Discipline Lesson - Detroit Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Anyone that watched Thanksgiving and then this game tonight between Detroit and New Orleans, knows exactly what I am talking about.

Why do they play like idiots when trailing 7 or more points? It's become a TRADITION for this team.

I just want to say, those that did watch, be thankful that the Packers don't do things like this. Be thankful even though our defense has been god awful, that we don't do classless stuff like shoving a ref. Be thankful our great WR's don't try to get offensive pass interference calls because they know they can beat a corner back and make a catch, and last but not least, be thankful it's not plaguing this team and making the nation hate them.

This isn't just the last 2 games, the entire year it's been big talk how the Lions F things up with penalties.

Their fans blamed the 49ers loss on the refs of course.

The loss against us, was because the refs (even though Stafford had 3 INTs)

And of course, with all the penalties tonight, there is conspiracy theories about Roger Goodell using the Saints to make an example of them.

I think the Lions are a great lesson of Discipline this week.

When you're down 7 points, go out and make fools of yourselves, it really helps. They actually had momentum going by burning the Saints on deep routes, but all that disappeared when they thought that meant they were winning.

Schwartz don't seem to have ANY discipline to these players! Suh proved that last week, but without Suh, they had 11 penalties, Burleson pushing CB's off every route to get himself 3 offensive pass intereference calls, punches thrown, holding calls, oh I forgot. Titus Young I believe is his name, throws a punch near the goal line to destroy a Lions drive that turned into just 3 points, giving the momentum back to the home team. Even on Thanksgiving when we played them, they had over 10 penalties, all the holding calls, all those stupid mistakes. They do have talent, but it's very un-disciplined and just thrown out there thinking talent leads to wins, and no discipline is required.

I know our defense is crap, but at least we know McCarthy has discipline over our guys, and don't let them go out and do stupid things like that. I don't know as far as fan bases go, but I have NEVER heard anyone this year talk about the Packers as being a cheap or dirty team, where the Lions, everything I hear is negative about them, or it's their fans coming up with conspiracy theories how Goodell hates them.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with your post.

I used to feel bad/sorry for the Lions.
But after what one player did to one of my Packers, I now can't stand them and want them to lose every game.
The coach does need to rein them in.

I'm surprised that player didn't get thrown out for that shove against the ref.
Take a look at this vid.
I don't know why one player got to stay and the other gets ejected.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Well when your coach gets in a fight over a handshake at the end of the game, he loses the high ground and control. I am a big advocate for going into the playoffs at full throttle, no resting the players but I am starting to reconsider. I fear that the Lions are becoming an uncontrolled bunch of renegades and will be head hunting the last game of the season, especially Suh. Then again, he may not want to risk having to sit out the first half of next season.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, a lot of this reminds me of some of the Forrest Gregg-coached teams of the mid-'80s. Not a recipe for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts