1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

DNR Logic

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    So they are going to fine this guy even though it took them weeks and tests to determine it was a Grey Wolf and not a coyote. If they had to run tests on the animal to determine that, how in the world was a hunter hunting legal game suppose to tell the difference in the field.

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    rules are rules i guess. sounds like they are giving him as little punishment as possible, while still actually enforcing the law.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It's funny they took that long to figure it was a wolf.
    But me as a hunter, i won't shoot ANYTHING if i am NOT 100% sure what it is. If there is ANY question, you do not pull the trigger.

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Agreed, but in the same sense if they couldn't tell until after weeks of study that it wasn't a coyote, how as a coyote hunter are you suppose to at X amount of yards? It is not like shooting a doe with only a buck tag.. or an albino animal.. I have seen plenty of wolves and coyotes, they are easy to tell apart in the woods, but if they could without testing, I am sure I would have made the same mistake.

Clear cut case.. absolutely fines are appropriate.. but in this case.. I think it is incorrect. That or maybe I have been reading to much of the book, "Belicheck - Keys to success". :lol:

5. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    He probably should have videotapes the animals and looked for some "signs"

6. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    True!!!
    He could have followed it, and if it went to Grandma's house, he would have KNOWN it was a WOLF!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Wow what a great pic I love South Park

Back on Topic errrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. whats the topic about

South Park? :-?

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My gosh. I could tell the difference between a gray wolf and a coyote with my glasses off. The question I have is why did it take so long to figure that out?

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'd love to see a photo of it, to see why it was so difficult. And heck, if it took the DNR special tests to prove either way, to me, the guy shouldn't even be fined. If the "professionals" can't tell by sight, they should NOT prosecute the hunter.

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    wasnt there someone on THIS forum that shot a wolf dring hnting season?

12. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  13. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rules are rules I guess, but if it took them that long to find out it was a wolf then how did the guy shooting it know? Wolves do look similar to Coyotes. Oh well it is what it is.

14. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    we have coyotes right out side out window off and on during the year and I have seen them...I wondered how could someone mistake those for a Wolf, they look so much smaller then the wolves I seen at the zoo..

So I decided to compare the two from pictures on google

Now, I am pretty sure we all know which is which, but if there are trees in the way I can see how it would be a big misunderstanding..Specially if it is a HYBRID as the DNR is saying

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]