Do Packer Forum members/fans want AR to leave?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I added one word (in red) to your sentence, but this will probably be front and center on his bio when he retires. While Tom Brady will be remembered for all the Super Bowls that he won, Rodgers will be remembered for all the Super Bowls that he never got to. Of course this can be spun many ways. Was it a short coming of or caused by Rodgers or was it a shortcoming of coaching/GM? I think a combination of all of the above.
Why is Rodgers excoriated for not winning in another SB but guys like Brees, Favre, Warner and Big Ben never are?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why is Rodgers excoriated for not winning in another SB but guys like Brees, Favre, Warner and Big Ben never are?
Just to be clear, I never said that I supported this belief, but there is no doubt in my mind that it will be something that will forever live with Rodgers and his NFL bio.

Why? A number of reasons. First, because of how many times he and the Packers have come close and failed. Within that, how they failed (blown out or chocked). Second, the number of times he has won the MVP, but still can't get to the big dance. Third, it has been something that has been talked about by the media and fans for a long time and has stuck. Fourth, seems like people always like to compare him and Brady, Brady has won 7 Super Bowls. Lastly, he has become a very polarizing person in the last 5 or so years, so of course his critics are going to keep bringing it up.

Personally, I think its a fair fact to bring up when discussing Rodgers, but never should be used as too big of a barometer for a players success. A lot goes into winning Super Bowls and to blame 1 player for not winning them, is a bit ridiculous IMO.

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I never said that I supported this belief, but there is no doubt in my mind that it will be something that will forever live with Rodgers and his NFL bio.

Why? A number of reasons. First, because of how many times he and the Packers have come close and failed. Within that, how they failed (blown out or chocked). Second, the number of times he has won the MVP, but still can't get to the big dance. Third, it has been something that has been talked about by the media and fans for a long time and has stuck. Fourth, seems like people always like to compare him and Brady, Brady has won 7 Super Bowls. Lastly, he has become a very polarizing person in the last 5 or so years, so of course his critics are going to keep bringing it up.

Personally, I think its a fair fact to bring up when discussing Rodgers, but never should be used as too big of a barometer for a players success. A lot goes into winning Super Bowls and to blame 1 player for not winning them, is a bit ridiculous IMO.
Yeah it takes 53+ guys to Win a SB.
THAT really is the tough lesson we’ve learned. Not to mention the coaching staff is an integral part of those players success, putting them in places to succeed. In addition Coached often improperly using players or not using players at all. Many coaches don’t understand how to utilize personnel properly. We’ve witnessed this by allowing the same mistakes repeatedly across an entire season.
It becomes increasingly difficult to be ultra successful when a large % of resources are delegated to 2 or 3 players and those players injure or underperform.

I’m next to positive that you could take our current roster and swap the coaching staff With another team and it would have a massive effect inside 1-2 seasons. Enough to take this crew deep into a playoff run. Granted they might replace a player here and there, but they could primarily keep the same players and be sitting at 7-4 area today.

MisManagement of our resources is a huge problem in GB.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The earliest the Packers will be serious contenders again will be 2025, and the football gods are going to have to align properly, to insure that the Packers are able to draft perfectly for need, and sign effectively for play makers, to insure a return to the top.

That said, I'm more inclined to believe that we'll see desperation instead of common sense ruling, when Rodgers is gone in 2023.

If he stays, and is still there through 2024, the return to the top won't happen until about 2027, and that's at best.
CAPTAIN WIMM
It's entirely possible to get out of issues with the cap and go from last to first in a division within a single season. Therefore I believe you're far too negativr.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I doubt very much that you can rebuild that fast. At this point, we'd have no franchise QB, no franchise RB, a couple of WRs who are nearing second contract, bloated contracts being dumped from the offensive line, with new players coming through the draft, and the need to not only fortify the offensive line, but totally rebuild the entire defensive backfield because we'd be looking at replacements due to 2nd year contracts, or players aging out.

There's a reason they say repeatedly that a rebuild takes 3 years, and you start seeing the results in the 4th year. It also points out why so many NFL HC contracts are 5 years long. Three years to get your ducks in a row, and two years to make the magic happen.

But, that's just my opinion. And I might premise that no franchise who is highly competitive gets there without a QB who can make the magic happen often enough to put points on the board.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially since we’ve probably gotten as far as we did in those situations because of Rodgers. Nearly every miss was either because we were short a player or two on offense, or because we were short one defense.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's entirely possible to get out of issues with the cap and go from last to first in a division within a single season. Therefore
I doubt very much that you can rebuild that fast. At this point, we'd have no franchise QB, no franchise RB, a couple of WRs who are nearing second contract, bloated contracts being dumped from the offensive line, with new players coming through the draft, and the need to not only fortify the offensive line, but totally rebuild the entire defensive backfield because we'd be looking at replacements due to 2nd year contracts, or players aging out.

There's a reason they say repeatedly that a rebuild takes 3 years, and you start seeing the results in the 4th year. It also points out why so many NFL HC contracts are 5 years long. Three years to get your ducks in a row, and two years to make the magic happen.

But, that's just my opinion. And I might premise that no franchise who is highly competitive gets there without a QB who can make the magic happen often enough to put points on the board.

Id say this its hardly rebuilding when you have Aaron Rodgers at Qb...he's going to end up having a respectable season for most other guys in the league

The Packers really are one good draft/off season away...

