Do Packer Forum members/fans want AR to leave?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I mostly or have only seen is just talk if A-Rod leaves but not much if fans want him to stay or go.

On the one hand he has been letting us down for over a decade now in playoff games.
On the other, he is our best and only hope right now.

If A-Rod goes then it means breaking in a new QB which could mean missing the playoffs next year and perhaps a few more unless we get lucky a third time.

I would rather see him retire in green and yellow though if he goes I would understand and still be a fan of his as long as there are no bitter feelings and he does not play for a rival team.

Your thoughts and feelings.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade him and move on. He called his shot (last dance) and came up short. I don’t like the guy, never have. He turned out to be what I thought years ago. That said, best thing for the organization is to harvest whatever draft picks we can for him and move on. Under that course I expect GB to contend for a playoff spot next year.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah... you know, I'd feel a heckuva lot better saying what I'm about to say if Jordan Love had shown anything beyond "arm strength" - the ability overthrow receivers. Now, I'm not a fan of Aaron Rodgers - I enjoy #12's game. Big difference there.

Packers and Rodgers are playing nice so as not to give the impression of a pending fire sale in my opinion - but the cold hard reality is that the most recent "run" is over. Starting the new league year approximately $63M in the hole dictates a course of action and the aforementioned "cold hard reality" is on our (the Packers and Packer Nation) doorstep. Apologies to Kevin Greene's ghost but "IT IS TIME".

Packers Nation is about to get what I call "a slap in the face with the carp of reality". If a company's financial situation similar to this came across my desk ... I have to say that I'd be pushing for receivership and/or a forced C-11 bankruptcy - most businesses don't have a monolithic TV contract to fall back on. So the NFL version of a C-11 is a year or two in "Cap Purgatory", not "Cap Hell" with revenues like the Packers generate you know ... they'll be back in black soon enough.

Ok, so if I haven't hedged well enough - I'm saying Aaron has to go, and in all likelihood, he doesn't want to stay anyway in my opinion. He knows what coming - and it IS coming and he's not about to make it easier for the Packers regardless of how he infers otherwise. From a pure business standpoint - he has to go.

Reaction score
Do I really want to move on from Aaron Rodgers? In spite of some of his antics, no.

However, it may be time to move on from Aaron. I am not an expert on our salary cap situation, I have seen some articles saying that it is possible to create cap space like we did last year and keep him. I am not sure if this is true, but even if it is, it seems that it is going to come at the expense of the future by pushing the salary cap problem into the future and/or not being able to keep every key player on the team (which may include some players that are an important part of the future and/or would keep us from being a realistic super bowl contender next year anyway). This is also likely our last chance to get a tremendous haul in draft picks, as well as possibly some players, which would go a long way towards helping us in the rebuild and/or winning in the post-Rodgers era, in return from trading him because he only has but so many years left.

I will say that I am ready to move on from many of our receivers, including Adams. Nothing against Adams, and I appreciate what he has done, but I am not sure if any receiver is worth what he is asking, and our other receivers are average, so I would rather we try to get a more balanced receiving corps from top to bottom that also fits MLFs scheme.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Initially I was against it until AR started babbling his I want a say mantra. I do realize its a business, but at this point it is up to Gutekunst. If Murphy tries to interlude I say can Murphy and Ball. Adams will be on the wrong side of 30 in 2 years. I do not see keeping him due to cost. I do not like draft and develop TT/MM philosophy at all, they should be mixing that up w free agency to a certain point.
I have seen enough of AR12 in the playoffs to know he is far from a leader. One lucky ring and a whole lot of wild flake, but his arm talent in the regular season only is astonishing - but in crunch time he folds. Reminds me a lot of Marino.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line he is the best QB to ever play in Green Bay but he chokes in the playoffs if the front office surrounded him with more talent over the years they would have won more.. so I do not wanna move on from the qb that just won mvp two times in a row he is the best chance for us to win in the next 3 years at least… idk why people hate on him because he doesn’t agree with the popular opinion in the world I don’t want him to leave I love the old bastard and I support him he just effing blows big donkey d**k in the playoffs.. his best chance is in the nfc
He will be back and they will sniff around again in the playoffs

