Disagreement in organization about Will Fuller

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just reading on Twitter that there is disagreement within the organization about the team trading for Will Fuller. I'm on Will Fuller's twitter as well and it appears he thinks he's about to be moved.

I'm wondering what this disagreement means, is it Gutey vs. LaFleur or is Murphy sticking his neck out.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just reading on Twitter that there is disagreement within the organization about the team trading for Will Fuller. I'm on Will Fuller's twitter as well and it appears he thinks he's about to be moved.

I'm wondering what this disagreement means, is it Gutey vs. LaFleur or is Murphy sticking his neck out.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Since this was previously posted by attack12, we should discuss it there, but I would guess Murphy is definitely involved.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's definitely Murphy, he's the common denominator.

It was Murphy who made this crappy "tri-fecta" where LeFleur, Gute, and Ball are essentially all equal.

If it was the old way Gute would have made the deal. I think Murphy is forcing them to be unanimous on the trade but for some reason LeFleur and/or Ball have cold feet. But again that wouldn't matter if Murphy hadn't changed the power structure. It's for the GM to build the team and the coach to make said team a winner.

OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, sounds like Murphy has decided to try to make himself relevant again.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The answer is, yes it is worth it. Aaron Rodgers ain't gettin' any younger. Let's go for it now.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was Murphy who made this crappy "tri-fecta" where LeFleur, Gute, and Ball are essentially all equal.

I think that is a good principle to have. Gute and LaFleur must at least be unified in views and Ball ofc has to support financially. So overall having the tri-fecta makes for good balance.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one thought they would actually do something right lol

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the debate is because of draft picks we have to give up.

We passed on chance to draft a WR in deep draft pool and fecked it up. Now giving a high pick for Fuller just makes entire front office look bad. Esp when we have Lazard and Funchess awaiting return. So probably feels we are making desperate moves. Maybe they want to assess Lazard/Funchess before investing money in this.

He's 27, their top WR and a fave target of Watson, so don't think they'll let him go for cheap at all. Is it worth it?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fine with the structure. There should be disagreement. It's not a slam dunk. he's going to be an expensive rental and if he's any good just another person we have to try and fit under the cap for next year along with a few others that are more important if you ask me. you don't know if he'll pick up the offense or if he'll even perform when he gets here.

and if our defense can't keep the other team out of the endzone and start forcing more punts, who cares.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would have helped yes absolutely but there defense is pathetic he wouldn’t have put them over the top unfortunately

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would have helped yes absolutely but there defense is pathetic he wouldn’t have put them over the top unfortunately
Why couldn't Gute trade for a good run stopper?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packer Fans: "Damn, yet another missed opportunity to improve the WR group failed. Gute you suck!"

Gute Appologists: "This team is fine, we didn't need Fuller and what else was Gute suppose to do, he tried"

Me: "Hey, I'm just happy that if the rumors are true, Gute acknowledged the Packers have a need at WR!!!!"

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Fans: "Damn, yet another missed opportunity to improve the WR group failed. Gute you suck!"

Gute Appologists: "This team is fine, we didn't need Fuller and what else was Gute suppose to do, he tried"

Me: "Hey, I'm just happy that if the rumors are true, Gute acknowledged the Packers have a need at WR!!!!"
Yes they need another good WR. There are also holes on the defense that could have been addressed via a trade.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Based on what we have seen through 7 games, the Packers are just not good enough to win a Super Bowl. It’s frustrating that after drafting no one of significant value in the draft to help the team this season, the Packers also couldn’t find a way to improve the team at the deadline to improve the chances of winning a super bowl.

Other teams have found a way to make deals. I don’t know what the particulars were in regards to Fuller, and I’m not saying Gute did the wrong thing necessarily, I’m just saying I am highly frustrated because the Packers are close to being upper echelon, yet very little is being done to put us over the top.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** you Gute. This team needs help and you do nothing?
Dude The Texans were asking for a second round pick and a player. That is a ripoff. We went 13-3 last year with our pickups from FA. I think that's a bit harsh.

The only thing I don't agree with them is how they handled the draft this year.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading for Fuller would've meant admitting they botched the draft. Looks like they would rather save face than actually making a move that would improve their Super Bowl push. You know, like what every Super Bowl contender has done over the past two weeks.

Even the freakin' Lions were buyers this year.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know what the particulars were in regards to Fuller, and I’m not saying Gute did the wrong thing necessarily
Fuller was just one player. What about other players, like on defense. I beginning to think Gute's *** should be shown the door right behind Pettine. We have a HOF QB that is being wasted.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes they need another good WR. There are also holes on the defense that could have been addressed via a trade.

Here is their chance! They can pick up Grayson off waivers. :roflmao:

Buccaneers officially activated Antonio. Brown off the reserve/suspended list and, to make room for him, waived wide receiver Cyril Grayson.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude The Texans were asking for a second round pick and a player. That is a ripoff. .

What was our second round pick this year?? Seems like an ok deal to me, depending on who the player was.

Members online

Latest posts