• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
So my amazing fiancé is trying to suprise me with a trip down to Charlotte for the Panthers game. He, a die hard Pats fan, feels a little guilty because I get us free Patriots tickets all the time through my job. Two days ago I got an update from my AirBnb account acknowledging a request in Charlotte from 12/15-12/19. At first I thought nothing of it and figured he had work he needed to do down there. Then some messages were coming through asking how far from the stadium this place was. Now its clear. He either has another lady hes taking to Panthers/Pack or he is trying really hard to keep this a suprise from me. Do I tell him I know or let him suprise me?

Yogididit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprises are cool when they're actually surprises, but since he already screwed it up, you might as well help him plan the trip. Might encourage him to up his game next time.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't tell him because he for sure put a lot of effort into surprising you and while it seems he screwed up a bit suggest you act surprised when presented with the trip as I guarantee he's looking forward to your reqction ever since he had the idea.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey, let's not jump to conclusions here. I think this should just play out naturally. There could still be a surprise in it for everyone involved. If this another woman (or man, this is the 20teens afterall) going on a trip, everyone will be surprised. the OP will be surprised, the fiance will be surprised when she confronts him etc.

but I would just let it be, not act real surprised either when it happens, but don't ruin is efforts either. Just be happy for the effort and enjoy it when he springs it on you.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think its worth the risk either way. Make other plans for those days and I'll go with him. That way if there is another woman involved I can help break the news.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife "knew" where we were going on our honeymoon but she was wrong. In your situation, I'd play the fool and let him have his surprise. He is going through a lot of effort. I walked in on my kids making my fathers day present this year. I still enjoyed the final result after it was assembled. You can spill the beans in the future during one of your arguments. (women never forget and when they do their version becomes the facts in any discussion.)
You have an idea of the city and one event. You have no idea of what else he has planned, do you? You can secretly research eating and partying spots for the inevitable what do you want to do now after you check in and verified the mattress springs work.

H

HardRightEdge

Surprises are cool when they're actually surprises, but since he already screwed it up, you might as well help him plan the trip. Might encourage him to up his game next time.
Right. Life is not a sitcom unless you make it so.

You can adequately express your surprise and appreciation more genuinely now than when faking it when he tells you its time to head to the airport (or when he tells you to take time off work). I assume you will not be blindfolded prior to pulling up in front of the stadium.

Of course, you could wait to see if it is for the girlfriend. ;)

Signed,

Oprah and Dr. Phil

Last edited by a moderator:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When he surprises you with tickets you should say "Oooh, it would be great if we could get a place to stay through AirBnb." He'll feel double-slick that he predicted what you wanted. You can smile on the inside.

Yogididit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When he surprises you with tickets you should say "Oooh, it would be great if we could get a place to stay through AirBnb." He'll feel double-slick that he predicted what you wanted. You can smile on the inside.

I can support this version of keeping it a secret.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Let him have his moment of glory. Only tell him somewhere down the line. Sometimes not telling the truth right away is better. Sometimes it's not. In this case, my bet is he won't be able to keep it in until the weekend but will spill the beans beforehand.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what if he checks this forum? he knows now that you know about his surprise, but you don't know for sure that he knows that you know about the surprise. then...... so now you have to go on wondering if he knows that you know about the surprise. you can confront him and he will probably deny anything about the surprise. claiming you don't know if that is him that is actually the one making inquiries about Charlotte. or you can keep playing along wondering if he knows you know about the surprise and just playing oblivious for fun. you know?! now if he doesn't know that you know about the surprise then I don't know...maybe you shouldn't tell him, but how do you know for sure he doesn't know you know? I don't know!

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
what if he checks this forum? he knows now that you know about his surprise, but you don't know for sure that he knows that you know about the surprise. then...... so now you have to go on wondering if he knows that you know about the surprise. you can confront him and he will probably deny anything about the surprise. claiming you don't know if that is him that is actually the one making inquiries about Charlotte. or you can keep playing along wondering if he knows you know about the surprise and just playing oblivious for fun. you know?! now if he doesn't know that you know about the surprise then I don't know...maybe you shouldn't tell him, but how do you know for sure he doesn't know you know? I don't know!
Luckily he's a patriots fan and is not on this forum

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play along. After the reveal, tell him you knew and he owes you a romantic dinner for not keeping it the 'surprise'.

Edit: Who's the single Yes voter?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So my amazing fiancé is trying to suprise me with a trip down to Charlotte for the Panthers game. He, a die hard Pats fan, feels a little guilty because I get us free Patriots tickets all the time through my job. Two days ago I got an update from my AirBnb account acknowledging a request in Charlotte from 12/15-12/19. At first I thought nothing of it and figured he had work he needed to do down there. Then some messages were coming through asking how far from the stadium this place was. Now its clear. He either has another lady hes taking to Panthers/Pack or he is trying really hard to keep this a suprise from me. Do I tell him I know or let him suprise me?

As a guy I'm on the fence here. I would hate to hear sometime later 'oh by the way I knew', but if I was really trying to surprise you I would also hope I would've figured out everything beforehand so there was no way for you to find out, so in that instance I would kind of want to know 'hey you messed it up' so I can figure it out better next time.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
As someone has all ready implied, you DON'T actually know yet. You are assuming based on some things you've seen. You may be wrong. So I wouldn't say anything unless you were absolutely 100 per cent sure. In that case, speaking as a preacher, I would commend truth with a lot of gushing over him and how thoughtful he is.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait a moment, he's a Patriots fan??? In that case completely ruin it for him. ;)
You're too nice.

I say sleep with several random Packer fans and then throw it in his face. Take pix during the act and make sure the guy(s) is (are) wearing a cheesehead.

Wow. That was unnecessary and rude on my part. I went a little overboard on my dislike for the patriots and their fans. He probably is a decent guy, especially if he is doing all this too make you happy. I revise my advice: just kick him in the nuts and call it good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts