Dion Branch

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was just reported that Dion Branch was traded to the Seahawks.
No Details.
Whats Teddy doing, sitting on his hands?
Other teams seem to be willing to make some moves to make their team better.
What the hell is going on in green Bay?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted is not going to do anything to better this team. He has his "master plan" in place.

I think they gave NE a 1st rounder. To Ted Thompson that is 284 Dave Tollefson's, and Kurt Campbell's.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eek - a first rounder for branch?? kinda shows how desperate some teams are to get quality players - boy am i glad the packers have all the quality players they need & don't have to resort to...wait a minute...nm!!
:( :)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see, the comparisons of the Packers to the Patriots is rampant on this board so here is a GREAT EXAMPLE!

The Patriots stood firm on not not letting Branch go for anything less than a 1st and guess what --- They Just Got It for a reciever who has NEVER had a 1000 yard season.

TT was so quick to deal Javon, who did have a 1000 yard season, because Javon wanted out. We got Daryn Colledge.........oh boy

This is why the Pats are good and the Pack are bad - proof positive!

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we could make the trade, but com'n TT sign Koren Robinson. Why not, nothing to lose.

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
Pyle did you really want to give our 1st round pick up for branch? I don't think I would of been to happy about that, the seahawks are a playoff and superbowl team we are not, I would of gave a 2nd round pick though. I was more upset we didn't try for Daunte Stallworth.

But that said TT needs to get off his butt he should of found us a vet guard and a wide revceiver to take the pressure off of Favre. Its all right to have young player but I also feel its important to mix in some vets as well. This is one think about TT Iam not happy with and believe will be his downfall.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfanfourever said:
Pyle did you really want to give our 1st round pick up for branch? I don't think I would of been to happy about that, the seahawks are a playoff and superbowl team we are not, I would of gave a 2nd round pick though. I was more upset we didn't try for Daunte Stallworth.

But that said TT needs to get off his butt he should of found us a vet guard and a wide revceiver to take the pressure off of Favre. Its all right to have young player but I also feel its important to mix in some vets as well. This is one think about TT Iam not happy with and believe will be his downfall.

That wasn't my point. The point was we CAVED to Walker and got a 2nd. The Pats stood firm and got a 1st for a player who never had a 1000 yard season.

People like to compare the Packers so-called rebuilding to the Patriots path to glory. It's moves like this that TT is unable to pull off. That is why comparing the 2 teams is ludacris. The Pats are effective, TT is not.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Gosh, a 1st rd pick next year for the guy. If I knew it wouldn't be a top 5 I'd say we should have went for this guy.

Maybe throw Ben Taylor and 2nd rd at them or something.

What other WR are out there?

Duves

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly ZTC... the seahawks will probably have the 25 or higher pick in the draft so it's almost a no brainer for them.. For us it's defintely a number 5 or so pick again so i'm glad we passed...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
packerfanfourever said:

That wasn't my point. The point was we CAVED to Walker and got a 2nd. The Pats stood firm and got a 1st for a player who never had a 1000 yard season.

People like to compare the Packers so-called rebuilding to the Patriots path to glory. It's moves like this that TT is unable to pull off. That is why comparing the 2 teams is ludacris. The Pats are effective, TT is not.

There is one huge difference between them Dieon isnt coming off a season ending knee injury and javon walker isnt a super bowl mvp but we probably could have got a 1st i guess.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not worth a 1st round pick. The Seahawks' receivers are nobodies. Darrell Jackson is their best, and he's injury prone. Sure it would be nice to have a player of that calibur, but not for that price.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Ted is not going to do anything to better this team. He has his "master plan" in place.

I think they gave NE a 1st rounder. To Ted Thompson that is 284 Dave Tollefson's, and Kurt Campbell's.

Can't say I disagree with TT not giving up a first rounder for Deion Branch (seeing as how it's possible that it could be used to take Brady Quinn next year).

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

you mean like signing Koren Robinson, for a vet mininum salary as opposed to paying the average Deion Branch a huge salary plus giving up a first rounder. Man im glad your not the GM of this team.

And javon was coming off a knee injury that allowed him to play only a fraction of one game. to get a second round pick from a guy who might be a one and done kind of guy is doing pretty good. branch played an entire healthy season with great results. your so irrational its unbelievable.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
pyledriver80 said:

you mean like signing Koren Robinson, for a vet mininum salary as opposed to paying the average Deion Branch a huge salary plus giving up a first rounder. Man im glad your not the GM of this team.

Oh just the man I wanted to hear from. NicNac should I go back and find your post where you stated TT is bringing in "quality people" not "criminals"

Time to flop like a fish buddy. This is why you are one-sided and can't be taken seriously. You stated TT was bringing in classy guys and now he's brought in Robinson. Which one is it flip-flopper

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whoa ok we're probably a 4 to 6 win team without Branch.

We're probably the same with him.

Giving up a top 15 pick for Deion Branch wouldn't exactly be a good move. The same people who are complaining that we should've went and traded a 1st for Branch are the same people who would tear the Packers apart come Draft Day when we have Branch and the Pats are picking probably in the top 10.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Giving up a top 15 pick for Deion Branch wouldn't exactly be a good move. The same people who are complaining that we should've went and traded a 1st for Branch are the same people who would tear the Packers apart come Draft Day when we have Branch and the Pats are picking probably in the top 10.

Please don't take things out of context. I simply stated that the Pats got more out of Branch then we did out of Walker even though Branch never got 1,000 yards in any season.

JWalk was coming off an injury no doubt, but if giving up a 1 for Branch was possible maybe getting a 1 for JWalk was too.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:

Please don't take things out of context. I simply stated that the Pats got more out of Branch then we did out of Walker even though Branch never got 1,000 yards in any season.

JWalk was coming off an injury no doubt, but if giving up a 1 for Branch was possible maybe getting a 1 for JWalk was too.

Wasn't referring to you. More so the thread itself.

I agree Walker is probably worth more than Branch but Walker did have an awful game yesterday so maybe he wasn't as good as some thought. Seattle's pick will probably be a late pick and we got the #6 in round 2 for Walker. So the difference isn't terrible but I thinking hanging onto Walker and letting him sit for a while would of been the better move.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Yeah, Packnic... Looks like a great move seeing how K-Rob will be sitting in the clink for a year come mid-October.

Maybe if we're lucky he'll be granted work release so he can play on Sundays!!! :roll:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts