Dispelling a rampant fallacy on this board....

ILOVETHEPACK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
A) I agree in part that Brett's skills have not diminished. At least not too much. He may only throw the ball 58 yards instead of 68 but the velocity is still great and throws that long are needed in only desperate circustances. If anyone can supply evidence of diminshed QB skill I'm willing to listen(INT numbers however are not that evidence).

CC,
I understand what you are saying and I agree in part with it.
HOWEVER, Ints can be due to deminished skills. If the pass bounces off a receiver and into the hands of the defender it is aceptable to say that it is not the QB's fault. But if the QB under throws the receiver who is on a fly pattern by 5 or more yards or if the receiver is on a deep down and out and the Qb throws it behind him it is possible that those ints are his fault.

Brett's avg yards per pass are down one of his lowest ever. More than likely this is due to his skills being down some but mostly to the fact that his receivers don't have the speed to get very many YACs. On some plays this year I saw a receiver go down and get a ball off the turf when he had no one on him. The ball was just slightly under thrown. SO in those few cases no Yards after the catch were not the receiver's fault. Heck maybe it wasn't Brett's fault either. If he was feeling some defense pressure he could have rushed it a bit.
Anyhow Bretts attempts and completions were both up this year which means they leaned on him more than what they should have had to. But other stats were down from previous years. Like his avg yards, his completion % and his rating.
It is fair to say he is not the same man that won 3 MVP's. If HE thought that he was the same man then why did he feel that he needed to go thru such a hard training program prior to the season?

All of this is true but look to the group he is throwing the ball to, Ferguson I think im hurt again could not even start in the USFL and old croc arms himself Fisher come on put it into true perspective give him Walker back and Driver and a good third receiver and WOW lets Roll. The only one trying to catch the ball and not caring about the consequence was Mr. Driver and some times Lee. The run opens up the pass and the pass opens up the run we had no run game until Gado then Brett was some what succesful but still had the same pI@# poor recievers. Injurys hurt this team bad, the only question I have is was it bad luck or poor conditioning on the coaches behalf that doomed the PACK. :beersign:

Members online

Latest posts