Didn't like all the trading down

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[email protected] doubt that some of TT's draft picks will suck...but with 11 picks...some of them just have to produce...I, like you, am not ecstatic about what happened w/ Javon...we had as sure a thing as you will find, and traded him for a second rounder....

HOWEVER, we picked up 3 wrs in the draft...odds are that at least one will step up to be, at least, compotent...and the same applies with the 3-4 O-linemen we got...play the percentages and some will rise to the challenge

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
[email protected] doubt that some of TT's draft picks will suck...but with 11 picks...some of them just have to produce...I, like you, am not ecstatic about what happened w/ Javon...we had as sure a thing as you will find, and traded him for a second rounder....

I understand what you're saying...just keep in mind that the "sure thing" vowed he would never play for the Packers again. The second rounder sounds REAL good with that considered. Once again, just my opinion.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauEast...he HAD to play for GB this year or not make a dime...he can whine all he wanted, but he would have no choice unless he wanted to forefit a million, or w/e is contract was for this year....but then the Pack decided to trade him

And yeah, he's coming back from injury and whatnot...but as I said...he's about as sure a bet as you're going to find...everyone has ?marks...Driver's getting old...Gardner is still living off the novelty of his potential, Fergy had a horrendous 2005, etc.

I trust that out of Lucas and our 3 picks, at least one will step up and be a solid contributor though

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
musccy said:

HOWEVER, we picked up 3 wrs in the draft...odds are that at least one will step up to be, at least, compotent...and the same applies with the 3-4 O-linemen we got...play the percentages and some will rise to the challenge

Well..

Let's hope so..Musscy..

..let's hope so..

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
LambeauEast...he HAD to play for GB this year or not make a dime...he can whine all he wanted, but he would have no choice unless he wanted to forefit a million, or w/e is contract was for this year....but then the Pack decided to trade him

Like I said, I understand what you're saying, and I have no quick snappy comeback for it. I just don't see the positive of letting him rot for 10 weeks, and then deal with the undoubted cancer he would be when he came back for the last 6 games.

I've already stated that I truly wish it could have been worked out where he would have been happy and playing for the Pack, but that obviously wasn't going to happen...IMO.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt like the trading down at all. However, the packers had a great draft, except i can't understand why we didnt just keep 37th pick we got for Javon. At that point we could have drafted chad jackson (the stud receiver we desperately need) and winston justice (a top 15 talent) 36th and 37th overall. I mean i loved our first 3rd round pick (Abdul Hodge). The guy is gonna be a great pro and a great addition with AJ Hawk.BUT, we COULD have had 3 first round talents (Hawk, Jackson, and Justice) with our first 3 picks, but instead took lesser known and talented players with more picks. I understand the mentalty that if we get enough quantity that there outta be some quality in there.BUT I would of felt a little better w/ more quality than quantity. I am hoping , just like everyone else, that this pays major dividens.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lambeau...It's only an opinion, but I don't think he would have sat 'til week 10...$$$ talks. Now, there was the potential for him being a disgruntled goat in the lockeroom, or half-asing everything...I acknowledge there was that risk.

As for how to handle this...the pack could have given him more $$$ had he not whined to the media...the Pack have shown a willingness to do this before..e.g. Fergy, Driver, Tauscher...but since Javon pouted to the public, he screwed himself. The pack couldn't set the precedent of giving into his deamands...they need to maintain the image that they're willing to reward players on the Packer's own terms.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I understand Walker would get paid and wouldnt have to report until week 10. The new CBA rules made it much tougher for teams to recover money from players for holding out.

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I agree..

Moss would have been a good pick DePack...

(oh well..at least TT didn't "screw up" the Hawk pick...)

...and yeah..He could have gotten more for Walker....imo...

WE DONT WANT A SHORT RECIVER!!! THATS WHY WE LET CHATMAN GO!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
figtab said:
P@ck66 said:
I agree..

Yea. I agree. I'd prefer no WR under 6 feet, unless he's for the sole purpose of receiving kicks and punts and no shorter than five ten if thats the case.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
figtab said:
P@ck66 said:
I agree..

Yea. I agree. I'd prefer no WR under 6 feet, unless he's for the sole purpose of receiving kicks and punts and no shorter than five ten if thats the case.

Yea...I agree...Steve Smith would look terrible in Green and Gold :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
figtab said:
P@ck66 said:
I agree..

Yea...I agree...Steve Smith would look terrible in Green and Gold :roll:

Great point, DePack!

Steve Smith however did start out as a KR/PR in the NFL and worked his way up as one of the best deep threats of the NFL.

edit, Steve Smith Career Stats

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
figtab said:
P@ck66 said:
I agree..

Is that why TT drafted Jennings..? He's short..

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont see the big deal about walker... we got 4 draft picks for a guy that wasnt gonna play for us...

he had ONE good year, and he had a hall of fame QB behind a nice O-line throwin him the ball.

Good luck with plummer in denver, we did the right thing and donald driver is better anyway. i would have taken less for walker.... TT did a great job we got hodge out of it and thats huge

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
figtab said:
[quote="P@ck66":2l0kru9h]I agree..

Is that why TT drafted Jennings..? He's short..[/quote:2l0kru9h]

Chat is 5-9 Jennings is 5-11

Staff online

Latest posts