1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Diggs signs with Panthers

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Buckeyepackfan, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Panthers | Team signs Diggs
    Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:13:08 -0700

Pat Sutherland, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers have signed free agent LB Na'il Diggs (Packers) to an undisclosed contract.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    good info buck.

hope diggs does well.

3. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I fell behind the ball on this topic...can someone fill me in...I assume he was simply cut by the pack?

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, I believe he was due a good amount of money this year(backloaded contract) and he just wasn't worth keeping around. They cut him shortly after the season ended.

5. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers parted ways with veteran linebacker Na'il Diggs on Thursday, the team's website reported. Diggs had started 80 games for the Packers over the previous six seasons.

Diggs was a fourth-round selection of the Packers in the 2000 draft and had been one of the team's mainstays on defense. The 27-year-old Diggs recorded at least 80 tackles in three straight seasons, but played in just nine games in 2005 because of injury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    03-02-2006

6. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it looks as if TT has let another one go. I wonder who in the world is going to be left on the Packer team. Oh yeah, we do have Green and Driver. I am beginning to doubt that Favre is coming back. I know I am in the minority, but I wish Sherman was back. I did like him, and I don't like TT. I think he is hurting our beloved Packers.

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea....our defense couldn't use the guy anymore. A defense like the Carolina Panthers has room for Diggs but we don't?