Do I have this correct?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please correct if there is an error but as of December 16th here are Packers signed for 2006. Note I only listed some players once and some like Wells and Klemm can be used at different positions. I count 40 players. Early next year the roster will swell as high as 80 plus roster exemptions for NFL-E designated players. The additions will be low NFL quality.

15 more days to use the remaining 05 cap for 06. Signings will likely be on the defensive line.

OFFENSE

QB
Favre
Rodgers
_______ (FA?)

RB
Gado
Herron (Unsure)
Chaz Williams
Walt Williams

FB
Henderson
Leach

WR
Driver
Murphy
Walker
Ferguson
________

TE
Franks
Lee
Martin

T
Tauscher
Clifton
Klemm

OG
Whitticker
Coston
________

C
Wells
White

DEFENSE

S
Collins
Roman
Underwood

CB
Harris
Carroll
Hawkins
Horton

LB
Barnett
Thomas
Popinga (06 PUP List?)
Manning
Diggs
Campbell
(Is Leake signed for more than 05?)

DE
KGB
Montgomery
Peterson

DT
Washington
(Cole, Jenkins, Williams likely to be signed)

Special Teams

Sander

Looking at this it is obvious DT and OG needs to be addressed and quality upgrades will be obtained elsewhere. IMHO Grady will be replaced with the first DT taken in the draft and the Packers in the second round will get the 1st or 2nd OG taken in the draft.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB will also be in posistion to pick up a WR from Wisconsin either Orr or Williams both 6,3 and 190 but have good hands and make great adjustments

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Williams is listed as 5'11" and 176 lbs. Either would be late round picks at best.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they find TWO DT's (Nose tackles) - that way, we can still keep Colin Cole freed up for the pilin' on..... he's a monster!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon White should have red shirted and he would be their "go to" reciever next year. He could be a little bit of a sleeper, I would like to see the Pack sign him as a free agent. As mentioned Williams and Orr could be late rd picks for someone, maybe us. Williams would be intriqueing because of his ability to return kicks.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have just a couple of corrections.

Those not signed for 2006 or more.
RB-Gado
FB-Henderson
DE-Peterson

Those that are signed at least through 2006.
DT-Williams
CB-Dendy
CB-Wishom
LB-Leake

Horton I'm not sure about the future info didn't come up for him.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you ravage.

Henderson and Williams were obvious and I was wrong.
On Gado I read in a Sentinel Journal article he was signed for 06 but have no other confirmation.
Peterson I thought will be restricted free agent.

Anything on the length of contracts for Dendy, Wishom, and Leake? Leake was so recent I heard nothing.

I want to make sure I haave it right before the offseason.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything I got is from NFLPA, NFL Players Association. Usually they have things right but on occasion they might miss one. So my info is as accurate as I can make it but no guarantees.

Leake is signed through 2006
Dendy is also through 2006
same for Wishom

Peterson is not signed for 2006, that's all I know. He may be a RFA but he's not signed right now.

I looked up Gado on the team site and they agree with you. He is signed through 2006. That's a good thing. :D

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ravage said:
Everything I got is from NFLPA, NFL Players Association. Usually they have things right but on occasion they might miss one. So my info is as accurate as I can make it but no guarantees.

Leake is signed through 2006
Dendy is also through 2006
same for Wishom

Peterson is not signed for 2006, that's all I know. He may be a RFA but he's not signed right now.

I looked up Gado on the team site and they agree with you. He is signed through 2006. That's a good thing. :D

Actually it wouldn't matter for Gado to be signed for next year as he will only be entering his 2nd year. That automatically makes him a RFA who could only sign with GB if he's tagged. After he's been in the league for 3 years, then another team can bid on him.

We have a lot of players to sign right now for next year. I think that Kampman and Longwell should be on the top of the list. TT has already started negotiations with Kampman, good sign.

Next we'll have to look at the OL. Flanny's a FA, should we sign him? Ruegy's also a FA. Wells and White are available to replace at center -- Wells messed up plenty of shotgun snaps this year and White is a rookie never activated for a game this year. Then there's Kevin Barry, who's apparently not good enough to start at guard (obviously he would have with the problems we've had there.) He most likely will be gone. After that is a very high priority -- replacing Wahle and Rivera (it still hasn't happened yet.)

No matter who you look at in the list of FAs for GB, our most important priority should be rebuilding the OL. That is the foundation of the offense. It doesn't matter who lines up behind them, we can't seriously compete without a solid OL. Both tackle positions are settled right now, so now TT needs to figure out the 3 inside spots.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby,
I agree on the offensive line. I got some flak from some guys on the Bush thread when I said trade down and not take him(this was when there was still an outside shot) because we could use some cash to secure a good FA guard. My personal favorite is Hutchinson from Seattle as the thought is they won't be able to keep both he and Alexander. It was a bad situation to lose both our guards and have no real money to sign anyone to replace at least one. But we have some money now and this line needs help. I say a FA because I think we can be good next year if we shore up the line and get Bates some talent where needed thru the draft(it appears theres a wealth of talent at linebacker and line) which we should be able to do with the first three picks even if we start with the 6 or 7.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay Gado is an exclusive rights free agent. My count is now 41 players signed for 2006.

Wolfe obtained 7 or 17.1%
Sherman got 13 or 31.7%
Thompson got 21 or 51.2%

Most will make it to the final 53.

Another 12 will have to be signed and make it to the final 53.

Of the 12 possibilities are Wolfe's guys of Longwell, Henderson, Rob Davis, and maybe Flanagan and Green.

Possible Sherman guys are Kampmann, Fisher, Lenon, Chatman, and maybe Davenport and Nall.

It would be an interesting wager if there are more Wolfe guys than Sherman guys on the roster at the begining of 06.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's several sites out there which list free agents, including the Packers.

Also, the packers cappage lists the folks and contract.

http://members.cox.net/cappage/

I think the team will look seriously at who is available at the 3-5 spot, then determine if they can trade down to pick up more picks. My guess is defense, with the second round going to a running back.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
There's several sites out there which list free agents, including the Packers.

Also, the packers cappage lists the folks and contract.

http://members.cox.net/cappage/

I think the team will look seriously at who is available at the 3-5 spot, then determine if they can trade down to pick up more picks. My guess is defense, with the second round going to a running back.

Possible good call, there ...NET --- which RB would be slated to sit at (what) between No.35 and No.40 or so.....? Since it's slated that the Packers will probably fall in line around 4th or 5th in the Draft, apparently.... then which RB would be there......?

Members online