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line he is the best QB to ever play in Green Bay but he chokes in the playoffs if the front office surrounded him with more talent over the years they would have won more.. so I do not wanna move on from the qb that just won mvp two times in a row he is the best chance for us to win in the next 3 years at least… idk why people hate on him because he doesn’t agree with the popular opinion in the world I don’t want him to leave I love the old bastard and I support him he just effing blows big donkey d**k in the playoffs.. his best chance is in the nfc
He will be back and they will sniff around again in the playoffs
Doesn't that pretty much hold for any FO and any QB?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I mostly or have only seen is just talk if A-Rod leaves but not much if fans want him to stay or go.

On the one hand he has been letting us down for over a decade now in playoff games.
On the other, he is our best and only hope right now.

If A-Rod goes then it means breaking in a new QB which could mean missing the playoffs next year and perhaps a few more unless we get lucky a third time.

I would rather see him retire in green and yellow though if he goes I would understand and still be a fan of his as long as there are no bitter feelings and he does not play for a rival team.

Your thoughts and feelings.
It is between a rock and a hard place. If he goes we may win all of 4 or 5 games if we are fortunate next season. Even the Lions will jump in. If he stays we have a roster that just may try to claw its way to a #7 seed. Will ARod like that?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes but as everyone is aware Green Bay has always draft and developed and stayed away from paying proven Free agents is what I was implying
Not as much with Gute. Thompson, absolutely in house. Gute is more if a middle of the road GM.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He has done more than Thompson did fwiw but the years with Thompson was slow
Thompson got us a Super Bowl. Right now, we're in Purgatory without a rooting interest in the Super Bowl.

I'd say Thompson and Wolf are still winning - so far, Gute's been swinging away, but --- you know, GM's don't play the game.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is between a rock and a hard place. If he goes we may win all of 4 or 5 games if we are fortunate next season. Even the Lions will jump in. If he stays we have a roster that just may try to claw its way to a #7 seed. Will ARod like that?
Rock and hard place is perfectly put.

We shouldn't base the future on the past but that is damn hard right now seeing how we keep losing PO games after having a great season.
The future is of course uncertain but maybe, just maybe, A-Rod is a one and done SB winner?

I'd say if he wants to come back then give him one more year with better coaching to remind him that he has more than just Adams to throw to and if another PO game is lost, seriously consider cutting him lose if he wants to go.

He doesn't have a lot of years or chances left and if he goes to another team I would be surprised if he gets to the SB with his first year with them.
Especially with that tunnel vision.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rock and hard place is perfectly put.

We shouldn't base the future on the past but that is damn hard right now seeing how we keep losing PO games after having a great season.
The future is of course uncertain but maybe, just maybe, A-Rod is a one and done SB winner?

I'd say if he wants to come back then give him one more year with better coaching to remind him that he has more than just Adams to throw to and if another PO game is lost, seriously consider cutting him lose if he wants to go.

He doesn't have a lot of years or chances left and if he goes to another team I would be surprised if he gets to the SB with his first year with them.
Especially with that tunnel vision.
And a lot of those teams we may have had an edge on in recent seasons may only get better. As good as he may step up it may not be enough any more.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes but as everyone is aware Green Bay has always draft and developed and stayed away from paying proven Free agents is what I was implying
Didn't come across that way at the time. Sorry (although D&D can still provide good players :)

Reaction score
I live down south now. I just happen to call a customer service # recently and struck up a conversation with a very nice lady who lived about :45 from GB.
We got on the Packers topic quite quickly and I find it interesting what she said. She basically said she loves Aaron Rodgers the “player” but can’t stand Aaron the “person”. I think she hit the nail on the head and I think it’s how the vast majority of fans feel.

I’m a strange bird. My Faith has spoken to me that much of Aaron’s defeats are to humble him (likely myself also in keeping my priorities straight and understanding what in life is REALLY important)

I believe that someone with high integrity and a humble heart is more deserving. I know that’s old fashioned you don’t need to remind me. I also believe Aaron Rodgers held himself back because of the way he treated those around him. In retrospect, I think he alienated as many players as he inspired.

