Didn't even bother this year...

KnightedOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually, draft day. You see posts from me pointing out how TT simply refuses to draft an immediate offensive weapon, especially at receiver. Always written in a sensationalist form.

I'll be quick and clear. He overlooked any immediate offensive improvement again at skill position in the first round.

It's more than obvious the Pack has mediocre receivers and they only look good, because Rodgers is good. You could see the anger in his expressions during the Super Bowl when Jones drops perfect spirals right to the numbers.

Yes, the pack won it all. so that means they should just avoid marquee offensive players. That must be be general consensus here.

Rodgers deserves better.

- KNIGHT

OP
OP
K

KnightedOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can get a solid OL in the second round. Or third. Or fourth, and so on. Keep in mind, Driver is pushing 40 now, and besides Jennings, there is great room for improvement.

Leonard Hankerson would have been a solid choice. Miami U standout. Listed at 6'3 209. One thing the Pack doesn't seem to want is a big, imposing receiver. He will most likely already be taken by round 2.

Derrell Johnson-Koulianos, Iowa standout, cleared of his legal trouble. has stated several times he would love to play for Aaron Rodgers, given the accuracy and consistent spiral. DJK broke every major receiving record at Iowa. Solid kick returner, great hands and a known big-play guy. Several scouting boards have said if it wasn't for his previous trouble, he had the potential to go late first/early second round.

Main problem, DJK has a lot of swagger and might be too flashy for the citizens of Green Bay, as he's known for his custom-fitted Dolce & Gabbana suits.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides Jones and Green I didn't see any other WR in the first round. Reaching for a player can really haunt you later. Sherrod, although not a **** pick, was a good solid pick.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only guy that would have been worth taking at 32 that was at a skill postion was Ingram but the Saints jumped up and got him.

you're sitting there *****ing but the last 1st round WR we took turned into a complete waste and a prima dona. Jennings and Nelson were a 2nd round picks. that late in the first round is pretty much 2nd round guys anyway, the only thing that the Packers could have done would have been to trade back and they probably still would have picked Sherrod.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.

living in the Detroit area, I have witnesses this ever year. the Lions would draft a **** skilled RB, WR, QB, in the first Rd, most years in the top 10. The draft was always the Lions and their fans Superbowl every year. every year, fans would be buzzing as the Lions tried to build and rebuild their team with flashy, **** picks, while filling in their interior lines with old worn out has Beene and low tiered draft picks. Kevin Smith, Roy Williams, Charles Rodgers, Mike Williams, Joey Harrington, Brandon Pettigrew, etc, etc, etc. It wasn't until they realized what they were doing, got rid of Matt Millen and his Knight-like draft mentality and started building their offense and defensive lines that has made them go from joke of the league and 0-16 to a possible playoff contender and to what others are calling on this forum "scary."

Yes, everyone loves a flashy, **** WR who wears custom suits in the first round. It gives them a warm, fuzzy feeling, and makes them feel like a draft winner, however that feeling is usually gone by November or earlier.

My thoughts...

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry for the poor spelling and grammar mistakes...I am typing on my i-pad and it has the auto correct on. What a pain in the ***

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Knight just another TT hater that can't admit that TT Actully knows what he is doing....he only got us to the promised land with the players HE drafted and brought the Lombardi trophy backhome....Packers 2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!

Reaction score
This guy is nuts. Our receiving group stinks...... This guy wouldn't know a good receiving corp if it sat on his face. You won't realize what you've had until it disappears remember that. Everyone said Ryan Grant stunk. Well everyone was quick to learn that he is a good running back and how much we needed him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.

living in the Detroit area, I have witnesses this ever year. the Lions would draft a **** skilled RB, WR, QB, in the first Rd, most years in the top 10.

THIS^^

For YEARS Detroit drafted skill players at the receiver position. And for YEARS they've been one of the worst teams in the NFL. Only now are they looking to turn it around.

Sorry, but the OP is one of the dumbest I've ever seen, and that's saying something.

OP
OP
K

KnightedOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.

living in the Detroit area, I have witnesses this ever year. the Lions would draft a **** skilled RB, WR, QB, in the first Rd, most years in the top 10. The draft was always the Lions and their fans Superbowl every year. every year, fans would be buzzing as the Lions tried to build and rebuild their team with flashy, **** picks, while filling in their interior lines with old worn out has Beene and low tiered draft picks. Kevin Smith, Roy Williams, Charles Rodgers, Mike Williams, Joey Harrington, Brandon Pettigrew, etc, etc, etc. It wasn't until they realized what they were doing, got rid of Matt Millen and his Knight-like draft mentality and started building their offense and defensive lines that has made them go from joke of the league and 0-16 to a possible playoff contender and to what others are calling on this forum "scary."

Yes, everyone loves a flashy, **** WR who wears custom suits in the first round. It gives them a warm, fuzzy feeling, and makes them feel like a draft winner, however that feeling is usually gone by November or earlier.

My thoughts...

Detroit has also had Humpty Dumpty at QB forever.

OP
OP
K

KnightedOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knight just another TT hater that can't admit that TT Actully knows what he is doing....he only got us to the promised land with the players HE drafted and brought the Lombardi trophy backhome....Packers 2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!

If you drafted 5 or 6 unknown players per draft, and one or two turned out better than expected, does that make you a genius?

No, it's called the law of average and even a dummy could do it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The op is just someone trying to troll

He posted enjoy our cheese and cheap beer and that we are white trash

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, Knighted One...

I wouldn't of minded picking up a receiver, I think we do need to tighten up our receiving corps bur I think we might land up working with what we have. I think we needed help with the Oline and Dline more, hence, T.T. got Sherrod when he came up.

As for receivers, how many "quality" receivers are even going to be left by the time we get that far? Might be a little late for that....

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
If you drafted 5 or 6 unknown players per draft, and one or two turned out better than expected, does that make you a genius?

No, it's called the law of average and even a dummy could do it.

Yes your right any dummy can do it. Which is why the Jaguars, Panthers, Vikings, Seahawks, Eagles, Cardinals, Lions, Bills, Bengals, Falcons, Chargers, Texans, Browns, and the Titans all have Super Bowl victories.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Nevermind:

This troll sounds a lot like MichaelKnight who showed up for the NFC Championship week talking about his "bearers." He was banned and then I think he came back around the Super Bowl with another name that included Knight in it and trolled again.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the hell Knighted this guy? I think he should be stripped of his sword and made to play 4th string QB for the Vikings. This is no Knight! He shall cross swords with me and we shall see what kind of Knight he is! Bloody Hell!!!! Shall we duel? Rouge!!! Lets go all Medieval on his tail!!! For the Pack!!!

:sword: :duel:

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually, draft day. You see posts from me pointing out how TT simply refuses to draft an immediate offensive weapon, especially at receiver. Always written in a sensationalist form.

I call troll on this one.

1) Kid has been registered since April 2011, has six posts, and is saying we normally see posts from him on draft day. Unless this kid has multple usernames that I'm unaware of, that's inaccurate.

2) "Sensationalist form?" Just a clever way of saying you're ******* for attention, just like trolls.

I'm ignoring it and moving on :).

Members online