Discuss the PFDL

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe we should have some by laws to kick an owner out. If an owner doesn't alter his lineup for 3 weeks and has players on the BYE, he gets the boot. Extenuating circumstances of course should be taken into consideration.
Of this I agree. Really lowers the integrity of the standings. Also maybe if an owner doesn't make the playoffs in any 3-4 year stretch, they might be in over their head and should be asked to step aside.
I would also support addition of 2 more teams. We can each 'protect' 20 players or so and let the new guys fill out their rosters. We would have to project the addition for 2016, because we have already traded 2015 draft picks.
Thought the same thing. Protect 5 WR, 5 RB, 3TE (max 10-flex), 2 QB, and 3 more of any position. Each team can lose a maximum of 5 players and for every one you lose you can protect one more. Add lost players as comp picks at the end of the rookie draft or do a FA restock draft before the rookie draft with picks in the order the new owners chose players. Or not since we need vacant slots for the incoming rookie draft anyway. Most teams will protect their studs and potentials leaving the new teams with a plethora [today's new word] of what ifs and maybes. This should allow the new owners to get competitive relatively quick.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I believe we should have some by laws to kick an owner out. If an owner doesn't alter his lineup for 3 weeks and has players on the BYE, he gets the boot. Extenuating circumstances of course should be taken into consideration.

I would also support addition of 2 more teams. We can each 'protect' 20 players or so and let the new guys fill out their rosters. We would have to project the addition for 2016, because we have already traded 2015 draft picks.
First we need to make sure we have 10 active owners before we expand. I will have a check in with everyone and if I don't get a response by the end of January then they will be replaced. I do like your idea of how to expand the league though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
How 'bout a practice squad. 3 positions that cannot be brought up to the roster this season. Other owners can raid it but must start the player 3 consecutive weeks. At the end of the season they go onto the bench. The players can be traded like any others. The new owner can move them to the active roster or not. Free agents can also be picked up to be put on the practice squad and the PS players can be cut. I have several players I knew I would not play this year.
Not sure what is available exactly with practice squad and so on. I cannot change anything for 41 days it says which I believe is after the Super Bowl but I am not completely sure.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Btw the new season starts in 41 days and I imagine that will be when everyone is marked healthy.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
If someone is shopping for a QB this year then wait for Teddy Bridgewater. He is my favorite coming into the draft this year.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Haven't gotten into any scouting yet this year. Do you think he'd be markedly better than RG3?
I haven't done much scouting either. I have watched a little of Bridgewater and Manziel. I would say Bridgewater is really good but I don't know how good until he gets drafted somewhere. RGIII is a health risk so a good backup QB would be smart. (Plus there isn't a curse for drafting Bridgewater like there was for my true love Geno).

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we added 2 teams we'd have to clear the roster IMO. If we each keep 20 or even just 10 most of if not all the decent QBs will be taken as well as the RBs & WRs. I prefer a 10 team league but I agree w/having some by-laws that AM mentioned

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
If we added 2 teams we'd have to clear the roster IMO. If we each keep 20 or even just 10 most of if not all the decent QBs will be taken as well as the RBs & WRs. I prefer a 10 team league but I agree w/having some by-laws that AM mentioned
Nah if we added 2 teams then it would be just like the NFL when it expands and they add a team. You get to keep most of your roster and the new teams get scraps and the top picks in the rookie draft.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I am willing to trade players for picks.
Check fleaflicker for who is on the trading block.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been sent 2 diff trades in another league. Want some opinions I trade DeMarco Murry & Welker for B. Marshall or Le'veon Bell & Welker for B. Marshall. Opinions plz

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I've been sent 2 diff trades in another league. Want some opinions I trade DeMarco Murry & Welker for B. Marshall or Le'veon Bell & Welker for B. Marshall. Opinions plz
Murray and Welker for Bell and Marshall won't happen. You could trade those 2 for Marshall alone or Bell and a lesser receiver. Also Welker is worth less than Marshall so you would need to give more for him.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I get is Marshall. But I either trade away Murray & Welker or Bell & Welker

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Looking to move Jordan Cameron for a young receiver and a pick or an early 2nd/late 1st

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I will trade anyone a 2014 3.06 and 2014 3.08 or a 2015 3rd for a 2.05 or higher pick

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts