Do Packer Forum members/fans want AR to leave?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love has a tall ladder to climb. Each rung he goes up, he will be nearer to the top of what I consider to be at least a 40 rung ladder. Right now, I only consider him a few rungs up. :) He may climb a few at a time and then slide back down one, if by the end of the season he is 10 or so rungs up, that's a good start. Packer fans expecting him to just run up that ladder are going to be very disappointed.
Well, wait a minute, how many rungs are there?
Anyway, obviously there's a learning curve here to go through. But he's had three years to learn the system and watch Rodgers and learn, and that should mitigate at least some of the pain. Unless he really is a bust, but it's too early too think in those terms IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well, wait a minute, how many rungs are there?
Anyway, obviously there's a learning curve here to go through. But he's had three years to learn the system and watch Rodgers and learn, and that should mitigate at least some of the pain. Unless he really is a bust, but it's too early too think in those terms IMO.
No doubt 3 years of sitting behind Rodgers, practicing, minimal game experience, et. has made Love a better QB than he would have been in year 1. However, week after week of real game reps are a lot different than practices and preseason games. Which is why I think he will still look pretty green this season. Those thinking otherwise are probably going to be disappointed and it wouldn't surprise me that after Week 1, there will already be some talking what a failure Love was and Gute needs to be fired.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those thinking otherwise are probably going to be disappointed and it wouldn't surprise me that after Week 1, there will already be some talking what a failure Love was and Gute needs to be fired.
Your expectation may be correct, but week 1 doesn't seem like a very large sample size.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A simple point on Love. He has been given the time to learn the game, while being a caddy to one of the best QBs in the history of the game. He has had time, repetitions, and the coaching, for the moment that is ahead. There is no reason to doubt that he should succeed in at least becoming a middle-of-the-road NFL QB, and capable of running a team.

At this point, all we can do is sit back, relax, and see where it heads with him, because the work is done, all they need to do is turn him loose and let him play.

For the Packers coaching staff, and Gute, his ability to guide this team is going to determine their futures as well, in GB, because they did nothing to find someone else, if they thought he didn't have the tools through the course of his tutelage.

By November, we're going to know if the Packers brain trust is good at their jobs, or should be dumped out with tonight's garbage. They've obviously hooked their wagons to Love, and what he brings to the table.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A simple point on Love. He has been given the time to learn the game, while being a caddy to one of the best QBs in the history of the game. He has had time, repetitions, and the coaching, for the moment that is ahead. There is no reason to doubt that he should succeed in at least becoming a middle-of-the-road NFL QB, and capable of running a team.

At this point, all we can do is sit back, relax, and see where it heads with him, because the work is done, all they need to do is turn him loose and let him play.

For the Packers coaching staff, and Gute, his ability to guide this team is going to determine their futures as well, in GB, because they did nothing to find someone else, if they thought he didn't have the tools through the course of his tutelage.

By November, we're going to know if the Packers brain trust is good at their jobs, or should be dumped out with tonight's garbage. They've obviously hooked their wagons to Love, and what he brings to the table.
Well said

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if I out loud say or type our current QBs name do I get banned? Lol! Is it safe to come out of my cave?
I still do not know what I was banned for. Not that I think you guys missed me or anything. I just have a lot of reading to do to catch up.

Members online

Latest posts