• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not at all...saw a post game show and they made the comment MLF did out coach him.

Just asking

YOu are free not to vote

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, but I feel incredibly lucky not to have watched Pete chewing gum every sideline shot, but was able to see him pitch a fit on that 1st down replay. I thought GB played a pretty sound game overall, was nervous coming off the "bye" but they showed up. To me that says they were well coached.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only coaching decision i think that was glaring was carroll deciding to punt with 3 minutes left. that potentially cost them the game because they weren't getting the ball back.
i voted yes. the Packers did several unPackers-like things that impacted the game. his game plan was the difference.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
the only coaching decision i think that was glaring was carroll deciding to punt with 3 minutes left. that potentially cost them the game because they weren't getting the ball back.
i voted yes. the Packers did several unPackers-like things that impacted the game. his game plan was the difference.
So Rodgers didn't revolt against the game plan this time? Well that was very nice of him.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I could understand why Carroll decided to punt. It was 4th and long and their defense did stop us a few times in the second half. Pete did say in his post game presser that they were going to go for it until we sacked Russell. Didn't they also have 3 TOs?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could understand why Carroll decided to punt. It was 4th and long and their defense did stop us a few times in the second half. Pete did say in his post game presser that they were going to go for it until we sacked Russell. Didn't they also have 3 TOs?
yes. but wilson had torched them all 2nd half. it just kinda surprised me that he punted. i know the odds say to punt though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
yes. but wilson had torched them all 2nd half. it just kinda surprised me that he punted. i know the odds say to punt though.
If Rodgers doesn't convert on a couple of great 3rd and longs, they get another opportunity. 4th and 11 after you just got sacked is a dicey proposition. It's always a tough decision to give that ball back to an all time great quarterback who has a reputation for being clutch, but it wouldn't have been a real high percentage decision to go for it there. IMO.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Pete Carroll is a great NFL coach overall, but I think he's pretty terrible "in-game." He's conservative to a fault despite having a truly elite quarterback. I don't think it's hard to out coach him on Sundays.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers doesn't convert on a couple of great 3rd and longs, they get another opportunity. 4th and 11 after you just got sacked is a dicey proposition. It's always a tough decision to give that ball back to an all time great quarterback who has a reputation for being clutch, but it wouldn't have been a real high percentage decision to go for it there. IMO.
yeah i get the percentages and those conversions were huge. it just kinda surprised me. the Packers have been good at closing when they have the ball last.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not to sound smug, but I think the fans at the game deserve a lot of credit too. Thus, having home field was truly 3+ points. Very few people sat down the entire game and if they did, it was briefly. You could see the defense was about drained in the 4th Q, having to chase Russell all night and I really believe it was the fans who helped keep the players adrenaline going. I can't say that it was the loudest sporting event I have been to, but the fan energy could be felt all over Lambeau and had that game been in Seattle, not so sure our defense makes those stops.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were less than 10 people in our entire section that may have sat briefly during non game play. I'd say almost every single person stood from start to finish. I may have lost my voice

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What MLF is still missing is the halftime adjustments. For some coaches, that easier said than done. If MLF is one of those, I would suggest having multiple game plans drawn up for various scenarios so he can switch plans quickly. It's a lot to ask of a young head coach who barely has any experience as a playcaller as well.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What MLF is still missing is the halftime adjustments. For some coaches, that easier said than done. If MLF is one of those, I would suggest having multiple game plans drawn up for various scenarios so he can switch plans quickly. It's a lot to ask of a young head coach who barely has any experience as a playcaller as well.
idk...i think as a whole he's done well with HT adjustments...at least for the O he has imo. several games this season he's scaled back the O at half time after it went into a ditch after the scripted plays ran out. sometimes it might not take effect until the halfway through the 3rd qtr but it eventually does. sometimes i wish he'd give pettine the evil eye when he's running the soft zone.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let’s be honest. Carroll and the Seahawks OWNED us in the second half. We got the benefit of a probably overly generous spot at the end without enough evidence to CLEARLY overturn it. I hate Pete Carroll but he’s a great coach and MLF has a long way to go.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let’s be honest. Carroll and the Seahawks OWNED us in the second half. We got the benefit of a probably overly generous spot at the end without enough evidence to CLEARLY overturn it. I hate Pete Carroll but he’s a great coach and MLF has a long way to go.
Didn’t you say “let’s be honest” ??

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The only reason it appeared they owned us is because of Wilson and his improvisational abilities out there. Once they abandoned the run and let Wilson run wild he wore out the defense - like he does to everybody else. But we got the stops on Wilson when we needed to and got enough plays on offense to close out the game.

Sky King

Reaction score
The only reason it appeared they owned us is because of Wilson and his improvisational abilities out there. Once they abandoned the run and let Wilson run wild he wore out the defense - like he does to everybody else. But we got the stops on Wilson when we needed to and got enough plays on offense to close out the game.
Wilson is a huge handful and he deserves his due. But the Packers did a little more as a team when it mattered most and hung on by the skin of their teeth. Come to think of it, that' pretty much describes many of their wins this season.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pete Carroll outcoached himself. In the week leading up to the game he mentioned he was going to get Lynch involved in the game plan more. Right then I knew we were going to win. Nothing like taking the ball out of Wilson's hands to try and win games. Lynch and Homer rushed for an average of 2.6 yards per carry, and the only reason the game got as close as it did is because Wilson made play after play in the second half. Without Wilson, the Seahawks are a 4 or 5 win team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Without Wilson, the Seahawks are a 4 or 5 win team.

Sounds like the way people use to describe the Packers and Rodgers. ;)

Now despite Rodgers playing so poorly all season (tongue in cheek), the Packers are 14-3 and still in the Lombardi Hunt.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not sure MLF out-coached Petey on Sunday. Actually, I thought Carroll got the most out of a very banged up squad. And I’m no fan of Carroll, but damn, through a lot of changes from the Legion of Boom days, his teams always manage to stay relevant throughout the season, and the wins against them are always earned. All that said, I’ll take MLF over Carroll any day.

Members online

Latest posts