1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

DIFFERENT WAYS FOR AN ATHLETE TO RETIRE.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Robin Yount, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pro Athletes have numerous ways to retire.

1. Injury;

2. No one picks up their contract;

3. Playing an announced final game, ex. The Bus

4. Going out half heartedly while still loving the game and knowing in your mind you can play.

Option 4 is applies to Favre. I don't compare Favre to Emmitt or Rice, who hung on too long. I compare Favre to Michael Jordan (No not because he is necessarily the MJ of Football). I compare Favre to Jordan because MJ originally retired at a point in his career when he had something left in the tank and still had desire.

So what does the future hold for Favre? IF Favre retires this year, I would not be surprised that after a year or two he comes back for one or two more seasons, because that desire still exists, similar to MJ.

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i personally do not see the possibility of coming out of retirement being an option for brett. i know MJ did it, but basketball is a little different. i am just hoping brett decides to come back this year so he won't have to entertain that possibility

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I liked how the bus went out. that was great

4. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    number 4 shouls say. going out because you are too damn competitive to endure another 4-12 season.