Packers Do Packers really have a home-field advantage?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Packers are pretty good in the playoffs at home. And a big part of their postseason history has been about the Giants. On Sunday they will play New York for the seventh time in the playoffs.

But things have a way of changing.

Source: JSOnline.com

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe ANY team MAY have a Home Field Advantage. I think it depends on how pumped BOTH the fans and the team are for the game. AND ...it also depends on how the opposition handles the noise and tension.

In Brett's last game for the Packers against the Giants in the playoffs in January 2008, the Giants were fully pumped in a freezing Lambeau Field. Plaxico Buress was absolutely thrilled that Al Harris simply could NOT stop the much taller Buress from catching almost everything thrown to him. He was badgering both Al and the Packers' bench the whole game..."You Can't Stop Me!"

....and they couldn't.

Every time the Giants needed yards...Manning threw it to Plaxico...and Harris never was able to stop him...ever.

So is home field ALWAYS an advantage ? ...not necessarily.

But it sure CAN be.

Right before Halloween, the deservedly much-hated-by-Brewer-fans St. Louis Cardinals won the World Series...and THAT pumped the RAMS (winners of ZERO games at the time) to beat the SAINTS in St. Louis. That may have been the upset of the year, even worse than the GB-KC game, (at least KC had won a few games already). St. Louis ended up winning two games all year...but one of them was against the Saints. I watched that game on NFL Sunday Ticket. It was like the GB-KC game. The score made it look closer than it actually was. St. Louis (like KC) was in control throughout the game. Late scores by the Saints (and Pack) made those games look closer than they really were. With both those games, I pretty much knew and felt like the favorite was gonna blow it by half-time.

The Pack needs to have a good practice week...the coaches have to get on the players' butts... the Pack needs to deflate any swollen heads...and the fans have to have their vocal cords well rested going in....

That should just about do it.

Members online

Latest posts