Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let’s be honest. Carroll and the Seahawks OWNED us in the second half. We got the benefit of a probably overly generous spot at the end without enough evidence to CLEARLY overturn it. I hate Pete Carroll but he’s a great coach and MLF has a long way to go.
no way. the yellow line was in the wrong place by at least a foot. the spot was correct!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
no way. the yellow line was in the wrong place by at least a foot. the spot was correct!
But the yellow line is drawn based on the official marker which is on the other side of the field. The one in the picture is just a convenience for the TV viewers.

D

Deleted member 6794

But the yellow line is drawn based on the official marker which is on the other side of the field. The one in the picture is just a convenience for the TV viewers.

It seems the official marker (take a look at the referee standing on the 45-yard line) is closer to the one on the other side of the field than the yellow line used on TV as well though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agreed. I got the impression that the red markers with cams inside them are the first down markers. Placed there for that very reason, instant replay to get a view right down the line. The TV produce Yellow line is not always correct.

Good spot on your part Captain!

I still wait for the day that a chip is placed inside the football. A quick computer program, using GPS and other technology and they can spot the ball with a hairs length from where it should be.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
AK posted my thoughts exactly. Maybe in the 1st half ... That would have evened out significantly in the 2nd half?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes. but wilson had torched them all 2nd half. it just kinda surprised me that he punted. i know the odds say to punt though.
I think the Preston sack made it 4th and 11. Had it been a shorter distance maybe they go. A stop would have put us on the fringe of FG range or pinned them deep with No TO's. In the first half a sack forced a 50 yard attempt that failed. What is ironic is to recall that last season when we went to Seattle MM was faced with the same scenario. He punted and figured his leaky defense would be good enough to get a stop. Boy, did he get a wrong number!

D

Deleted member 6794

I still wait for the day that a chip is placed inside the football. A quick computer program, using GPS and other technology and they can spot the ball with a hairs length from where it should be.

Agreed, I have a hard time understanding why the NFL hasn't done that by now as it's already widely used in soccer.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems the official marker (take a look at the referee standing on the 45-yard line) is closer to the one on the other side of the field than the yellow line used on TV as well though.

I'm fine with it. I'm glad there's controversy on that last play. Let it be Seattle's Fail Mary game. May it haunt them for decades.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFleur did not outcoach Carroll. That would be true if he told Pettine to switch a defense that did little in the 2nd half to stop Wilson and what he was doing. So no, they hung on and Carroll punted the ball. A few good play calls on offense and the game was won.

Latest posts