1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Difficult update on my family life

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by bozz_2006, Jan 21, 2013.

1. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Hi friends; a less-than-fun update for you this morning. This is a thread I posted to my Facebook page. I've been buddies with many of you on here for a long time, and I want to share this here too. Thanks to those who've supported me on this road and for your continued support. For those of you who are concerned, and would like to know the details of
    why I'm happy to share. Just PM me and I'll let you know.
    Here goes...

My wife and I were in court on Friday morning, and it's final. Ann and I are divorced.

After splitting in early August, this has been a difficult 5 months, but we have both gone to great lengths to make sure our focus has remained on what's important; that Ann, Jackson, Layla, and I are a family, and we will always be a family.

We're com
    mitted to working together, continuing to be the "mom and dad team" Jack and Layla need and deserve. We've both been working hard in this difficult time to continue to be the best parents for Jack and Layla that we can possibly be; they deserve more than we could ever give them. But that hasn't stopped us from striving for it anyway, and it never will.

For those of you who knew this was coming, thank you for your support. It's meant the world to me and is a gift that I know I'll never be able to repay. I pray that I can be as faithful to you as you have been to me.

For those of you who are just learning about this now, please know that it doesn't reflect how I feel about you; that I don't love you, or don't care about you. Would you please accept my humble apology? Each of you reading this are friends, people I care deeply about.

And to everyone, I would happily accept your prayers for me, but also ask that if you do pray, you pray for all four of us, and also our families who are going through a difficult time as well. God is here, and he is reconciling this situation. He was reconciling this situation before Ann and I even know about it. And we have faith that he will continue to be with us in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead.

Like I said, if you have questions, I am happy to answer them. Send me a message, email, text, or call, and I WILL get back to you.

God, grant us peace to see this through and continually grow in your love and care.

Peace,
    Jake

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,971
    It will take time, everyday is going to be easier then the previous..

One advice no matter how horrible your ex is doing things..Unless she is putting them in harm..Please try to stay away from bashing her in front of the kids..

My ex did that to me with made up lies, and she refused to let me discuss things with them..So they have a skewed view of me..

I never did that to her even tho she was the cheater and abuser

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Thanks Jim, I've been keeping that first and foremost, and I do believe Ann is also. Hoping it can stay that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,064
    best wishes in your time of struggle. Find out what motivates you and use that to become better and stronger.

5. Passepartout

Passepartout May Flowers!

Ratings:
    +18
    So sorry Jake. Will be thinking about you! Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this tough time!

6. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Sorry to hear that man. I too have been in your situation. Just make sure that you are still a team when it comes to making choices with the kids. They need to see you as a team or they will start to take sides. Be strong man, maybe it could work out in the future.

7. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483
    Married for 38 years. Children all grown. Moved to Thailand at the age of 60. I am a rock star here. The youngest woman is 27 and the oldest is 34. She is 34 and not a wrinkle on her body. Could easily pass for 20. She would not even give me the time of day if she were in the USA. Could easily be a playboy nude or movie star.
    Wish I would have divorced years ago.

• Funny Funny x 1