I want a QB who can inspire those around him and that embodies what the history of our great franchise is all about. Bart Starr did that and I so miss those type guys. If Aaron Rodgers could grow into that man? (We all can) Then I’m his #1 fan

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade now could. get some awesome draft picks that might be a staple for next 15 years

Keep for 2 more years? Maybe 3. Have a very good if not great qb play. But then what?
I’d rather take my chances for 2 more years then start looking

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always, I can see the wisdom in either direction. I am leaning though, he wants to be here, so we find a way to keep him here for another 2-4 years for as long as he’s at this level and wants to keep playing.

Yes there are other ways to win and having a great qb hasn’t brought home the Lombardi in a while, but there are a lot more ways to lose without one and I’m in no hurry to get there.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... you know, I'd feel a heckuva lot better saying what I'm about to say if Jordan Love had shown anything beyond "arm strength" - the ability overthrow receivers. Now, I'm not a fan of Aaron Rodgers - I enjoy #12's game. Big difference there.

Packers and Rodgers are playing nice so as not to give the impression of a pending fire sale in my opinion - but the cold hard reality is that the most recent "run" is over. Starting the new league year approximately $63M in the hole dictates a course of action and the aforementioned "cold hard reality" is on our (the Packers and Packer Nation) doorstep. Apologies to Kevin Greene's ghost but "IT IS TIME".

Packers Nation is about to get what I call "a slap in the face with the carp of reality". If a company's financial situation similar to this came across my desk ... I have to say that I'd be pushing for receivership and/or a forced C-11 bankruptcy - most businesses don't have a monolithic TV contract to fall back on. So the NFL version of a C-11 is a year or two in "Cap Purgatory", not "Cap Hell" with revenues like the Packers generate you know ... they'll be back in black soon enough.

Ok, so if I haven't hedged well enough - I'm saying Aaron has to go, and in all likelihood, he doesn't want to stay anyway in my opinion. He knows what coming - and it IS coming and he's not about to make it easier for the Packers regardless of how he infers otherwise. From a pure business standpoint - he has to go.
Exactly. Right now everyone is on script in this drama, hopefully they can remain so as it plays out

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live down south now. I just happen to call a customer service # recently and struck up a conversation with a very nice lady who lived about :45 from GB.
We got on the Packers topic quite quickly and I find it interesting what she said. She basically said she loves Aaron Rodgers the “player” but can’t stand Aaron the “person”. I think she hit the nail on the head and I think it’s how the vast majority of fans feel.

I’m a strange bird. My Faith has spoken to me that much of Aaron’s defeats are to humble him (likely myself also in keeping my priorities straight and understanding what in life is REALLY important)

I believe that someone with high integrity and a humble heart is more deserving. I know that’s old fashioned you don’t need to remind me. I also believe Aaron Rodgers held himself back because of the way he treated those around him. In retrospect, I think he alienated as many players as he inspired.

I want a QB who can inspire those around him and that embodies what the history of our great franchise is all about. Bart Starr did that and I so miss those type guys. If Aaron Rodgers could grow into that man? (We all can) Then I’m his #1 fan
Can you give an example or two of what things he has done that you don't like as a person?
Did he smear wet paint on a park bench, walk through some wet cement, kick a dog and then not pay fines on overdue library books?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeping Rodgers makes little sense. If they couldn't win with him this year, they won't win next year with him when the roster gets depleted to pay for his big contract. Get draft picks while you still can. Otherwise he'll choke in one or two more playoff games. walk away, and the Packers will have little to help them rebuild. The Niners are better than the Packers with Jimmy G. AR is a regular season MVP but a post season dud.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I know it`s unpopular to say but he`s had his time. He lost me when he even thought of moving on. I don`t think he`ll have any success with any other team, even if people think so. I`m tired of people making excuses for HIS shortcomings by blaming everybody around him. The moment he showed he didn`t want to be here anymore, that was it for me. I want players here who WANT to be here.

Ultimax15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade him and move on. He called his shot (last dance) and came up short. I don’t like the guy, never have. He turned out to be what I thought years ago. That said, best thing for the organization is to harvest whatever draft picks we can for him and move on. Under that course I expect GB to contend for a playoff spot next year.
Agreed

Members online

Latest posts