then if dallass loses HFA goes to us and by then we we should be better acclimated to take this to the Big Game!

GO PACK GO! ! !
We've already lost HFA to Dallas. Todays loss did that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brett answered this questions..He compared it to the last game of pre-season..

His answer was basicly, he could see playing the starters for MOST of the game to get momentum going into the playoffs, but also knows the risk of getting hurt.

I wouldnt mind seeing the guys playing most of the game...And if it starts to be a blow out one way or other then pull them out..

I too am not sure WHY Brett was still in there when it was 35-7, or even 28 specially when they were running it alot.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver has to be rested early, along with Jennings. Let Jones, Robinson, and Martin handle the rest.

As for Favre, I don't like the way he handled himself today. He'll need his reps, and if we're up by 10 at the half, then bench him there.

The corners are old, but the corners are what make the defense. Gotta leave them there until we get a big lead.

Members online

Latest posts