And if they beat Philly today theyre seemingly right back in the wild card tace in a bad NFC

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id say this its hardly rebuilding when you have Aaron Rodgers at Qb...he's going to end up having a respectable season for most other guys in the league

The Packers really are one good draft/off season away...

And if they beat Philly today theyre seemingly right back in the wild card tace in a bad NFC
I don't know what you're smoking, or drinking, but would you please let me know? I love your belief in them for the near future, but don't agree.

But, don't get me wrong. I really do like the idea of someone who believes in them that much. Most of us are eternal pessimists. I know I'm one of them. I always figure things are broken, and need to be fixed, and when they are, I'm elated it is happening, and happened.

Reaction score
I don't know what you're smoking, or drinking, but would you please let me know? I love your belief in them for the near future, but don't agree.

But, don't get me wrong. I really do like the idea of someone who believes in them that much. Most of us are eternal pessimists. I know I'm one of them. I always figure things are broken, and need to be fixed, and when they are, I'm elated it is happening, and happened.
He does have a point in that 9-8 could get you in because the only Division that has lots of Winners is NFC East. The NFC past that Division is suspect. We have a lot of NFC teams with poor records right now. Giants Seattle Washington Atlanta or 49ers is key. We need the Raiders to be a spoiler. Either that or the 49ers to fall this week.
Update: Giants, Seattle, Atlanta, Tampa, Saints, Rams, Bears, Falcons, Cards all lost this week.

Our only hope imo is a victory at Philly. We’d be 5-7 with a bye week approaching. Other teams in that group might slip some. 9-8 would give us a legit shot of playoffs right now.

In any case. GB has had a brutal
Schedule. If we make it to 9-8 we’d 100% be a very legit opponent if we sneak in. We’d be A GB team with a winning record against possibly the toughest schedule leaguewide (or one of the toughest)

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does have a point in that 9-8 could get you in because the only Division that has lots of Winners is NFC East. The NFC past that Division is suspect. We have a lot of NFC teams with poor records right now. Giants Seattle Washington Atlanta or 49ers is key. We need the Raiders to be a spoiler. Either that or the 49ers to fall this week.
Update: Giants, Seattle, Atlanta, Tampa, Saints, Rams, Bears, Falcons, Cards all lost this week.

Our only hope imo is a victory at Philly. We’d be 5-7 with a bye week approaching. Other teams in that group might slip some. 9-8 would give us a legit shot of playoffs right now.

Schedule. If we make it to 9-8 we’d 100% be a very legit opponent if we sneak in. We’d be A GB team with a winning record against possibly the toughest schedule leaguewide (or one of the toughest)
I think you've got a better chance of having Taylor Swift ask you if you'd like her to take you to the bar for a few, and spend the night on the beach together.

Just saying. :)

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

9-8 will make the playoffs in the NFC. Unfortunately GB will finish 8-9.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9-8 will make the playoffs in the NFC. Unfortunately GB will finish 8-9.
Which is a good thing. Why would we want to sneak into the playoffs with this battered bunch and get bounced out in the first round? I'd rather not and instead get a high pick for a change and infuse this roster with more talent.

D

Deleted member 6794

Since the NFL realignment it has only happened three times that no team which finished in last place in their division won it the next year. Therefore I think it's entirely possible to turn it around in a single season.

But, that actually wasn't my point in the first place. I truly believe that the current team is only some moves away from being a legit contender as long as they hold on to Rodgers and he ends up being healthy for the entire 2023 season.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the NFL realignment it has only happened three times that no team which finished in last place in their division won it the next year. Therefore I think it's entirely possible to turn it around in a single season.

But, that actually wasn't my point in the first place. I truly believe that the current team is only some moves away from being a legit contender as long as they hold on to Rodgers and he ends up being healthy for the entire 2023 season.
Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but what you think on this one is totally wrong. There's no way you can get to the crux of what has to be done until you have the cap space to do it, and the Packers will not have it in 2023 and 2024. I think you better factor that into your plans of rebuilding overnight.

Reaction score
I think you've got a better chance of having Taylor Swift ask you if you'd like her to take you to the bar for a few, and spend the night on the beach together.

Just saying. :)
Lol
It’s not good to drink before Surfing together. I’m assuming you meant night surfing right?

Looks like we’re going surfing!
my chances are getting better by the game. Cmon Taylor the night is young! Literally!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol
It’s not good to drink before Surfing together. I’m assuming you meant night surfing right?

Looks like we’re going surfing!
my chances are getting better by the game. Cmon Taylor the night is young! Literally!
Surfing? Is that what they call it now?

Asking for a friend.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is a good thing. Why would we want to sneak into the playoffs with this battered bunch and get bounced out in the first round? I'd rather not and instead get a high pick for a change and infuse this roster with more talent.
With this recent Rodgers injury I am now predicting 7-10. So that will be a better pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
According to ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter (via Rob Demovsky):

"Aaron Rodgers was worried he punctured his lung last night when he was having a hard time breathing, but X-rays did not show that." Adding, "Rodgers will undergo additional testing today on his ribs to see if there are any fractures."

Reaction score
Surfing? Is that what they call it now?

Asking for a friend.
That’s what she told her dad

“ Surf in’ USA Daddy”

Fun fact: You do know that Brian Wilson never went surfing in his entire life Hmmmm ;)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts