Divided Locker Room

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, only two weeks into the season, and Earl Little is calling out Mark Roman. Better get a handle on this **** early, or it is going to snowball.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This tells you that there is no real leadership in this team... we need someone who can get there and told this guy to shut up.. Where is Brett??,, I dont even dare to ask about Sherman..

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko, Sherman is surely the deer leading the lions. That guy does not even register a pulse during the game. Don't want a raving lunatic, but at least pretend you are interested in being there during the game.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Where is Brett??,, I dont even dare to ask about Sherman..
They need a leader on defense as well. Brett can't carry the whole team. Look at the Super Bowl years - there was Reggie White and LeRoy Butler - 2 great leaders.

Now there's really no one.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Well, only two weeks into the season, and Earl Little is calling out Mark Roman. Better get a handle on this **** early, or it is going to snowball.

Maybe I'm speculating, but after the debacle of a play where Favre missed Fergie on that dumpoff pass, there was quite a bit of jawing going on between them as well. I know there has been some bad blood in the past between those two (Favre called him out for not learning the playbook and lame practice habits) so I'm watching this episode closely as well.
Fergie seemed to be making a waving motion (like GO AWAY) at Brett as they were jawing. Anyone else see this?

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Chamuko said:
Where is Brett??,, I dont even dare to ask about Sherman..
They need a leader on defense as well. Brett can't carry the whole team. Look at the Super Bowl years - there was Reggie White and LeRoy Butler - 2 great leaders.

That's part of the problem we haven't had a leader on the D in a long time.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:

this is why i questioned our offseason moves...i mean, to an extent Jim Bates was correct saying that this defense can play with the talent we had...minus two horrendous plays vs. the browns i say this defense has done much much better than expected.

However I wish we would've signed someone who knows what he was doing, who has been there before...a locker room voice. Na'il Diggs could fill this role to an extent, i'd love to see him back...we should've signed someone who could step up and simply say, guys, shut up, do your job...Al Harris, Willie Henderson, Donald Driver, Mike Flanagan, these guys have been around for long enough, its time to step up and stop the bleeding...

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is Darren Sharper when we need him to lead this defense? Oh wait, never mind. He's getting torched by Chad Johnson for a 70 yard bomb. :p

I wouldn't mind seeing Little start over Roman, but I don't like the way Little is going about it with his comments. It's not a good sign when players are finger pointing to the extent that Little did.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they are going to start pointing fingers at each other after only 2 games, then this is going to fall apart even faster than I thought. Do you see Favre staying for another year of this?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
If they are going to start pointing fingers at each other after only 2 games, then this is going to fall apart even faster than I thought. Do you see Favre staying for another year of this?

Not unless he sees signs of improvement as the season goes on. If it stays bad, he's gone. If we make our customary run at the end of the season and it looks like we're a "team on the rise" due to our young talent, I think he'll be back for at least one more year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts